HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers Games in Calgary

Old
10-01-2010, 09:41 AM
jsho

vCash: 500
Oilers Games in Calgary

For all you Oiler fans down here in Calgary, where are the good spots to watch the Oil games? Im currently in the SE area but any suggestions of bars that arent going to be dominated by Flames fans would be appreciated.

jsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 09:44 AM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsho View Post
For all you Oiler fans down here in Calgary, where are the good spots to watch the Oil games? Im currently in the SE area but any suggestions of bars that arent going to be dominated by Flames fans would be appreciated.
If you got a blackberry, go to The Score Mobile, then go to NHL, then on the tabs there should be a TV tab in red to click on, click on it, then click the game you want to watch, then select your City then it'll show what bars are showing the game. It's an awesome app!

Paralyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 10:39 AM
jsho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Oilers View Post
If you got a blackberry, go to The Score Mobile, then go to NHL, then on the tabs there should be a TV tab in red to click on, click on it, then click the game you want to watch, then select your City then it'll show what bars are showing the game. It's an awesome app!
Cool, thats pretty handy. Looks like the closest locations for tonights game are Ranchmans and the French Maid

Old
10-01-2010, 10:50 AM
MoeLemayStays

I'm going to hijack your thread a little jsho.

In years past almost all the Oiler games were available to fans in Calgary. Now with no more PPV and the new SN1, are we going to see as many games down here? Will the Flames bump the Oiler games when they play same night? Does getting CI make much of a difference when it comes to seeing the Oilers?

I know that there is a SN1 thread but I hoping some fellow Oiler fans in Calgary can help me out.

MoeLemayStays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Vizzie235
mispelled user title

I remember one time coming down to Calgary to watch an Oilers game vs the Flames. After the game, we went to the Boston Pizza on 17th ave and struck up a conversation with the owner. Found out that he was an Oiler fan.

Maybe he would have the Oiler game? But it being 17th ave, I dont think he'd be playing the Oiler version of the game.

Vizzie235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 11:08 AM
jsho

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeLemayStays View Post

In years past almost all the Oiler games were available to fans in Calgary. Now with no more PPV and the new SN1, are we going to see as many games down here? Will the Flames bump the Oiler games when they play same night? Does getting CI make much of a difference when it comes to seeing the Oilers?

I know that there is a SN1 thread but I hoping some fellow Oiler fans in Calgary can help me out.
Well I think no matter what, if the Oilers and Flames play on the same night, The Flames will be shown down here on Sportsnet. As far as SN1, Im not sure how it works when ordering but they are calling Sportsnet Oilers a channel and a companion channel of SN1.

Old
10-01-2010, 11:23 AM
North Guy

Quote:
Wouldn't the usefulness of that app depend on whether a bar voluntary wants to be listed? How would the app know if Tom's Neighbourhood Pub is showing the game?

North Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Guy View Post
Wouldn't the usefulness of that app depend on whether a bar voluntary wants to be listed? How would the app know if Tom's Neighbourhood Pub is showing the game?
If they got Bell, Shaw or Telus. I found that app the other day when I was at Original Joe's hoping they would show one of the pre-season games. One of the bars they said was Canadian Brew House on ellerslie road and they have the game. It works.

Old
10-01-2010, 12:10 PM
OneMoreAstronaut
Reduce chainsaw size

vCash: 50
Quote:

I am wondering this as well. It seems like Sportnet is now separating Sportsnet West (last year) into Sportsnet Edmonton and Sportsnet Calgary, but I don't understand how Sportsnet One works either. I also live in Calgary and ordinarily I could watch the Edmonton games, but I'm not sure if they're letting us do that this year... I'd like to figure it out so I know if I need to look at getting the Center Ice package.

OneMoreAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 12:11 PM
jsho

Quote:
If they got Bell, Shaw or Telus. I found that app the other day when I was at Original Joe's hoping they would show one of the pre-season games. One of the bars they said was Canadian Brew House on ellerslie road and they have the game. It works.
Hm, I doubt it works that well for out of town then. Of course almost every bar in Edmonton will be showing the Oilers games.

Old
10-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsho View Post
Hm, I doubt it works that well for out of town then. Of course almost every bar in Edmonton will be showing the Oilers games.
yeah, but it's worth a try. If you don't luck out on watching it, then you know it isn't always right.

Old
10-01-2010, 12:25 PM
jsho

Quote:
yeah, but it's worth a try. If you don't luck out on watching it, then you know it isn't always right.
Pretty sure the app just shows every nearby bar that has tvs and shows sports...It says Ranchmans, The French Maid, Back Alley, and Tequilla are all showing soccer at 8am tomorrow. Kinda doubt that

Old
10-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Vizzie235
mispelled user title

So you guys decided where to go to watch the game?

Vizzie235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

There's a place on 17th Ave and 32nd St SW that used to show the games. I think its called Bottoms Up(?)

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 01:25 PM
czar99

The comfort of your own home.

I went to Shanks north one night and asked the guy to turn one tv onto the Oilers game and he laughed at me and walked away! I guess dart and bowling were more suited for that bar.

czar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Cawz

Quote:

The Oilers and the Flames both played a pre-season game on the same night and the Oilers game vs Phonix got bumped to another channel but was still shown. The info is in the GDT when it was discussed.

Between Sportsnet West, Sportsnet One, TSN and CBC, I don’t think any programming conflicts will occur, but you can just check the schedules to confirm if an Oiler and Flames game are both proposed on SN One at the same time.

Cawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 02:30 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawz View Post
The Oilers and the Flames both played a pre-season game on the same night and the Oilers game vs Phonix got bumped to another channel but was still shown. The info is in the GDT when it was discussed.

Between Sportsnet West, Sportsnet One, TSN and CBC, I don’t think any programming conflicts will occur, but you can just check the schedules to confirm if an Oiler and Flames game are both proposed on SN One at the same time.
Yeah...surely there are enough options these days to ensure there is at least one channel carrying the game.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote