HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

Prospects-Major Junior (CHL), NCAA, Europe

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2012, 02:28 PM
crazyhockeylover96

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
6.05 Think of it as asking a young girl the question. "I'm 6 foot.....and a half."

Old
09-21-2012, 03:12 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhockeylover96 View Post
6.05 Think of it as asking a young girl the question. "I'm 6 foot.....and a half."
Pretty sure he was 75 inches at the draft combine. 6'3".

09-21-2012, 04:32 PM
Rebranded Fan
naurutger's hero

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Pretty sure he was 75 inches at the draft combine. 6'3".
That is what I see: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/connor_murphy/

Old
09-22-2012, 12:52 AM
Chairman Maouth

vCash: 50
Coyotes prospects scroll has been updated.

edit: error in positions will be fixed shortly.

09-22-2012, 04:53 AM
OOEEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhockeylover96 View Post
No that's just how they write out the inches. Say if he was 6'10 it would be 6.10

Friday prospect updates:

Kale Kessy scored a goal for Medicine Hat but Marek Langhamer gave up 3 goals on 21 shots as Lethbridge won 4-2.

Justin Hache got the second assist on the tying goal with 2:16 left in the third and finished even in plus/minus as Cape Breton fell to Halifax in OT.

James Melindy picked up an assist and finished a -1 as Moncton got crushed by PEI 6-2.

Lucas Lessio didn't record any points in Oshawa's 4-2 loss.

Connor Murphy didn't get on the score sheet in Sarnia's 3-1 loss to Belleville and finished a -1.

And finally Andrew Fritsch picked up the primary assist on the OT game winner as Soo won 6-5 over the Plymouth Whalers.

Hope you guys enjoy/don't mind me doing these CHL updates. I'm trying to get more into juniors so I can track our kids as they make their way up, and it's distracting me from the lack of NHL haha

Old
09-22-2012, 08:17 AM
lanky

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOEEL View Post

Hope you guys enjoy/don't mind me doing these CHL updates. I'm trying to get more into juniors so I can track our kids as they make their way up, and it's distracting me from the lack of NHL haha
Please keep em coming.

Old
09-22-2012, 08:54 AM
Kaizen

I got to see Langhamer's game last night and 2 of the 3 goals he let in were pretty soft. He made some nice stops but hopefully the softies are not something he struggles with regularly.

Old
09-23-2012, 02:36 AM
OOEEL

Saturday updates:

Kale Kessy picked up his second goal, but also picked up 21 PIM(3 Minors, and a 5 minute/10 minute game misconduct for checking to the head), and Langhamer sat out as Medicine Hat beat Lethbridge 5-1

Andrew Fritsch was in the starting line up for the Greyhounds, but was held off the score sheet as Soo lost 3-2 to Windsor

BONUS: Highlights from Lessio's 2G 1A game on Thursday night

Last edited by OOEEL: 09-23-2012 at 03:01 AM.
Old
09-24-2012, 01:45 AM
OOEEL

Sunday updates:

Henrik Samuelsson picked up the primary assist on the second of Curtis Lazar's three goals as the Oil Kings cruised to a 6-2 win over Red Deer.

In our first game featuring Yotes prospects on opposite sides, James Melindy's Moncton Wildcats took on Justin Haché's Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. Neither defenseman recorded any points in the 5-4 shootout win for Moncton, Melindy finishing even and Haché finishing -2.

EDIT: Somehow I overlooked the Sarnia game. The Sting lost 3-2 in a shootout, but Connor Murphy finished a +2 with 0 points.

Last edited by OOEEL: 09-27-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old
09-24-2012, 06:38 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOEEL View Post
Sunday updates:

Henrik Samuelsson picked up the primary assist on the second of Curtis Lazar's three goals as the Oil Kings cruised to a 6-2 win over Red Deer.

In our first game featuring Yotes prospects on opposite sides, James Melindy's Moncton Wildcats took on Justin Haché's Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. Neither defenseman recorded any points in the 5-4 shootout win for Moncton, Melindy finishing even and Haché finishing -2.
Took in the Oil Kings game yesterday. Just as I was making a comment about Samuelsson's Taylor Pyattesque (invisible) performance he feathers a backhand pass to Lazar for a goal. Samelsson played at center yesterday and was less of a physical presence than the previous game when he was on wing. I actually though Oilers second rounder Moroz was more involved yesterday than Samuellson. His skating is a issue. Unless he improves I don't see him getting past the 3 rd line.

Old
09-24-2012, 05:54 PM
OOEEL

Thanks for the insight hbk. While I am enjoying bringing all these stats together into one thread I really don't get a feel for the shift by shift play.

Also, WHL announce Kale Kessy will be suspended for his check to the head minor. Length is yet to be determined. Ill update this when they announce that.

Old
09-27-2012, 12:51 AM
OOEEL

Oil Kings beat Lethbridge 3-0, outshooting their opponents 60-20. Henrik had a goal and an assist on another Curtis Lazar goal.

Justin Hache and James Melindy were both on the losing side in the Q as Hache and the Screaming Eagles fell 4-1 to Bathurst while James and Moncton lost 4-2 to St John's. Both were scoreless and finished -1 on the night.

Also, the WHL came down with it's ruling on Kale Kessy's suspension. The Medicine Hat Tigers forward will sit out the next 12 games for his check to the head major against Lethbridge on Saturday. The length is due to:

• The checking to the head penalty was for an elbow to the head of the opponent
• The opponent was injured on the play
• The player is a repeat offender

So yeah. I guess we know who'll take Raffi's spot in a few years

Old
09-29-2012, 07:29 AM
Chootoi

I got my first live look of the season at both Hache and Melindy last night as they played against each other. My notes:

- Hache looks smaller than I remember from last season. How do you call a guy that's 6'2" small but it's probably a bit deceiving cause the Eagles have a guy that's 6'6" on defence and a couple of 6'5" forwards as well. Even the goalie is 6'6". Hache played a lot of minutes - well over 30 I would say. He played well. He does a good job of getting sticks in the lanes of passes. He did have issues though with the speed of the Moncton forwards. A couple of times he got burned trying to close the gap. One time he had to take an interference penalty and did almost the same thing again but it went uncalled the second time. Both times were at the end of long shifts though so it's forgivable.

The Eagles also used him as the main point man on the powerplay. One thing I noticed is that he's very Gormley-esque back there. He doesn't just give pucks the hammertime just for the hell of it but rather picks his spot and gives a nice low wrister that's much more accurate. I'm not sure if that's something he picked up during his time with Gormley last year, but I thought it was noteworthy. He had an assist on the first goal.

- Melindy is wearing an A this year and you can see why. He's great at directing traffic at both ends. He kept probably 5 or 6 pucks in at the line on powerplays and broke up 2 dangerous 2 on 1s. Moncton has had a tough time on the powerplay so far this year so they had Melindy set up in front of the net on the PP to try something new. You could tell he was new to it as he spent a lot of that time parked really high, almost at the hash marks. When he did back right into the goalie though they got a lot of great chances and at least one goal resulted directly because of Melindy's screen. They scored 4 PP goals last night so it will be interesting to see if they continue with that strategy. He made a beauty cross ice pass through the neutral zone to the far side that allowed the winger to streak in for a goal. He should have had an assist but for whatever reason they gave it to his defense partner. Probably just a number mistake. They gave it to 4 instead of 43.

Good solid game from both of them.

Old
09-29-2012, 12:42 PM
FinHockey
Nuke the whales

Niklas Tikkinen had another assist today. He has played three games in the SM-liiga and had three assits. Not sure why he hasn't played more. Still haven't seen him play, I've missed every game he has been in.

Old
09-29-2012, 04:51 PM
OOEEL

Thanks Chootoi and FinHockey!

In the Dub, Henrik Samuelsson and the Oil Kings fell victim to Calgary for their first loss of the season, 4-1. According to Edmonton's twitter feed Henrik had a "glorious PP chance" in the 3rd but didn't convert. He finished without any points in the game.

Elsewhere, Marek Langhamer picked up his first win for Medicine Hat in relief of Dawson MacAuley. MacAuley gave up 3 goals in 6 shots in the first 5 minute before getting yanked. Marek bounced back from his poor first performance, stopping 25 of 26 shots as the Tigers came back from their early deficit to win 5-4 over Red Deer.

Chootoi gave a much better write up on the Cape Breton/Moncton game than I could so just scroll up to see how Haché and Melindy did.

Connor Murphy picked up his first assist of the year as Sarnia fell 4-3 to the Soo Greyhounds. Andrew Fritsch scored a goal for the winning side.

And finally Lucas Lessio picked up his 3rd goal of the season as Oshawa routed the Petes 5-1. Interesting fact? All four of Lessio's points have come against 4 men, with 3 power play goals, 1 power play assist, and a 4 on 4 goal. Kid just does wonders with the extra space on the ice apparently.

Old
09-29-2012, 09:39 PM
That

Connor Murphy has been incredible so far this season. He has improved significantly.

