HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tomorrow's Deadline Questions

Old
10-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Ke11y96

vCash: 500
Tomorrow's Deadline Questions

So I need some clarifications, tomorrow by 3pm every team must be under the cap, and have no more than 23 roster players. - This I understand however...
- Now waiver rules are that a player goes on waivers for 24 hours? If not claimed they have 30 days to report him to minors until then his cap hit still exists? Now if they pick up a player that puts them over the cap is the original player(s) merely demoted at the same time without waivers if it occurs in those 30 days?

- Secondly if the 24 hours are needed before a claim can be made why wouldn't have today been the last day to waive and move excess talent? I guess i'm confused can New Jersey for example waive Zuburus at 245, and consider themselves under the cap although we won't know who claims him till friday at noon?

-Lastly how did Sather create space if at noon tomorrow White and Kennedy weren't claimed, yet not sent to minors, don't their cap hits still exist?

Thanks!

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 07:47 PM
eco's bones

Not sure where Drury and Prospal (both out hurt) fit into the roster limitations.

A player can be reassigned anytime after he's waived--or not reassigned and apparently there is a 30 day or 10 game window or they have to go through waivers again if the team later decides they want to send them down.

From the perspective of a player it gives him a chance to stay in the NHL if another team takes him. If instead the player does go down to the minors he has to go back through (re-entry) waivers when (or if) he is recalled. It's basically a device for transferring players up and down and gives a player a chance to relocate to stay in the NHL. If a player passes through waivers but is not sent down--my gut would tell me he's not subject to re-entry waivers at all.

On the other technicalities you're going to have to rely on someone else because I'm not sure.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 07:47 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ke11y96 View Post
So I need some clarifications, tomorrow by 3pm every team must be under the cap, and have no more than 23 roster players. - This I understand however...
- Now waiver rules are that a player goes on waivers for 24 hours? If not claimed they have 30 days to report him to minors until then his cap hit still exists? Now if they pick up a player that puts them over the cap is the original player(s) merely demoted at the same time without waivers if it occurs in those 30 days?

- Secondly if the 24 hours are needed before a claim can be made why wouldn't have today been the last day to waive and move excess talent? I guess i'm confused can New Jersey for example waive Zuburus at 245, and consider themselves under the cap although we won't know who claims him till friday at noon?

-Lastly how did Sather create space if at noon tomorrow White and Kennedy weren't claimed, yet not sent to minors, don't their cap hits still exist?

Thanks!
I'm not an expert on the matter but for your last question, Sather can just send them to hartford tomorrow in time for the deadline.Also, in the case they werent sent down "in time" i dont see why kennedy would count against the cap if he is sent down at a later time, white on the other hand would count because he's 35+ (like i said im not an expert on the subject but i THINK this is how it would go down)

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
I'm not an expert on the matter but for your last question, Sather can just send them to hartford tomorrow in time for the deadline.Also, in the case they werent sent down "in time" i dont see why kennedy would count against the cap if he is sent down at a later time, white on the other hand would count because he's 35+ (like i said im not an expert on the subject but i THINK this is how it would go down)
White doesn't have a 35+ contract he was signed in 2007 to a four year contract so they can shed his cap hit as well.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 07:53 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
To be a +35 a player has to sign his current contract at age 35 or over. The current contract White is on was signed a few years ago and White is 35 now--so it's not a + 35 contract so his contract will not count against the Rangers cap if they assign him to Hartford.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 07:59 PM
DutchShamrock

If you are waived but not re-assigned, you are not subject to re-entry waivers to play in the NHL.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote