HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Roster moves

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-04-2010, 12:12 PM
  #1
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Roster moves

http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=539451
Assigned to Texas Stars (AHL):
D
Severin Blindenbacher
C Aaron Gagnon
D Philip Larsen
RW Tomas Vincour

From what i heard Larsen and Vincour were NHL ready.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:18 PM
  #2
MetalGodAOD
Moderator
Star Rangers
 
MetalGodAOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 11,714
vCash: 746
We kept all the players on one way contracts. How predictable.

Financial needs trumps prospects earning spots with their play. Ugh. Get this team sold!

MetalGodAOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  #3
txomisc
Registered User
 
txomisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=539451
Assigned to Texas Stars (AHL):
D
Severin Blindenbacher
C Aaron Gagnon
D Philip Larsen
RW Tomas Vincour

From what i heard Larsen and Vincour were NHL ready.
Actually Blindenbacher and Gagnon were the ones that seemed NHL ready. Gagnon will benefit the least from the AHL. This isnt a big surprise since we pretty much knew Dallas wasn't going to send any one-way contract players down.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 02:27 PM
  #4
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta
 
Faidh ar Rud Eigin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Transcendent
Country: Guernsey
Posts: 15,949
vCash: 500
If they could afford it, I'd have Woywitka gone and Blindenbacher up, I think he deserves would have got a roster spot if Dallas could have got rid of a one way D contract.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 02:33 PM
  #5
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,651
vCash: 27750
Trade Skrastins to the Rags.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 04:55 PM
  #6
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 14,675
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
We kept all the players on one way contracts. How predictable.

Financial needs trumps prospects earning spots with their play. Ugh. Get this team sold!
I think with Larsen and Vincour it was a case of doing what's best for the young players and their development. Vincour showed well but I would much rather he start the season trying to develop some chemistry with Roman in Austin. And Larsen just really needs to fill out. The force is strong with this one; no need to rush him.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 05:56 PM
  #7
Ogi1Kenobi
Registered User
 
Ogi1Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,190
vCash: 500
I'm actually glad they sent Larsen down. The kid was awesome in training camp, but so was Niskanen 3 years ago. There's no need to rush Larsen. He needs to build more muscle and adapt to NA style of hockey.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 05:56 PM
  #8
txomisc
Registered User
 
txomisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
Trade Skrastins to the Rags.
This is a good idea, imo. Skratins I just dont see him having a good year. Move his salary and bring up blindenbacher with woywitka still holding down the 7th spot. I think its pretty much guaranteed skrastins isnt on the roster after this season anyway.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 05:58 PM
  #9
txomisc
Registered User
 
txomisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I think with Larsen and Vincour it was a case of doing what's best for the young players and their development. Vincour showed well but I would much rather he start the season trying to develop some chemistry with Roman in Austin. And Larsen just really needs to fill out. The force is strong with this one; no need to rush him.
I wouldnt be surprised or disappointed if Larsen didnt make the team out of camp next season either.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 10:31 PM
  #10
Starsdude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,523
vCash: 500
Gagnon got hosed but that was because we foolishly resigned Barch and Peterson. Awaiting Larsen and Larsson

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 01:48 AM
  #11
Tobias
Registered User
 
Tobias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 1,514
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogi1Kenobi View Post
I'm actually glad they sent Larsen down. The kid was awesome in training camp, but so was Niskanen 3 years ago. There's no need to rush Larsen. He needs to build more muscle and adapt to NA style of hockey.
I agree. We already have one Danish player struggling(Bødker) because he was rushed. Nice to see Larsen getting the time he need.

Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 10:17 AM
  #12
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Maybe now that Ersberg is on waivers Dallas can move Raycroft...

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.