He's played a very solid defensive game and looked great with the puck. Murphy has shown very high hockey IQ. I'm very impressed. He's been Sarnia's best player along with Sarault. He's been fantastic on the PP, creating some great chances. I've been surprised by his decision making. That part of his game has improved immensely. He pinches at all the right times, reads plays perfectly, and he's also been physical. Mind you he doesn't go out of his to flatten people put when he goes in the corners, he's usually coming out with the puck. My only complaint is he's been a little undisciplined, but two of his minor penalties were weak calls. For someone who's 6'5" he's also a great skater and is deceptively fast. Needless to say I really his game and he's grown as a player greatly.

He also scored tonight. It was a beaut:

Old
09-29-2012, 10:42 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Jesus. What a freight train of a player. Wow. Color me very impressed by that goal. Exciting to see.

Old
09-29-2012, 11:26 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Jesus. What a freight train of a player. Wow. Color me very impressed by that goal. Exciting to see.
Exciting to see any hockey! Lol

Old
09-30-2012, 07:57 AM
FinHockey
Nuke the whales

Niklas Tikkinen is on Blues' roster today. Going to watch him play for the first time. Will report.

Old
09-30-2012, 09:18 AM
babblemoth
my heart and I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
Just browsing some CHL score sheets on opening night. Lessio got two goals and an assist in a 5-2 win. Samuelsson has a goal half-way through the game with a 3-2 lead.
A bit late - but Lessio scored a beauty in that game.

Direct link - Lessio goal

Old
09-30-2012, 09:34 AM
mitch27

That was a nice goal and everything, but he almost killed that player with that suicide pass...

Old
09-30-2012, 11:23 AM
FinHockey
Nuke the whales

I watched Blues' game today but didn't notice Tikkinen but apparently he played 18:38. His first two games he played only 16:20 and 14:48 but in the last two games he has played more than 18 minutes.

Old
09-30-2012, 04:59 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinHockey View Post
I watched Blues' game today but didn't notice Tikkinen but apparently he played 18:38. His first two games he played only 16:20 and 14:48 but in the last two games he has played more than 18 minutes.
Thank you for the updates. I really liked what I saw from him in the rookie camp. The skill level is undeniable and he has more skill than I've seen out of any later round Coyote draft picks in recent memory. Guess you can say he's the classic boom or bust prospect but I'm not sure I'm convinced of that. You're country always does an excellent job of teaching the defensive side of the game which is obviously very important for the Yotes. I guess top end I see someone like Enstrom and maybe a floor of someone like Schlemko. Still has a way to go development wise though to even get to that level. Long ways off.

Old
10-01-2012, 04:32 PM
OOEEL

Hey Fin is there any news on Alexander Ruuttu? Not sure if you're able to see anything from Jokerit or not.

Saturday updates:

Marek Langhamer got his second start and his second win as Medicine Hat won 5-1 over Regina. Marek made 20 saves in the win.

Justin Haché picked up an assist in his second straight game as Cape Breton fell to Halifax 3-2 in a shootout. Justin was a +1 on the night.

Connor Murphy's game was explained really fantastically by That a few posts up as he scored a really great goal in a 2-1 win for Sarnia over Owen Sound. Video of the goal's in the post as well, so go check it out.

Andrew Fritsch was held off the score sheet as the Greyhounds beat Saginaw 3-2 in overtime.

Lucas Lessio picked up an assist as Oshawa blew past Belleville 5-1.

Sunday updates:
Lessio continued to be a threat on the power play, picked up two more power play goals in a 7-4 beating of Brampton. Lucas' 5 goals puts him 3rd in the OHL behind his teammate Boone Jenner(7), and London's Seth Griffith(6). Oshawa has three players in the top 10 in scoring right now. Jenner leads with 12, Matt Petgrave has 8, and Lucas' 7 ties him for 8th.

Moncton had a rough night as they lost 5-1 to Saint John. James Melindy was a -4 on the night, though one of the four goals he was on the ice for was an empty netter.

Old
10-04-2012, 05:53 PM
OOEEL

Wednesday updates:

Marek Langhamer appeared to be cruising in their game against Victoria, up 3-0 with less than 5 minutes left to go in the second, but Victoria scored 2 at the end of the 2nd and one with less than two minutes left in the third. He then allowed the game-winner in OT. In all he made 26 of 30 saves and from the sounds of the Tigers' twitter account he made some good saves.

Justin Haché picked up assist on the power play as Cape Breton fell 5-2 to Rouyn-Noranda

Andrew Fritsch had a huge 3rd period for the Greyhounds as Soo came back from down 5-2 to win 6-5. Andrew had the first of three goals, and set up Nick Cousins for the third, winning goal.

Closed Thread