HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tim Brent

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2004, 11:01 AM
RANGERDIEHARD

vCash: 500
Tim Brent

Tim Brent will re-enter the draft this year after failing to sign a deal with the Ducks. He had 67 points this year in the "O" , playing in just 53 games. In addition he was named Captain for the Candian World Junior Team. I think the Rangers should try to get him with 1 of their 6 second round picks.
Opinions????

Old
06-07-2004, 12:14 PM
Sather Hater

I agree, if he is available I wouldn't be opposed to picking him up in the second round.

Old
06-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Fletch

I know little about him other than...

he's somewhat smallish and his numbers don't exactly blow you away, nor have they improved substantially over the last few seasons. What have people said about him?

Old
06-07-2004, 12:35 PM
RANGERDIEHARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
he's somewhat smallish and his numbers don't exactly blow you away, nor have they improved substantially over the last few seasons. What have people said about him?
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=81607

Old
06-07-2004, 12:40 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Nice player, 3rd or 4th line potential at the most. I'd rather take my chance on guys who have higher upside. Sather wouldn't be interested anyway.

Old
06-07-2004, 03:28 PM
ish

Haven't been here in a while and I was actually looking to see if anyone was mentioning Brent. I'd love to grab him in the second round if we can. He seemed like a pretty crafty little guy in the WJC's. They talked him up as a great character guy and we can use as much of that as we can get.

Old
06-07-2004, 04:06 PM
pld459666

it never hurts to have talented players at your disposal

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=81623

I posted the link a few days ago, which means that I agree with the notion that we should take him with one of the 2nd rounders.

Old
06-07-2004, 04:43 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERDIEHARD
Tim Brent will re-enter the draft this year after failing to sign a deal with the Ducks. He had 67 points this year in the "O" , playing in just 53 games. In addition he was named Captain for the Candian World Junior Team. I think the Rangers should try to get him with 1 of their 6 second round picks.
Opinions????
To be honest, I probably wouldn't draft him unless he lasted into the late 3rd or 4th round. His season wasn't that impressive, in my opinion his skills suggest AHL scorer / NHL callup. There's a reason the Ducks weren't enthralled with him.

Old
06-07-2004, 05:17 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park #2
To be honest, I probably wouldn't draft him unless he lasted into the late 3rd or 4th round. His season wasn't that impressive, in my opinion his skills suggest AHL scorer / NHL callup. There's a reason the Ducks weren't enthralled with him.
No, he just wanted comparable money.

He is easily a 3rd line player at the NHL level. That I'll guarantee.

Have you ever watched him? He's improved with each year he's played. He's become more of a leader and an example on and off the ice. He has a lot of skills and the determination to go with it. I would be suprised to have him be more than a 3rd liner, but he will be a solid NHLer for years.

Old
06-07-2004, 05:48 PM
Prucha73

What is his current height and weight?

I never saw him play, but at his age I am not that impressed by his numbers and his size.

Old
06-07-2004, 07:29 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille

Have you ever watched him? He's improved with each year he's played. He's become more of a leader and an example on and off the ice. He has a lot of skills and the determination to go with it. I would be suprised to have him be more than a 3rd liner, but he will be a solid NHLer for years.
I have seen him, and I gave my opinion. We just disagree. I don't think he has the skills to be a solid NHL contributor.

Old
06-08-2004, 02:16 AM
in the hall

Quote:

for a 17 year old you sure claim to see a lot of these players, just curious how that is?

Old
06-08-2004, 03:13 PM
RANGERDIEHARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
What is his current height and weight?

I never saw him play, but at his age I am not that impressed by his numbers and his size.

He's listed as 6', 175 lbs

Old
06-14-2004, 02:57 PM
1chlfan

WJC program has him listed at 6' 187 lbs. You gotta figure he'll be about 195 for training camp next year...thats not bad.

Old
06-14-2004, 05:26 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:

Tim Brent is a tweener

Doesn't have the skill level to play on the top two lines and he's not big or tough enough or fast enough to be a quality 3rd/4th line guy.

The Rangers should pass on Brent

Old
06-15-2004, 03:46 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:

tim brent is likely to become one of those core players that have character, depth, and leadership that you build you team around (in the dressing room), a home grown leader

Closed Thread