HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Habs-pens

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2010, 12:34 AM
Next Best Thing*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
They were easier to beat because Fleury was absolute garbage (and they weren't easier...I watched both series). Despite Fleury stinking the joint up, having no secondary scoring, along with Malkin and Crosby not producing, for the first time ever, at the same time, the series still went to 7. Change one of those factors and the Pens are moving on.

Pot meet kettle...
Face it your D got owned by our quick skaters and snipers like Cammalleri and Gionta, and your offense got completely shut down by Gill-Gorges, Subban and Halak.

And I've read all the pens GDT's even your own fans admitted those goals weren't on Fleury.

Easiest series out of the 3 by FAR.

Old
10-02-2010, 12:50 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Iron Proficient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Face it your D got owned by our quick skaters and snipers like Cammalleri and Gionta, and your offense got completely shut down by Gill-Gorges, Subban and Halak.

And I've read all the pens GDT's even your own fans admitted those goals weren't on Fleury.

I guess when your team only makes it past the 2nd round once a decade, you've got to savour your series victories even when you don't actually win anything.

Best of luck this year. The Pens won't be worn down from consecutive Finals runs this time around.

Old
10-02-2010, 12:53 AM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinsane View Post
I'm ready to build a trade if Despres or Letang is involved. I'm ready to put Andrei K and someone like Mathieu Carle. Pens have many forward for top-pairing d-men. They can look for Kaberle or Brent Burns.

What about: Andrei Kostitsyn, Mathieu Carle, Alexei Yemelin rights plus a pick for Tangradi and Despres? Pens fans can you imagine AK46-Crosby on the same line?
Oh wow...

Quote:

They were on Fleury. The fans that don't admit that they were on Flower are in denial. That was some of the worst goaltending I have seen in a while, and I've been watching hockey for 20 years. Factor in the soft defense and just a team that was drained overall, and you sort of got the luck of the draw.

Halak won you that series, along with some incredibly opportunistic hockey. It's something that comes when a team is hot. We saw the real Canadiens against Philly when Halak came back to earth...quick work

Old
10-02-2010, 01:12 AM
Lario Melieux*

Quote:

Switch goalies that series and the Pens win in 6. Tops.

Old
10-02-2010, 01:38 AM
Coach John McGuirk
ヽ(。_)ノ

Quote:

Milk that win for all it's worth, dude. The Carey Price fail boat is about to set sail for fail.

Old
10-02-2010, 10:10 AM
joeyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I'm a Habs fan and would LOVE this. But there isn't enough there to entice the Pens.

Mtl would need to offer Weber (who is the most NHL ready PM D they have in the sytem) as well as Maxwell and a pick to get the Pens to think about moving him.
this, we have to offer more for a realistic shot at simon

Old
10-02-2010, 10:30 AM
neofury*

Not trying to be a troll here but Pittsburgh series was a lot easier than the Washington series even inclusive of the fact that Markov was injured.

You guys lost to a team that has like a 40% win percentage when Markov isn't on the team and you fell short even worse then the caps did - it was clearly an easier series for us.

Now I've said it in many threads before I can see Pittsburgh winning the cup 2 times in the next 5 seasons, but honestly stop being a bunch of homers. We all know half of you are probably band wagoners who never watched a game in your lives before you got Crosby so honestly quit crying.

Old
10-02-2010, 11:08 AM
SkullSplitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
Well according to Pens fans, pretty much everyone in Pittburgh is untouchable right now.
Except Tyler Kennedy.

There's a reason for that though. The current thought is that the Pens have made a lot of additions and have a lot of young guys maybe ready to make the jump and that they should see how they do before making any changes. In camp there seems to be quite a logjam at forward, not so much at defense. Only thing I'd do would maybe be to pick up a number 6 guy for after Despres goes back to juniors.

Old
10-02-2010, 11:11 AM
SkullSplitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Not trying to be a troll here but Pittsburgh series was a lot easier than the Washington series even inclusive of the fact that Markov was injured.

You guys lost to a team that has like a 40% win percentage when Markov isn't on the team and you fell short even worse then the caps did - it was clearly an easier series for us.

Now I've said it in many threads before I can see Pittsburgh winning the cup 2 times in the next 5 seasons, but honestly stop being a bunch of homers. We all know half of you are probably band wagoners who never watched a game in your lives before you got Crosby so honestly quit crying.
Because the Pens are the same team right now that lost to the Habs.

at the bandwagoner comment. I'd say most of the Pens fans on this board know who Beech, Sivek, and Lupaschuk are, and thus most definitely not bandwagoners.

Old
10-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Iron Proficient

Quote:

Sorry, is this a thread about which 2010 playoff series was easier for the Habs? I was under the impression it was a trade thread.

You made it to the 3rd round and beat a tired championship team on the way. Congrats. May the memories of that series victory sustain 'til you make it to the ECF again in another 10 years.

Now onto the subject at hand...our team's been as successful as any in the league for the past 3 years, and we don't feel like trading arguably our best prospect for Montreal's pipeline dross.

Good day.

Old
10-02-2010, 11:26 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
I guess when your team only makes it past the 2nd round once a decade, you've got to savour your series victories even when you don't actually win anything.

Best of luck this year. The Pens won't be worn down from consecutive Finals runs this time around.
Sorry that our fans and management have more pride than to accept tanking on purpose to become competitive.

Isn't that 0 for 2 against the Habs in the playoffs despite being heavily favoured both times? Nice...

Old
10-02-2010, 11:29 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Sorry that our fans and management have more pride than to accept tanking on purpose to become competitive.

Old
10-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Lario Melieux*

Quote:

Uhhh, I say you are.

I've been watching hockey longer than (<--note correct usage) a lot of people on this board have been alive. And I say Montreal overachieved last playoffs. They got out-shot every game, but because their team (Halak) was playing waaaaayyyyy above its usual level, they managed to squeak out a 7 game series against the defending champs. Lucky break for the Habs.

Fast forward to this year, you're now stuck with Carey Price yet the same, mediocre team on the ice. So actually, I can't blame you. It'll probably be a little while before the Habs become relevant again, so I guess you have to get your shots in while you can.

Old
10-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Iron Proficient

Quote:

Isn't that 0 for 2 against the Habs in the playoffs despite being heavily favoured both times? Nice...
When it starts creeping up on 2 decades since you've won a championship, and you only make it past the 2nd round once every 10 years, your record against a particular opponent becomes the benchmark for your success.

When you've been to 2 Finals in the past 3 years, it really couldn't be any more inconsequential. You're just disappointed when you don't win the whole thing.

But back to the trade thread...

Old
10-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lario Melieux View Post
Uhhh, I say you are.

I've been watching hockey longer than (<--note correct usage) a lot of people on this board have been alive. And I say Montreal overachieved last playoffs. They got out-shot every game, but because their team (Halak) was playing waaaaayyyyy above its usual level, they managed to squeak out a 7 game series against the defending champs. Lucky break for the Habs.
Halak played well, no doubt, but despite the high shot totals, the Pens made it easy for the Habs defense and Halak. For whatever reason, they insisted on playing a dipsy doodle perimeter game and did not create alot of traffic in front of Halak. Most NHL goalies will get great save percentage totals when a team is playing like the Pens did. Sure you get obscene shot total advantages, but you end up will lower percentage shots and walla, lose a series against a lower seeded team.

Philly, on the other hand, created that traffic in front of Halak and in turn, Halak's save percentage stats took a huge dip in the series against the Flyers and Halak looked human.

Old
10-02-2010, 12:30 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
When it starts creeping up on 2 decades since you've won a championship, and you only make it past the 2nd round once every 10 years, your record against a particular opponent becomes the benchmark for your success.

When you've been to 2 Finals in the past 3 years, it really couldn't be any more inconsequential. You're just disappointed when you don't win the whole thing.

But back to the trade thread...
Actually we have 24 benchmarks for our success. 10 of which happened since your teams inaugurate season. Nice try though.

Great that your teams success comes from three players acquired from being the absolute mockery of the league.

But of course you're just bitter from being beat by the worst team that made the playoffs last year.

Old
10-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Lario Melieux*

Quote:
Actually we have 24 benchmarks for our success. 10 of which happened since your teams inaugurate season. Nice try though.

Great that your teams success comes from three players acquired from being the absolute mockery of the league.

But of course you're just bitter from being beat by the worst team that made the playoffs last year.
Hold on to your history (the majority of which happening when most Hab fanboys weren't even alive). It'll lessen the pain of your current-day mediocre team.

Old
10-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Luigi Lemieux

Poor form habs fans. I've noticed any thread with you guys devolves into a completely unrelated pissing match and the number '24' pops up at least once. Get over it, this proposal was horrible.

Old
10-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Iron Proficient

Quote:

Actually, I didn't say anything about that. Reflection must be reflexive for you.

But if you want to continue this wonderful conversation, feel free to start a thread on the NHL board about it, because the circumstances of the Pens and Habs playoff fortunes has nothing to do with this thread.

Old
10-02-2010, 01:03 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Watch the series again, Pens were easier to beat than Washington, and Montreal dominated most of the games.
Wow. I think you need to take off your homer glasses. Without Halak playing out of his mind I doubt they even take 6 games.

As for the proposal we don't your garbage for our best prospect. Every Canadien team thinks their prospects are the best prosopects.

Old
10-02-2010, 01:07 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:

Your team hasn't won anything in 17 years. We don't want your garbage prospects.

Old
10-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Wow. Out of curiosity: Historically, what fan bases do the Habs and Pens either get along with.

Old
10-02-2010, 01:41 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Wow. Out of curiosity: Historically, what fan bases do the Habs and Pens either get along with.
No fan base once playoffs come around.

BTW please lock this dumb thread mods.

Old
10-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Iron Proficient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
About as many as the Flyers.

Old
10-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
About as many as the Flyers.
Cool. Is that supposed to tell me something, or was it just meant to start a pissing match?

I didn't ask how many, I asked if there were any in particular that you got along well with.

Closed Thread