HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hawks - Avs

Old
09-30-2010, 05:32 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
Hawks - Avs

Viktor Stalberg
2nd Hawks

TJ Galiardi

Hawks get the better LW and he is better for our 3rd line than Stalberg would be

Avs get a replacement + a pick. If the Langenbrunner rumors are true, they could involve the 2nd and/or Stalberg in this package to get Langenbrunner

to the Hawk Fans: this has nothing to do with Stalberg bashing like some of you have done. I like what Galiardi brings and it would be nice to have him. IMO Stalberg's style of play fits better with Colorado than with the Hawks.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 06:13 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I seriously doubt that Colorado, a team coming out of a rebuild, moves a better younger player for the additional upside of a decent pick.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 06:28 AM
wej20

No way Avs do that.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Avs would never do this

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 08:42 AM
electricjib

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post

Viktor Stalberg
2nd Hawks

TJ Galiardi

Hawks get the better LW and he is better for our 3rd line than Stalberg would be

Avs get a replacement + a pick. If the Langenbrunner rumors are true, they could involve the 2nd and/or Stalberg in this package to get Langenbrunner

to the Hawk Fans: this has nothing to do with Stalberg bashing like some of you have done. I like what Galiardi brings and it would be nice to have him. IMO Stalberg's style of play fits better with Colorado than with the Hawks.
people on this board worry me

electricjib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 09:13 AM
Zingbo2133

Hell No!!!

Zingbo2133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 10:51 AM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Obviously bad for Colorado.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 11:01 AM
chewey
dmitri

vCash: 136
No thank you from Avs.

Last edited by chewey: 09-30-2010 at 11:41 AM.
chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 11:41 AM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Terrible for the Avs. Galiardi is their second best PKer and going to play on the top line this year.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 11:42 AM
99 steps
to the top

Avs don't touch this.

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 11:54 AM
Baron

I love this trade. First you point out that Galiardi is better so the Hawks are upgrading. Then it's justified by the Avs getting a (lesser) player back to fill this roster - which can be used to get Langenbrunner. I'd like the Avs to pick up Langenbrunner so I think the thought of the Avs acquiring worse assets so that they can more evenly trade with is always smart.

While at this point I was hesitant to pull the trigger, after reading the disclaimer I was sold.

Though, I can see why Hawks fans need a bit more motivation to do this. While Stalberg may warrant bashing by fans in Chicago, it's obviously going to be a much better situation to get him as far away from that team as possible. I imagine those aforementioned fans would agree his playing style fits a myriad of other teams as well though. Sure, us Avs fans may like Galiardi ourselves but clearly it would be nicer for the hawks to have him.

While we're on the topic, Stewart is having a bit of a sluggish pre-season. Any interest in a package for a couple journeymen and maybe a second? The avs could use a bit more pieces they can use to balance potential deadline trades.

Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Wow, sorry but never thought that Galiardi has that much trade value

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Take out Gallardi and make the 2nd a 3rd

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

No thanks. Galiardi is a keeper.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 01:48 PM
shadow1

Quote:
Wow, sorry but never thought that Galiardi has that much trade value
Essentially this trade is the equivalent of Colorado developing a player, then trading him right away for an inferior player, along with the same draft pick they used on the player they're trading. Doesn't make sense.

Old
09-30-2010, 01:52 PM
electricjib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
I love this trade. First you point out that Galiardi is better so the Hawks are upgrading. Then it's justified by the Avs getting a (lesser) player back to fill this roster - which can be used to get Langenbrunner. I'd like the Avs to pick up Langenbrunner so I think the thought of the Avs acquiring worse assets so that they can more evenly trade with is always smart.

While at this point I was hesitant to pull the trigger, after reading the disclaimer I was sold.

Though, I can see why Hawks fans need a bit more motivation to do this. While Stalberg may warrant bashing by fans in Chicago, it's obviously going to be a much better situation to get him as far away from that team as possible. I imagine those aforementioned fans would agree his playing style fits a myriad of other teams as well though. Sure, us Avs fans may like Galiardi ourselves but clearly it would be nicer for the hawks to have him.

While we're on the topic, Stewart is having a bit of a sluggish pre-season. Any interest in a package for a couple journeymen and maybe a second? The avs could use a bit more pieces they can use to balance potential deadline trades.
I am trying to turn on my SARCASM METER but i'm having a really hard time since it seems like you're serious. Dude you need

Stewart is going to be fine, have you actually seen him play? He's skating just fine, what does preseason count for? He still looks the same, fast, good rushing, good checking, playing with his size and so on. Just because he hasn't scored in the preseason doesn't mean he'll get traded for 3 AHL players or as you said, journeymen. He still looks good. Stastny hadn't scored until last game. You can't read into preseason stats when the guy has played maybe 2 games with about 2/3 the half time he usually gets.

And to the OP's value of Galiardi, did you not watch him in the SJ/Avs series? Have you ever seen him play? He's an amazing 22 YO forward and is one of the better PK'ers in the league. Rookie season with about 40 pts, he's only going to get better. He went from a 4th line center to 1st Line LW.

The Avs aren't looking for bad luggage, they're looking for there young players to step up. I don't know whose post was worst the OP's or Baron's...Geesh

Old
09-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Nazzlind

How is Stalberg better suited for the Avs then Galiardi?

Galiardi fits the team like a glove. He can play pretty much any role as he has great chemistry with both O'Reilly (checking role) and Stastny (offensive role).

He reminds me of a younger Burrows (playing style that is lol)

Nazzlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricjib View Post
I am trying to turn on my SARCASM METER but i'm having a really hard time since it seems like you're serious. Dude you need

Stewart is going to be fine, have you actually seen him play? He's skating just fine, what does preseason count for? He still looks the same, fast, good rushing, good checking, playing with his size and so on. Just because he hasn't scored in the preseason doesn't mean he'll get traded for 3 AHL players or as you said, journeymen. He still looks good. Stastny hadn't scored until last game. You can't read into preseason stats when the guy has played maybe 2 games with about 2/3 the half time he usually gets.

And to the OP's value of Galiardi, did you not watch him in the SJ/Avs series? Have you ever seen him play? He's an amazing 22 YO forward and is one of the better PK'ers in the league. Rookie season with about 40 pts, he's only going to get better. He went from a 4th line center to 1st Line LW.

The Avs aren't looking for bad luggage, they're looking for there young players to step up. I don't know whose post was worst the OP's or Baron's...Geesh

It's kinda funny actually but when I woke up this morning I mentally racked my brain trying to think of all the different players around the league. I thought to myself, now going forward who best could help the Avs this season. I realized that Viktor Stalberg and the Blackhawks second round pick would be the best.

My rationale is two-fold.

First, as soon as we throw the Blackhawks second round pick, Langenbrunner will be ours. It instantly balances out any one of our previous possible offers making this next trade perfect. I mean it's like a third round pick... BUT BETTER.

Secondly, the Avs need Viktor Stalberg. Just like the OP said. He's like Galiardi except Galiardi is better. Don't let the OP's warning fool you. Hawks fans may bash him but that doesn't mean he won't be awesome here. He may even become as nice as Galiardi, and worse case scenario he could be OUR scapegoat. Sweet, eh?

Unfortunately, we can't get all this for free so we'll have to trade someone. Yeah, it would be nice to have Galiardi and I do like what he brings, but look at what we could get. Ignoring the other assets moving for Langenbrunner, we could get Langenbrunner for almost nothing.

As for Stewart. Well he does fit a role in this team like Galiardi but if we want to make any trades this deadline we need stuff to move. When the trade deadline rolls around and trades are flying left and right we won't want to be left out. What happens if a team responds to one of our offers with a: "Yeah, thats not bad but it's missing a tiny little bit more." I mean yeah, we may have a prospect or two and a couple picks ourselves. But why trade those - we could acquire those pieces from other teams and trade those instead!

Trade balancers are important.
Like last deadline, Phoenix was lucky they had Porter. Mueller clearly wasn't enough for Wolski and without those key trade balancers, that deal never would have happened. We should really be thinking about acquiring as many of those assets for future trades.

electricjib, You see now right?

Old
09-30-2010, 02:29 PM
P0ckets
BB Pisses Genius

Quote:

Viktor Stalberg
2nd Hawks

TJ Galiardi

consider what the "other" teams needs and plans are before spitting out crap like this.

Last edited by Majik1987: 09-30-2010 at 03:25 PM. Reason: flaming
P0ckets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 02:39 PM
electricjib

Quote:
It's kinda funny actually but when I woke up this morning I mentally racked my brain trying to think of all the different players around the league. I thought to myself, now going forward who best could help the Avs this season. I realized that Viktor Stalberg and the Blackhawks second round pick would be the best.

My rationale is two-fold.

First, as soon as we throw the Blackhawks second round pick, Langenbrunner will be ours. It instantly balances out any one of our previous possible offers making this next trade perfect. I mean it's like a third round pick... BUT BETTER.

Secondly, the Avs need Viktor Stalberg. Just like the OP said. He's like Galiardi except Galiardi is better. Don't let the OP's warning fool you. Hawks fans may bash him but that doesn't mean he won't be awesome here. He may even become as nice as Galiardi, and worse case scenario he could be OUR scapegoat. Sweet, eh?

Unfortunately, we can't get all this for free so we'll have to trade someone. Yeah, it would be nice to have Galiardi and I do like what he brings, but look at what we could get. Ignoring the other assets moving for Langenbrunner, we could get Langenbrunner for almost nothing.

As for Stewart. Well he does fit a role in this team like Galiardi but if we want to make any trades this deadline we need stuff to move. When the trade deadline rolls around and trades are flying left and right we won't want to be left out. What happens if a team responds to one of our offers with a: "Yeah, thats not bad but it's missing a tiny little bit more." I mean yeah, we may have a prospect or two and a couple picks ourselves. But why trade those - we could acquire those pieces from other teams and trade those instead!

Trade balancers are important.
Like last deadline, Phoenix was lucky they had Porter. Mueller clearly wasn't enough for Wolski and without those key trade balancers, that deal never would have happened. We should really be thinking about acquiring as many of those assets for future trades.

electricjib, You see now right?
not really, but your entitled to your opinion dude. I just look at the long run and while I like the idea of having Langenbrunner, I don't want to trade Gali for it. I'd rather keep Gali and have Langs as well. Langs is 35, why trade 2 players like Stewart or Galiardi, both 21 or 22 for Stalberg and Langenbrunner, when we can essentially get Langs for nothing? I don't see the point of the trade you want to make. Two budding players in Stewart and Gali make more sense to me. To each there own though.

Old
09-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

I think baron is trolling. But trolling in this forum just ends up being akin to faking insanity in an asylum.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricjib View Post
not really, but your entitled to your opinion dude. I just look at the long run and while I like the idea of having Langenbrunner, I don't want to trade Gali for it. I'd rather keep Gali and have Langs as well. Langs is 35, why trade 2 players like Stewart or Galiardi, both 21 or 22 for Stalberg and Langenbrunner, when we can essentially get Langs for nothing? I don't see the point of the trade you want to make. Two budding players in Stewart and Gali make more sense to me. To each there own though.
Reasonable enough. Though to be fair, The way I thought of it this morning - we aren't trading Gali for Langenbrunner. NJ wouldn't go for that. We're trading Gali to the hawks for just one of the pieces involved in getting Langenbrunner.

It essentially would be Galiardi + more... for a year of Langenbrunner! (and Stalberg would be the warm body to replace the hole created with Galiardi leaving).

Old
09-30-2010, 02:50 PM
shadow1

Quote:
Reasonable enough. Though to be fair, The way I thought of it this morning - we aren't trading Gali for Langenbrunner. NJ wouldn't go for that.
You're either a troll, or are unaware of Galiardi's value, as well as the salary cap situation the Devils are in.

Old
09-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Ulic

Quote:
...I mean it's like a third round pick... BUT BETTER...
...He may even become as nice as Galiardi, and worse case scenario he could be OUR scapegoat. Sweet, eh?...
You, sir, are my hero. There is a line where a post crosses from seriousness into clear sarcasm and you skirt it like a mother****ing pro.

Ulic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 03:20 PM
Finnish your Czech
Jermain Defriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic View Post
You, sir, are my hero. There is a line where a post crosses from seriousness into clear sarcasm and you skirt it like a mother****ing pro.
Yah, I can't believe people are missing that!

Finnish your Czech is offline   Reply With Quote