HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lineups for 10/01 vs. CALGARY?

Old
10-01-2010, 12:33 AM
Ovechking

vCash: 732
Lineups for 10/01 vs. CALGARY?

I was just wondering if anyone knew what the lineups were going to be for tomorrow night's game against Calgary? I'm going with my girlfriend and given that she's a huge Hall/Eberle fan I'm kind of hoping they'll be playing..

Ovechking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 12:36 AM
BrinkOfGreatness*

vCash: 500
Possible line up for tomorrows tilt per Tencer.
Hall – Horcoff – Eberle
Paajarvi – Gagner – Hemsky
Jones – O’Marra – Reddox
MacIntyre – Vande Velde – Stortini

Whitney – Gilbert
Smid – Foster
Peckham – Vandermeer

Khabibulin
Dubnyk

BrinkOfGreatness* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 12:40 AM
Gags89

Right on. Looks like some toughness in the lineup

Gags89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 01:11 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChipProspect View Post
Hall – Horcoff – Eberle
Jones – O’Marra – Reddox

Whitney – Gilbert
Smid – Foster
Peckham – Vandermeer

Khabibulin
Dubnyk
No Belle? I like seeing Vande Velde get a shot on the 4th line with Storts and Mac. I must say that if the Gagner line doesn't cut it they had better scrap it.

10-01-2010, 01:11 AM
Toydarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChipProspect View Post
Hall – Horcoff – Eberle
Jones – O’Marra – Reddox

Whitney – Gilbert
Smid – Foster
Peckham – Vandermeer

Khabibulin
Dubnyk
Looks like that will be the D core for the regular season (providing Belle or Petiot don't take Peckham's spot)

I think I would have liked to see Penner dressed for this game.

Toydarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 01:13 AM
Toydarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
No Belle? I like seeing Vande Velde get a shot on the 4th line with Storts and Mac. I must say that if the Gagner line doesn't cut it they had better scrap it.
I say they switch Hall and Paajarvi mid game if things aren't working out

Toydarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 01:34 AM
TaylorHall
First overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toydarian View Post
Looks like that will be the D core for the regular season (providing Belle or Petiot don't take Peckham's spot)

I think I would have liked to see Penner dressed for this game.
I also agree, I think that our D is pretty much set with Belle/Petiot/Strudwick as 7D.

If that's the actual line-ups for tomorrow, I wonder where Omark and Cogliano will be slotted in for Sunday.

Interesting to see Paajarvi-Gagner-Hemsky back together. The coaches obviously like what they see, not only in the pre-season games, but also in practice.

TaylorHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 01:35 AM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:
I wasn't all that impressed with Belle. Or Peckham for that matter. I think Petiot, Plante, Petry and maybe even Chorney have outplayed them. I hope Peckham brings his physical game back again. He seems to have lost some of that recently compared to his first few years with the club.

I thought the Gagner line suffered from the same problem as the Horcoff line did earlier in camp. They were trying to do too much. I think once they simplify a bit and get more accustomed to playing with Paajarvi they will do fine. They were getting chances and drawing penalties.

That being said I don't like Gagner, Hemsky and Paajarvi on the PP. With this lineup, I would probably try Hall, Gagner, and Hemsky, and then Paajarvi with Horcoff and Eberle

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 01:43 AM
Arpeggio

I think the Gagner line works really well in theory. You've got two guys who can beat defencemen wide and make room for themselves, as well as drive the net. One of them is going to be going at breakneck speed at any given time, so it's a lot for opposing defencemen to watch out for. Gagner can hang back and be the beneficiary of a lot of rebounds and holes opened up up in the offensive zone.

They had a lot of odd-man rushes against the Coyotes and drew a lot of penalties, I'm not surprised the coaches liked what they saw.

Arpeggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 01:43 AM
RipsADrive
Draft Dynasty

vCash: 50
I was hoping to see Omark again tomorrow but I do like the looks of those lines. Looks like they'll be using this game to make a decision about the bottom six. I expect to see Jones, Reddox, Stortini, O'Marra and Vande Velde get more icetime then usual so that the coaching staff can get one last good look them,

I agree that the Hemsky/Gagner combo isn't really the best. Even when they play decently their games just don't seem to compliment each other well.

RipsADrive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 01:45 AM
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

If the Gagner line is going to work, Paajarvi has to stop looking to pass.

syz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 01:57 AM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
If the Gagner line is going to work, Paajarvi has to stop looking to pass.
Gregor mentioned on his show today that Hemsky and Magnus had a chat on the bench during the third where Hemsky told him that he has the skill to make the play and doesnt need to be looking to feed Gagner and himself.

edit: you can listen to it on the team 1260 site, it was right at the end of hour 3.

Paraphrasing Gregors paraphrasing Hemsky said something like "Hey kid you can make plays" then Pajaarvi went out and dominated his next two shifts

Last edited by 40oz: 10-01-2010 at 02:09 AM.
40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 02:20 AM
GorillazXL

I was one of many who complained about the Paajarvi - Gagner - Hemsky line not shooting the puck enough, however they controlled much of the play, they just didn't capitalize on the puck control. Not worry here, just frustrated that no one wanted to score.

GXL

GorillazXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 03:37 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
That IMO might make more sense although then you'd have 2 players that are weak on the puck on that line. Hall still needs to add more strength (as do most 18 year olds) while Paajarvi already has the strength of a man. That said it would be worth a try to see how that combo would work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
I wasn't all that impressed with Belle. Or Peckham for that matter. I think Petiot, Plante, Petry and maybe even Chorney have outplayed them. I hope Peckham brings his physical game back again. He seems to have lost some of that recently compared to his first few years with the club.

I thought the Gagner line suffered from the same problem as the Horcoff line did earlier in camp. They were trying to do too much. I think once they simplify a bit and get more accustomed to playing with Paajarvi they will do fine. They were getting chances and drawing penalties.

That being said I don't like Gagner, Hemsky and Paajarvi on the PP. With this lineup, I would probably try Hall, Gagner, and Hemsky, and then Paajarvi with Horcoff and Eberle
I was very disappointed that Peckham turned down Hordichuk. The kid needs to make an impression out there as the spot isn't his to lose.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 03:46 AM
TaylorHall
First overall

I think the Paajarvi-Gagner-Hemsky line simply needs to build some more chemistry together, a few more games together. It's a learning experience for everyone, a new line, a new system, and most importantly, we can't forget that Paajarvi is a rookie. A big knock on the line was too much passing, especially on the part of Paajarvi. He seems to be the shooter on that line and once he takes more shots on the net like in the game against Tampa, they should be fine. Can't wait for the BoA!

TaylorHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Halibut

Quote:
Really? After a couple attempts in preseason just give up on it? That sounds rather rash, especially considering it's preseason and guys like Hemsky are shaking off the rust rather than going all out and they are all trying to learn a new system. They need a few games at least before you can conclude that a line just isnt working and will never work, especially since this is a season for these guys to learn and develop and working with different players can only help.

Halibut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 10:53 AM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Completely agree with this. His straight away speed is good but Belle seems to have issues with mobility. I also don't think he reads the game as well as Petiot. As for Peckham I hope for his sake he has some undisclosed injury because I have not been impressed with him at all. He seems disinterested at times....I expected him to be a lot hungrier.
IMO Petiot gets the #6 spot based on his body of work so far.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Halibut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipsADrive View Post
I was hoping to see Omark again tomorrow but I do like the looks of those lines. Looks like they'll be using this game to make a decision about the bottom six. I expect to see Jones, Reddox, Stortini, O'Marra and Vande Velde get more icetime then usual so that the coaching staff can get one last good look them,
The lack of playing time for Omark makes it look more and more to me like he's going to start the season in the AHL. I'm sure he'll get some time in the last preseason game but I think they want to work on his system play.

Halibut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Krigaren*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
The lack of playing time for Omark makes it look more and more to me like he's going to start the season in the AHL. I'm sure he'll get some time in the last preseason game but I think they want to work on his system play.
Seems kinda jibberish thou doesnt it?
He was good in the last games against the canucks, however canucks werent good at all. So he makes a good game and then basicly just put him in the icebox?

Why not play him, give him the chance and let someone thats 100% making the lineup sit out?

Krigaren* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 12:11 PM
deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
Seems kinda jibberish thou doesnt it?
He was good in the last games against the canucks, however canucks werent good at all. So he makes a good game and then basicly just put him in the icebox?

Why not play him, give him the chance and let someone thats 100% making the lineup sit out?
Because theres no room for him anyways. And you'd rather be giving players that are gonna start the season the ice time.

deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Lessy

I'm not thrilled that Belle isn't getting another shot. Only one preseason game if I recall correctly to this point. He deserves a much stronger look at that last D spot though it's Peckham's to lose because of waiver eligibility I'm thinking. As for our forward lines I'd like to see Penner and Paajarvi switched. We're all forgetting how dominant Penner-Gagner-Hemsky were to start last season and a line of Paajarvi-Brule-Cogliano is arguably the fastest in the entire NHL. It'd also give us the chance to shelter our kids a little better.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Krigaren*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers710 View Post
Because theres no room for him anyways. And you'd rather be giving players that are gonna start the season the ice time.
If there is no room, and there is way he is going to start the season off in edmonton. Why not send him down already?

And you really think that players that played a few seasons in the nhl and have a few hundred games down their belt that there will be a signficant improvement in one extra game?
(that is a serious question btw, plz answer).

Now your probably going to answer that they need to get chemistry with the linemates. And am going to tell you, that the rooster edmonton playing today is not the open night rooster and that i am being very sceptical that this is nothing but an evaluation game.
In which you will say ok fine.
I guess you dont really need to reply afterall :/

Krigaren* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 12:48 PM
ponokanocker

Quote:
I say switch them after the warmups. Let's see what Hemsky, Horcoff and Hall can do together, and Gagne, Eberle and PRV. Realistically, I think PRV should start the year with Brule and Penner though.

ponokanocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 12:49 PM
laclipper

who's in the lineup for calgary tonight?

laclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 12:58 PM
deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
If there is no room, and there is way he is going to start the season off in edmonton. Why not send him down already?

And you really think that players that played a few seasons in the nhl and have a few hundred games down their belt that there will be a signficant improvement in one extra game?
(that is a serious question btw, plz answer).

Now your probably going to answer that they need to get chemistry with the linemates. And am going to tell you, that the rooster edmonton playing today is not the open night rooster and that i am being very sceptical that this is nothing but an evaluation game.
In which you will say ok fine.
I guess you dont really need to reply afterall :/
Improvement? It's all about getting them back used to the speed of the game before the games start counting. I hope that answer is serious enough for you.

Why keep him up? Competition in practices is better and at some point he will be playing up here. So looking to see where it may fit is easier the more you see him play with the players that'll be here. It's also better to familiarize him with the staff and systems as much as possible. O'Mark just doesn't have a place here. Theres no room in the top 9 unless a trade happens, and putting him in the bottom 3 would be a quick way for him to get beat up both mentally and physically and possibly injured.

deleted is offline   Reply With Quote