HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preseason's over..cuts/lines for season opener

Old
10-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Too early to tell what this team will and won't be. Philly was a pretty good 8th seed last year and Edmonton wasn't too shabby in 2006. Let it happen.
The rangers are not anywhere near as good as the philly team last year.....philly was predicted as cup contenders before the year started and had a fluke season until the playoffs

The rangers have a slim chance of competing this year and i think most of us would rather see a young kid, whether its gilroy, sauer, mcd or vtank get the chance to grow into that position instead of eminger, considering some of them will likely be part of our core for years to come.

Honestly, if eminger starts tomm, i will be so pissed and the pre season that i thought turned out pretty good, will be a huge bust.

I dont hate eminger but i sure as hell will hate him if he ends up being our 6th instead of 7th d man

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Too early to tell what this team will and won't be. Philly was a pretty good 8th seed last year and Edmonton wasn't too shabby in 2006. Let it happen.
Its certainly not too early to make an educated guess.

Personally, my expectations are this team will battle all year to squeak into the playoffs and be ousted early. Thats what our roster/talent dictates right now.

But you have every right to push the thought that a small miracle can happen and this squad can be true contenders....Hey, ya never know.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 02:38 PM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

I don't know - this is one roster and one D-pairing on one night in October. I don't think it's a big deal.

I think the Rangers have the possibility of being competitive - sure, things have to fall into place but they aren't as outlandish as one might believe.

Let's just say the following things happen:

Frolov scores 30
Callahan scores 20
Dubinsky scores 25
Gaborik scores 42
Fedotenko pots 19
Stepan scores 19
Avery scores 14
EC scores 15
Boogaard scores 1. Kidding.
Prust pots 8.
Boyle nets 4
Prospal scores 15
Anisimov scores 15
Drury scores 15

MDZ scores 10
Staal scores 8
Gilroy nets 5
Girardi nets 5
Rozy scores 5
Sauer/Eminger/McD score 5

Sound reasonable? Anything way out of whack?

That's 279 goals and a big improvement over last year. If Lundqvist is Lundqvist, and the younger "D" improve over last year (Staal, Girardi, MDZ, Gilroy) and Rozy has a decent year, then I don't see what's so outlandish about being a bit of an optimist going into the season. What's the point of being a fan if you don't have hope? Didn't we learn anything last year from Montreal? Philadelphia? Will Pittsburgh and Caps beat us 8 out of every 10 7 game playoff series? Probably. Doesn't mean they will this year.

I look forward to hockey. At least I don't have to think about the Mets anymore.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 03:18 PM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

Quote:

Let's just say the following things happen:

Boogaard scores 1. Kidding.
i think it just might. he's Prust-powered! you saw what happened to Shelley last season

FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 03:19 PM
DM23BK30

If it's true, I don't agree with Torts' decision to dress Boogaard and Eminger over Kennedy and Sauer.

Kennedy is a hometown kid from Buffalo, for christ sakes. His family and friends will be all over the place. I mean, is he really that detrimental to the team if he skates on a wing over Boogaard?

And Eminger over Sauer just boggles my mind.

The Eminger-Gilroy pairing might be the worst defensive duo in the game right now, and they havent played a single game yet.

DM23BK30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 04:03 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Absolutely no reason why Eminger should be playing over Sauer. Hopefully that won't be the case. Not like you don't have a number of years of Eminger's career to know what to expect (hint: not much).

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 04:15 PM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
If it's true, I don't agree with Torts' decision to dress Boogaard and Eminger over Kennedy and Sauer.

Kennedy is a hometown kid from Buffalo, for christ sakes. His family and friends will be all over the place. I mean, is he really that detrimental to the team if he skates on a wing over Boogaard?

The Eminger-Gilroy pairing might be the worst defensive duo in the game right now, and they havent played a single game yet.
Kennedy was waived because, clearly, the coaching staff thought there were better players in front of him + Prospal & Drury on IR, so why would he bench someone now in favor of playing Kennedy? I like Kennedy, but he's a spare part on this squad. Torts also believes Boogaard can be more of a "real" hockey player which isn't going to improve on the bench.

I'd play Sauer, too, but it's not like he's that much of an asset yet. Eminger and/or Sauer are probably looking at 8-12 minutes TOI.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 04:16 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
For some reason, the fact that Gilroy is on this team and McDonagh or Valentenko isn't is making me HATE Gilroy. He sucks!!!!!!
I am with you I also do not care much for Gilroy or Eminger startiing. I guess they want to have some "experience" back there, but that's overrated in todays NHL -- enough experience exists with Girardi, Staal, Rosie -- for this team imo. Sauer and McD would be a fine "3rd" pairing for this franchise and not stunt development.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
I am with you I also do not care much for Gilroy or Eminger startiing. I guess they want to have some "experience" back there, but that's overrated in todays NHL -- enough experience exists with Girardi, Staal, Rosie -- for this team imo. Sauer and McD would be a fine "3rd" pairing for this franchise and not stunt development.
I dont think experience is overrated, persay. Its still an important and necessary part of the game.

The issue here is that the "experience" has an NHL resume that is incredibly unremarkable. He was traded for Aaron Voros for goodness sakes. Hes the prototypical defenseman that you put up in the press box almost every night.

But the worst part is that hes blocking a good prospect thats paid his dues and earned his spot in the NHL, and I cant for the life of me figure out why.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 05:37 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post

I'd rather see Kennedy than Boogey because its Buffalo, which is both Kennedy's home town and a team that doesn't have a tremendous physical presence. Boogey has done pretty much nothing to impress me at this point. All that he's shown is that he's a poor decision maker and that he's really easy to get away from fighting. Kennedy always has energy and is, I think, a better bottom 6 player in terms of ability to actually play the game.

However, putting Boogey in instead of Kennedy is debatable. Putting Eminger over Sauer is not. Thats a terrible decision.

I just don't understand why they would give a young guy like Sauer a spot if he's going to be sitting and watching.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote