HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would It Be Rediculous To Make A "HFBoards Blackhawks Forum" Group On Facebook?

Old
10-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Cullksinikers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Olcyzk is a selfish blowhard.
Wow, he was nice to me, though.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 12:13 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
There's a lot more to broadcasting then knowing sports. Having a hockey background is a good start. Several years of college is another.

Eddie O is a dick. He's annoying to listen too and is one of the worst head coaches the NHL has seen in many moons.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
There's a lot more to broadcasting then knowing sports. Having a hockey background is a good start. Several years of college is another.
Eddie O is a dick. He's annoying to listen too and is one of the worst head coaches the NHL has seen in many moons.
You need:

-Detail
-Enthusiasm
-Pace
-Mentioning of key things

Also, I have a 5.0/5.0 GPA right now in my high school and have straight A's. So, I'm gunning for a scholarship.

Old
10-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Gardebut30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Do you know who John Wideman is? Well, if you don't, he's the Blackhawks radio play-by-play guy. On a Hawks fan trip to Vancouver in January, he stopped by at our hotel to meet with fans. I talked with him for close to 20 minutes about the Hawks and just the NHL and he told me that if I ever wanted to be an analyst like him I could do it. He said I could do it now and be one of the best. Ed Olczyk told me at an autograph signing that he was blown away with how much I knew along with Steve Konroyd at an airport in Vancouver who told me I should be in the booth with them. I really want to be a sports broadcaster and am researching and gaining as much sports knowledge as I can since I'm young and am more free than most people to learn about sports. I want to know as much about sports so I could do this someday. Hopefully, I'm headed in the right direction so far.
All the luck to you in what you're striving for, but I bold the parts I hope you don't take overly serious. In other words, careful with how you digest compliments, because repeating them to others can make you sound conceited.

Gardebut30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardebut30 View Post
All the luck to you in what you're striving for, but I bold the parts I hope you don't take overly serious. In other words, careful with how you digest compliments, because repeating them to others can make you sound conceited.
I'm as humble as possible. Most people know in my school know that I'm a sports whiz. My nickname is "Mobile ESPN" around the school. I am always asked sports questions. I took the comment that I could be one of the best with a grain of salt but, if I was an NHL announcer now, I'd do a decent job at it. I don't want to come across as being conceited, though. Cullksinikers is not a selfish person nor one that goes around gloatng.

Old
10-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Right now, I'm 15. I used to listen to all 41 home games in the regular season on the radio. I'd sit in my room for 2 and a half hours and listen to the game. Then, I'd watch all the road games. The days I remember were the ones where Steve Sullivan was the only reliable player on the ice. Shortly after that, I learned more about the game. To this day, I never miss a game. Maybe I am a young person on this board, but I contribute my fair share to this forum and the main board in my opinion. For my age, I'd like to think that I know quite a bit about the game if at least some of the things I post are reasonable or agreeable to die hard fans of my favorite team and others across the NHL. When I was little, I never watched cartoons, I watched ESPN. That's why I'm ahead of most people my age when it comes to sports knowledge. I do my research and know my statistics pretty damn well. I was into hockey and was a die hard fan. I could name every Hawks player and coach when I was 8 or 9. By watching all the games and having a dad that is a die hard who watched them win the 1961 Cup on WGN looking at his black and white TV, I got really into the Blackhawks. I am one of only a select group of kids in my high school who've been watching the Hawks for 5 or more years. Those kids watched almost every playoff game with my family and when we won the Cup this year in 2010, joined me by crying in happiness. So, that's proof that you can be into hockey and know and watch the game at a very young age. Yes, I never was really able to enjoy the 1990s. When the year 2000 came, I had just turned 5.
Same

No way I want to know peoples names of this board and vice versa

#### That

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
I'm as humble as possible. Most people know in my school know that I'm a sports whiz. My nickname is "Mobile ESPN" around the school. I am always asked sports questions. I took the comment that I could be one of the best with a grain of salt but, if I was an NHL announcer now, I'd do a decent job at it. I don't want to come across as being conceited, though. Cullksinikers is not a selfish person nor one that goes around gloatng.
Funny. I am Kind of know as a Hockey/Football guru too at my School

As for the 2nd Part, No way. BTW, Please dont talk 3rd Person ever again. Thanks

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 09:18 PM
BlackHawkeye*

As Bernstine would say:

Is this a bit?

BlackHawkeye* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 10:28 AM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 50
Quote:
I like how you adressed yourself in the third person.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote