HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago Blackhawks @ St. Louis Blues 9/30

Old
09-30-2010, 10:37 PM
Hawksfan12*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
Morin. From watching the other "prospects" around the league during preseason I have to say that, although it's just a few games, you can't help but be worried about what we've ended up with.
??? What

Since we have 1 Preseason win we should be worried?

The Lions were 4-0 in the Preseason in the NFL and Few years ago,,,then 0-16

Leafs were Great in Preseason Last Year,,,Horrid Start. And Gave Boston Seguin.

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 10:39 PM
chotanecter

is skille okay?

chotanecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 10:44 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
Morin. From watching the other "prospects" around the league during preseason I have to say that, although it's just a few games, you can't help but be worried about what we've ended up with.
Not sure exactly what you're referring to.

Blackhawks have one of the deeper groups of prospects in the league. Their only real top-end guy is Beach, and it looks like he'll need some development time in the Rock. These guys aren't going to blow anyone out - it's not as if there are going to be gaping top-6 openings anytime soon with Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Bolland, etc. all in town.

If you're going at the Hawks' poor preseason record, they haven't really dressed more than three or four core players in any one game. I wouldn't worry about it (just look at the Bears right now for an example).

Chris Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 10:46 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
??? What

No, the record doesn't worry me at all. It's lack of production on offense and defense overall on the prospecting games. Been watching too much hockey lately and haven't seen as many underwhelming performances out of other clubs when they send in the rookies multiple times. Some guys look good when paired with Toews, or Sharp...etc, but on their own they don't stand out too well.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 11:02 PM
Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by chotanecter View Post
is skille okay?
Q says he's day-to-day

Teemu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 11:42 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
So judging by this thread would this be fair statements

Turco = Huet
Scott = Walker

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 11:47 PM
BlackHawkeye*

BlackHawkeye* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 12:16 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

For those that watched

Beach finished a -4 and had very little icetime

I take it he was terrible out there?

Old
10-01-2010, 12:46 AM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
??? What

Keep in mind that the win came when the Hawks had most of their regulars in the lineup. The rest of the games its been mostly prospects with a couple regulars here and there. The next couple of games should give a better picture of where the teams at as I imagine there will be more regulars in the lineup with the last cuts being made in the next couple of days.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 01:42 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
This place is becoming more and more like the 300 level. That's not a good thing.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 02:39 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
This place is becoming more and more like the 300 level. That's not a good thing.

Its not that bad

Old
10-01-2010, 06:42 AM
Blackwater13*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Its not that bad
You are like a mini JimC.

Blackwater13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 07:22 AM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 1700
The moan and whine is strong around here. If one wouldn't know better, they might think the Blackhawks didn't win the Cup last season.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeticDonut View Post
The moan and whine is strong around here. If one wouldn't know better, they might think the Blackhawks didn't win the Cup last season.
I don't see what you're talking about. I don't see anyone standing on the edge of a cliff? Maybe you should take a step back and actually read what people write before assuming everyone is moaning and crying.

The Hawks played 2 or 3 regulars against most of the Blues real team and still outshot them, though they lost. I really can't see how anyone could be unhappy with any of this.

We have a nice group of young prospects. Most of them won't make the team out of camp and that's fine. The players that end up being bad will be replaced before long. Things are looking good and the Hawks are going to make a good run at defending the cup IMO.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Dump and Chase
Hand of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I don't see what you're talking about. I don't see anyone standing on the edge of a cliff? Maybe you should take a step back and actually read what people write before assuming everyone is moaning and crying.

Stalberg was likely the best Hawk on the ice in last nights game. He worked hard and created some of the best opportunities for us. It is kind of funny because on this board he has already been tried, judged and is awaiting execution.

Cullimore is still in Chicago but has a 1-10 shot to make the team. He is not very skilled but he is big, strong, plays tough and gives 100% of his ability on every stride. He has a role to play and the guy plays it.

Yet we have an army of critics on here calling both of these guys terrible and it's really not the case. I for one would prefer to see more intelligence and less emotion surrounding the discussion on these players. Only then will it be remotely accurate.

Dump and Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Steve Larmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dump and Chase View Post
Stalberg was likely the best Hawk on the ice in last nights game. He worked hard and created some of the best opportunities for us. It is kind of funny because on this board he has already been tried, judged and is awaiting execution.

Cullimore is still in Chicago but has a 1-10 shot to make the team. He is not very skilled but he is big, strong, plays tough and gives 100% of his ability on every stride. He has a role to play and the guy plays it.

Yet we have an army of critics on here calling both of these guys terrible and it's really not the case. I for one would prefer to see more intelligence and less emotion surrounding the discussion on these players. Only then will it be remotely accurate.
Sorry D & C, but Cullicrap (or Cullimoron, if you prefer) is beyond bad. I will be furious if he plays significant minutes this year.

Steve Larmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Sarava

Quote:

You know, this is a message board. Fans are passionate about their team. I find this board to have a really good bunch of posters. At least when compared to say...the Bears official forum. Have you ever read that forum? Even when the Bears do good, posters bash each other. If someone makes a great play...instead of being happy and cheering, the 'Where are all the XXXXXX bashers' threads start. Half the posters on the Bears forum seem more interested in 'being right' than the Bears succeeding.

Do some people go over the top or get over-reactionary to small things...sure...but who cares? I'd rather read posts like that (even if I laugh off what they say) than other posts crying about fellow posters and fans.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

Quote:
For those that watched

Beach finished a -4 and had very little icetime

I take it he was terrible out there?
You couldn't really fault him for the empty netter or Turco being undressed by Oshie.

The third goal was scored by a guy who drifted by Makarov into a shooting lane.

The other goal was a pass from behind the net into the crease area. Beach had finished his check along the boards, and nobody went to the player behind the net.

On this occasion +/- wasn't a good indicator his play - That stat rarely is.

Hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

This time last year the Hawks lost to Zurich.

The season turned out OK.

Hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 10:57 AM
HartforHoss

Quote:

Stalberg looked much improved compared with his other preseason efforts. He seemed passive playing with the rich guys and really took the wheel out there with the B team.

Cullimore not so much. This guy has yet to show me he can be a contributor and the same goes for the other big guy. Scott can be physically imposing around the net and seems equally comfortable throwing right and left hooks, but is a total liability in all other things. The other goat of the night might have been Turco.

So far I've been impressed by Skille, Morin and Leddy. Also, a bit underwhelmed by Beach, Dowell, Vishnevskiy and the aforementioned blueliners. Stalberg was in that group until having a totally different effort last night. Also Hendry has looked more physical, confident, faster and just better than I remember him IMO.

HartforHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Pez68
Fire Quenneville

If Cullimore is on this roster come October 7th....something is very, very wrong. The guy wasn't a servicable NHL defenseman 5 years ago, let alone now.

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 02:13 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Cullimore isn't physical. He's big, with no offensive ability, and is a penalty machine.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkster View Post
This time last year the Hawks lost to Zurich.

The season turned out OK.
Unless your name was Cristobal Huet or Cam Barker

There season didn't turn out ok

Old
10-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Unless your name was Cristobal Huet or Cam Barker

There season didn't turn out ok
Huet still got the Cup (among other things).

Barker got a little screwed, but now he gets more minutes and people seem to actually like him.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Huet still got the Cup (among other things).

Barker got a little screwed, but now he gets more minutes and people seem to actually like him.
Wild fans are not fans of his

He has made no improvements

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=824818

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 10-01-2010 at 03:46 PM.