HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Fla-phi

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-02-2010, 06:30 PM
  #26
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,875
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Put Carle on the Florida roster, and he is a mediocre player. Certainly no wish to acquire him. We have Kulikov and Gudbranson + several other nice young prospects to go along with some solid NHL Dmen already.

Vokoun may be 34, he may be a UFA after this year ; but he's worth more than Matt Carle and trash.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 07:05 PM
  #27
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Put Carle on the Florida roster, and he is a mediocre player. Certainly no wish to acquire him. We have Kulikov and Gudbranson + several other nice young prospects to go along with some solid NHL Dmen already.

Vokoun may be 34, he may be a UFA after this year ; but he's worth more than Matt Carle and trash.
You have at least ONE other good defenseman, right? Put Carle with that guy. Also, Kevin Marshall is pretty well-regarded. Boucher is the only piece I would consider "trashy" there.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 07:28 PM
  #28
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,705
vCash: 500
Assuming our organization is smart enough to waive Walker (which they should do regardless of whether or not we trade for Vokoun) then I take that deal in a heartbeat. I don't have any faith in our GM to even trust him to waive Matt freaking Walker though.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 07:38 PM
  #29
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Coolburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,965
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
You have at least ONE other good defenseman, right? Put Carle with that guy. Also, Kevin Marshall is pretty well-regarded. Boucher is the only piece I would consider "trashy" there.
Seems that Carle is pretty similar to Keith Ballard who the Panthers just traded in the offseason. So my guess is that he wouldnt be very valuable to them, period. I dont know much about Marshall to be honest but really, where would he rank in the FL young d-men depth chart among Kulikov, Gudbranson, Ellerby, Robak, Petrovic and Garrison? At best, maybe ahead of Garrison but thats doubtful right now. Point being, that none of the pieces offered make sense for Florida.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 08:38 PM
  #30
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,326
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Seems that Carle is pretty similar to Keith Ballard who the Panthers just traded in the offseason. So my guess is that he wouldnt be very valuable to them, period. I dont know much about Marshall to be honest but really, where would he rank in the FL young d-men depth chart among Kulikov, Gudbranson, Ellerby, Robak, Petrovic and Garrison? At best, maybe ahead of Garrison but thats doubtful right now. Point being, that none of the pieces offered make sense for Florida.
I'd probably rank Marshall at about Ellerby's level.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 08:53 PM
  #31
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Coolburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,965
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
I'd probably rank Marshall at about Ellerby's level.
Ok but again, how does that help FL when they already have 4 guys right around Ellerby's level (besides him, its Garrison, Robak & Petrovic)? Do you really think they'd want Marshall when they have those other guys already?

Again, I havent seen Marshall at all but Ellerby looked pretty good this preseason. Even though he didnt make the squad, that may partially have to do with the guys already on defense and contracts. I would expect him to be a full time regular next season though and I think the org is thinking the same thing (just want him to go back to AHL and dominate). So unless Marshall would crack the lineup now, I dont see how he's at Ellerby's level.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 09:51 PM
  #32
seanerixon
Registered User
 
seanerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Collingswood, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to seanerixon Send a message via MSN to seanerixon Send a message via Yahoo to seanerixon Send a message via Skype™ to seanerixon
No thanks, no sense in taking Carle away from Prongs. I'm a fan of Marshall, even though he hasn't done anything still.. And Boosh still has game. With Bobs coming in too, I'd say our goalie situation is far better than last year. Tellings Bobs "you did great, you're being sent down to AHL.." doesn't exactly assist his confidence. If things look worse at deadline, I'd say this is a great deal. Right now though, I'd hold off. It's a fair trade though, I have nothing against it. This is just a personal thing, not speaking for anyone but me.. lol.


Last edited by seanerixon: 10-02-2010 at 11:01 PM.
seanerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 10:11 PM
  #33
alpine4life
Registered User
 
alpine4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
FORWARDS
Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Scott Hartnell ($4.200m)
Claude Giroux ($0.821m) / Jeff Carter ($5.000m) / Nikolai Zherdev ($2.000m)
James Van Riemsdyk ($1.654m) / Ville Leino ($0.800m) / Daniel Carcillo ($1.075m)
Ian Laperriere ($1.166m) / Blair Betts ($0.700m) / Darroll Powe ($0.725m)
/ Jody Shelley ($1.100m)

DEFENSEMEN
Braydon Coburn ($3.200m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)
Oskars Bartulis ($0.600m) / Sean O'Donnell ($1.300m)
Erik Gustafsson ($0.900m)

GOALTENDERS
Tomas Vokoun ($5.700m) /Michael Leighton ($1.550m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,997,263; BONUSES: $937,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $340,237

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 11:02 PM
  #34
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4life View Post
FORWARDS
Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Scott Hartnell ($4.200m)
Claude Giroux ($0.821m) / Jeff Carter ($5.000m) / Nikolai Zherdev ($2.000m)
James Van Riemsdyk ($1.654m) / Ville Leino ($0.800m) / Daniel Carcillo ($1.075m)
Ian Laperriere ($1.166m) / Blair Betts ($0.700m) / Darroll Powe ($0.725m)
/ Jody Shelley ($1.100m)

DEFENSEMEN
Braydon Coburn ($3.200m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)
Oskars Bartulis ($0.600m) / Sean O'Donnell ($1.300m)
Erik Gustafsson ($0.900m)

GOALTENDERS
Tomas Vokoun ($5.700m) /Michael Leighton ($1.550m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,997,263; BONUSES: $937,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $340,237
Lappy to IR. Put in Nodl probably.

That said, no thanks from my point of view. Not interested in spending $5.7m on any goaltender regardless of the goalie.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 12:04 AM
  #35
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,326
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Ok but again, how does that help FL when they already have 4 guys right around Ellerby's level (besides him, its Garrison, Robak & Petrovic)? Do you really think they'd want Marshall when they have those other guys already?

Again, I havent seen Marshall at all but Ellerby looked pretty good this preseason. Even though he didnt make the squad, that may partially have to do with the guys already on defense and contracts. I would expect him to be a full time regular next season though and I think the org is thinking the same thing (just want him to go back to AHL and dominate). So unless Marshall would crack the lineup now, I dont see how he's at Ellerby's level.
I was just answering your question about Marshall. In terms of talent, I'd put him at or maybe just a little bit below Ellerby. Whether or not the Panthers actually need him, you'd probably know better than me.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.