HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2010 NFL Thread (All Jets, Giants and General NFL talk here) pt. II

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
We were gifted a win the same way we gifted the Titans a win- penalty after penalty after penalty that should've resulted in the Lions winning by 7 at the least. Consider it however you want, but I don't like wins where the only reason we won were because of some of the penalties the lions took. That drive in the red zone in the 3rd quarter (i think it was 3rd..not entirely sure) sticks out in my mind. Yes, i'll absolutely take the W, but we shouldn't have to rely on them doing stupid **** like that and keeping us in TD range.

We didn't gift them points with our terrible special teams- that's just our special teams being terrible. That's like saying "we gifted them a touchdown because Calvin Johnson ran wild on a drive."
I disagree with this on so many levels. I'll take a win where we dominate a team defensively any day of the week. We got lucky that our special teams didn't continue to suck completely after the 3rd quarter.

Dodge is getting better game in, game out. He won't drop a ball like that again (that was a FREE 7 points).

The entire reason that game was even close was because of the special teams coverage. Our OL played great after the 1st quarter. The defense was great all night. Offense was great for the most part.

We aren't going to miss out on playoffs or such due to special teams. Not with the coaching Fewell is giving us on the D side and how well the offense is starting to gel. Special teams will be a big hindrance for going further, but I have confidence that it won't suck this bad all year.

Old
10-17-2010, 07:02 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

BTW, this game wasn't a reverse of the Titans game at all. To insinuate that is to insinuate that the Lions dominated us (simply laughable) and that they gave the game away (again -- laughable).

Old
10-17-2010, 07:09 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Top 4 is probably Indy, Jets, Giants, Steelers

No real order.
Um id say NYJ & Pit are top 2 seem consistently good

Then Bal, Ind, NE would be next tier. GB(if they were healthy)

I'd have NYG in the next tier w/ about 1/3 of league prolly-MN, atl, phi, NO, KC, hou, Mia, TN

The league is just terribly inconsistent & a lot of the wins/losses seem to be when u catch a team. We'll start seeing teams separate themselves now maybe but it seems the entire NFC could be around 8-8 & whoever stays fairly healthy late can get hot

Old
10-17-2010, 07:10 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Who said that I said it was a reverse of the Titans game? I compared it to that game because of the amount of stupid penalties we commited in that game. It's absolutely obvious that that drive that they renewed our downs in the red zone was a HUUUUUUGE deciding factor in this game- all because of a dumb penalty we were able to get a TD.

We could have very easily lost by a touchdown- i'm not nearly as comfortable in this team as you seem to be.

Last edited by BlueshirtBlitz: 10-17-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old
10-17-2010, 07:11 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
I disagree with this on so many levels. I'll take a win where we dominate a team defensively any day of the week. We got lucky that our special teams didn't continue to suck completely after the 3rd quarter.

Dodge is getting better game in, game out. He won't drop a ball like that again (that was a FREE 7 points).

The entire reason that game was even close was because of the special teams coverage. Our OL played great after the 1st quarter. The defense was great all night. Offense was great for the most part.

We aren't going to miss out on playoffs or such due to special teams. Not with the coaching Fewell is giving us on the D side and how well the offense is starting to gel. Special teams will be a big hindrance for going further, but I have confidence that it won't suck this bad all year.
Not sure what makes you say that. He's done it twice already.

I agree with the rest. Sometimes you win ugly, and that's what this was. G-Men will be fine. They're not a great team but they're a definite playoff team.

Old
10-17-2010, 07:12 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGBleedBlueNYR View Post

I'd have NYG in the next tier w/ about 1/3 of league prolly-MN, atl, phi, NO, KC, hou, Mia, TN

The league is just terribly inconsistent & a lot of the wins/losses seem to be when u catch a team. We'll start seeing teams separate themselves now maybe but it seems the entire NFC could be around 8-8 & whoever stays fairly healthy late can get hot
I'd agree with this.

We're a good team, but no way in hell are we top 5 in the league.

Old
10-17-2010, 07:14 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

I do think we got a lot of fotunate plays vs det today - timely penalties & drops

But I think in watching the game most ppl would say nyg is clearly the better team. Det has a lot of heart but we had plenty of timely bad plays as well.

Our running game was dominating & Gillbride kept abandoning it once we crossed the 50. A competent OC wouldve gotten 40pts today no doubt in my mind

Old
10-17-2010, 07:14 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
****ing J-e-t-s Baby!
you better ****ing believe it.

Now, lets go get a damn snack

Old
10-17-2010, 07:16 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
I do think we got a lot of fotunate plays vs det today - timely penalties & drops

But I think in watching the game most ppl would say nyg is clearly the better team. Det has a lot of heart but we had plenty of timely bad plays as well.

Our running game was dominating & Gillbride kept abandoning it once we crossed the 50. A competent OC wouldve gotten 40pts today no doubt in my mind
I'm not arguing that at all, we did look like the better team for the majority of the game.

However, without any hypothetical circumstances (better OC, better STs, etc)...the Lions definitely could have won easily without the ridiculous penalty in the red zone.

Old
10-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Not sure what makes you say that. He's done it twice already.

I agree with the rest. Sometimes you win ugly, and that's what this was. G-Men will be fine. They're not a great team but they're a definite playoff team.
Because he's got the MJ glove now.

Old
10-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:

Don't see what a lot of these teams have done to be warranted above or around the Giants. Especially the bolded teams.

Old
10-17-2010, 07:24 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
I'm not arguing that at all, we did look like the better team for the majority of the game.

However, without any hypothetical circumstances (better OC, better STs, etc)...the Lions definitely could have won easily without the ridiculous penalty in the red zone.
Not having the penalty is hypothetical too?

I think as NYG fans the biggest thing is we ran powerful runs consistently vs a good dline

Nyg can beat any team in NFC, no doubt in my mind. Just gotta keep winning games & avoid injuries & hopefully the D keeps playing well & the O finds it's rythmn in January 4 a SB run. Just win our div games(4-2 or better) & we'll roll into the tourney.

There's also no doubt in my mind we will b very frustrating to watch this year : )

Old
10-17-2010, 07:26 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Not having the penalty is hypothetical too?

I think as NYG fans the biggest thing is we ran powerful runs consistently vs a good dline

Nyg can beat any team in NFC, no doubt in my mind. Just gotta keep winning games & avoid injuries & hopefully the D keeps playing well & the O finds it's rythmn in January 4 a SB run. Just win our div games(4-2 or better) & we'll roll into the tourney.

There's also no doubt in my mind we will b very frustrating to watch this year : )
In this situation, not having the penalty is the focus. If we had better special teams or a different OC the entire season would be different- i'm focusing solely on this game and that particular drive.

Old
10-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Giants have probably the best 3rd and long set in the league with the pass rushers up front, Boley at LB, and their 3 safeties and 3 corners.

We also seem to have shut down some of the league's best rushing attacks, which makes things a hell of a lot simpler for the entire defense.

Bradshaw's ball control, and our special-ed teams are my major concerns right now.

Old
10-17-2010, 07:34 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
Don't see what a lot of these teams have done to be warranted above or around the Giants. Especially the bolded teams.
NE has done well w/ their sched(better than I think nyg would do but who knows, my opinion)
GB is just battered right now I think theyd b really good if healthy(thought that was self explanatory w/ "if healthy")
KC has played well, D looked really good until 4th qtr today
Hou has played well bs tough teams except NYG
MN - just don't think they'll go away, played fairly well vs good teams w/o rice

Of that 3rd tier maybe NYG & NO should b 3rd tier & rest in 4th but all of those teams have had stinkers & good wins so I put em all together until they separate themselves

Old
10-17-2010, 07:41 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
In this situation, not having the penalty is the focus. If we had better special teams or a different OC the entire season would be different- i'm focusing solely on this game and that particular drive.
Not trying to start a pissing match but there are a lot of if this happened on that play in a game

IF stuper Mario ran his route to the sticks on 3rd down we get in victory formation before last drive

I get your point but IMO hypotheticals are just that & u can't really just focus on 1 play

Old
10-17-2010, 07:44 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Giants have probably the best 3rd and long set in the league with the pass rushers up front, Boley at LB, and their 3 safeties and 3 corners.

We also seem to have shut down some of the league's best rushing attacks, which makes things a hell of a lot simpler for the entire defense.

Bradshaw's ball control, and our special-ed teams are my major concerns right now.
The major thing we lack is a good blitzing DB IMO (on that set/situation)

If dodge can settle in punting id love 2 c him get a shot @ kicking off(deep KO's would help a TON)

Old
10-18-2010, 01:11 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Tynes told Dodge to wear the glove. He's done very well since telling off Tom Quinn (Tynes I mean). Dodge needs to tell this guy to **** off, too. **** you, Tom Quinn.

Old
10-18-2010, 01:19 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

The Giants D, and Jacobs + Bradshaw seem to have their swagger back. That alone will be enough to take us to the playoffs.

Old
10-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
NE has done well w/ their sched(better than I think nyg would do but who knows, my opinion)
GB is just battered right now I think theyd b really good if healthy(thought that was self explanatory w/ "if healthy")
KC has played well, D looked really good until 4th qtr today
Hou has played well bs tough teams except NYG
MN - just don't think they'll go away, played fairly well vs good teams w/o rice

Of that 3rd tier maybe NYG & NO should b 3rd tier & rest in 4th but all of those teams have had stinkers & good wins so I put em all together until they separate themselves
NE looks real shaky every time I see them. They are ripe for the picking right now, IMO.

GB is done and obviously shouldn't rank above the Giants currently. Zero justification for it.

KC is nothing special.

MN is almost done. Favre looks terrible.

JMO, but I want the Giants to get another shot against Indy. I think we beat them now that our defense is gelled and fully understanding Fewell's schemes. That game was a tough early season game that they just weren't ready for. Would love another shot against Tenn., also, since we dominated the **** out of that team.

Sucks that this team isn't 6-0 (at the very least, 5-1), but them's the breaks.

Old
10-20-2010, 09:36 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Mark Schlereth just went on an incredible rant regarding the illegal/devastating hit dispute. It had just as much to do with the League's ****** handling of former players and their medical needs (way to go, NFLPA showing unity!), but it was freaking great nonetheless.

It's just pain.
Old
10-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I don't want the Giants anywhere near Indy. They play well against running teams with average-to-below average QBs.

I'm looking at you, Jets.

In all seriousness, 6 of the last 10 games are divisional. Its gonna be a fight to the playoffs the whole way.

Old
10-20-2010, 09:45 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
The Giants D, and Jacobs + Bradshaw seem to have their swagger back. That alone will be enough to take us to the playoffs.
clearly im no giants fan...but i love wathcing bradshaw

to me he looks like he has no acceleration time...as soon as the ball is snapped he's already at full sprint

Old
10-20-2010, 10:01 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I don't want the Giants anywhere near Indy. They play well against running teams with average-to-below average QBs.

I'm looking at you, Jets.

In all seriousness, 6 of the last 10 games are divisional. Its gonna be a fight to the playoffs the whole way.
I do. I would bet they beat them in the 2nd match. The first match the defense was out of sync and not yet ready. This defense? I think they eat that running game for lunch and our secondary is more than able to handle the passing attack.

Old
10-20-2010, 10:05 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

The Giants cant handle a ticky tak Indy passing ofense because Boley is the only lineback that can cover the pass and when they moved Ross and Grant to the inside positions in a 4-1-6, they were way too succeptible to the run.

I hope we never have to play Indy again, just not a good match.

Closed Thread