HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Frolov progress Update

Old
10-04-2010, 04:12 PM
The Judge

vCash: 500
Frolov progress Update

Hey Ranger fans!! I am curious to know how Frolov is doing with the Rangers so far. I am a Kings and a Frolov fan for quite some time. It would be great to find out how he is doing. Thanks!

The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

He has looked great so far, its only preseason but we are very excited. He seems to have good chemistry with Gaborik as well.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 05:00 PM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
Hey Ranger fans!! I am curious to know how Frolov is doing with the Rangers so far. I am a Kings and a Frolov fan for quite some time. It would be great to find out how he is doing. Thanks!
I love his game, he is a very smart player. Even better news regarding his success is that he and Gaborik seem to be on the same wavelength completely. I see a very nice season ahead for Alex

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 05:05 PM
SRTtoZ

Yep, hes looked great! Hes scored a few goals, and had a few assists as well. He hasnt played all that much but from what we saw, hes going to be huge for us this year.

SRTtoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 06:55 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTtoZ View Post
Yep, hes looked great! Hes scored a few goals, and had a few assists as well. He hasnt played all that much but from what we saw, hes going to be huge for us this year.
1 G, 4 A, in 4 games...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 08:13 PM
ogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
1 G, 4 A, in 4 games...
think he was using to the royal "few".

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 09:50 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Has been very solid. Been a fan of his since 03-04 and am thrilled that he's going to be here at least a year and hopefully longer if the $$$$ dictates.

55-60 points at worst.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

i wish it was a 2 year deal at least. i hope he doesnt leave the rangers. always liked his game and you know he is better defensively than i thought and when a skilled player backchecks that is a good thing

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 10:14 PM
The Judge

Thank you for the feedback everyone! I know you will be happy with him. I can see him scoring at least 30 goals which he has done in LA with us. But with Gaborik he might score 42! But his defense, stealing puck from opponents and his puck possession skills are impeccable.

Good luck Fro!

Old
10-05-2010, 04:43 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
i wish it was a 2 year deal at least. i hope he doesnt leave the rangers. always liked his game and you know he is better defensively than i thought and when a skilled player backchecks that is a good thing
Worst case scenario is he doesn't work out or leaves for more $$$ then you have his salary plus Prospal's, White's, and Eminger's, and perhaps Fedotenkos which will hopefully be enough to sign Brad Richards and also help to give fair raises to Dubi/Cally/Anisimov.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 05:11 AM
BlueShirts702

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
Thank you for the feedback everyone! I know you will be happy with him. I can see him scoring at least 30 goals which he has done in LA with us. But with Gaborik he might score 42! But his defense, stealing puck from opponents and his puck possession skills are impeccable.

Good luck Fro!
There was a contingent here that thought they knew something about Fro because of his issues with the coaching staff in LA.

Those folks are in for a big surprise when Fro lights it up this year and does his thing while possessing the puck.

Can't wait for the season to start and for my bro Fro to light up the scoreboard.

BlueShirts702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 07:32 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShirts702 View Post
There was a contingent here that thought they knew something about Fro because of his issues with the coaching staff in LA.

Those folks are in for a big surprise when Fro lights it up this year and does his thing while possessing the puck.

Can't wait for the season to start and for my bro Fro to light up the scoreboard.
i really hope you're right

i just dont know that it'll happen

the realist in me thinks he'll be at or just below his career averages...~20ish goals 30ish assists

history has shown that very few free agents come here and exceed their averages...the closest was Gaborik i think and that was because of health

but so far so good! if he lights it up and we can retain him it will be a fantastic break for this team!

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Balej20*

Why did the Kings just let him walk away?

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 09:40 AM
The Judge

Quote:

Me too! LA will regret it privately. What you will like about him too is that he is not a whiner or goes to the media whining. He never did! LA management did. They put him mostly on the 3rd line sometimes 4th and they expect him to produce 40 goals! Oh well...

Moving forward... Because of Frolov I will cheer for the Rangers in the East! Good luck Frolov and the rest of you guys!

Old
10-05-2010, 09:48 AM
The Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Why did the Kings just let him walk away?
They had reason but not good ones. IMO, they just didn't like him for whatever reason- management wise. Like I said, they put him mostly on the 3rd line last year and they expected him to produce 40 goals in a matter of speaking. He was labeled lazy, loafing - LOAFER. But he is not a bit. His stride makes him look like lazy. My beef was when he makes a mistake he gets ripped so much to the extent management goes uses the media for that. I am fine with that if you do the same to other players as well like Kopitar who gets paid $6.8 million or Dustin Brown who is the Captain which I believe should have higher accountability to the team. Hope that helps shed some history and light about Frolov.

EDIT: By the way, LA fans who agreed with management did not have any respond to that.

Old
10-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Balej20*

So far he looks like a complete player (offensively and defensively speaking). He has already shown to be a fierce back checker. I'm very happy with him so far, especially for the price. I can't see him not putting up points playing on a line with one of the best players in the NHL.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Chazoulay

Can't wait to see him play on a regular basis, also go him in my keeper, should be exciting

Chazoulay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 03:37 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

If he plays all season like he did in preseason, he's going to have a BIG year and everyone are going to be asking why King's fans let him walk away. I think he's got something to prove and playing with Gabby, getting top line minutes in NY, he's going to do it.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Lone Ranger

Frolov looks like an excellent compliment to Gabby. He's a borderline first liner.

Lone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 12:03 AM
BlueShirts702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
Frolov looks like an excellent compliment to Gabby. He's a borderline first liner.
Borderline first line player? The guy is a legit first line hockey player. Watch and see.

BlueShirts702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 12:13 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Borderline first line player? The guy is a legit first line hockey player. Watch and see.

Depends on the team. On a Cup contender, he's a borderline first liner. On a middling or weaker team, he's a first liner easily.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 12:50 AM
shakenbake7

Who will be centering Frolov and Gaborik? I ask because I picked Frolov and Dubinsky in my pool this evening, and I'm crossing my fingers that the job is given to Dubinsky.

shakenbake7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 01:48 AM
DrZoidberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake7 View Post
Who will be centering Frolov and Gaborik? I ask because I picked Frolov and Dubinsky in my pool this evening, and I'm crossing my fingers that the job is given to Dubinsky.
Sorry, Dubi is playing LW this season. The job will be given to one of Christensen, Stepan and Anisimov. All three will probably center the first line at some point.

DrZoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote