HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

What are you guys expecting of Toews this season?

Old
10-05-2010, 04:17 AM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 50
What are you guys expecting of Toews this season?

Hey, guys. I thought I'd see what Hawks fans are expecting out of their captain this season in terms of point production?

Me, after seeing his playoff performance, am expecting no less than PPG pace. I think this will be Toews' breakout season.

Thanks for the answers, guys.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
70 Points is enough if we have no bigger injuries.

I want a great Toews in the POs. A 2nd Conn Smythe would be better than 100+ points and a 2nd round exit.

Bubba88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 07:52 AM
JUICEY*

I think he will get 80-90 points. I'm guessing 83, with 34 goals.

JUICEY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 09:19 AM
salty justice

I'm guessing 80 points. He is capable of 100 but clearly elevates his play for big games. His playoff and Olympic performances make his regular season play look like he is coasting (relatively).

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
I'm guessing 80 points. He is capable of 100 but clearly elevates his play for big games. His playoff and Olympic performances make his regular season play look like he is coasting (relatively).
This post is perfect about Toews. So many Thornton and Sedin fans are going on and on about how overrated Toews is and their guys are getting 100+ points and Hart trophies, while Toews is't amped up to score 5 points against the Oilers in game 48 of the regular season..hes more worried about raising the stakes to a higher level come crunch time...plus when he's not scoring he's playing great defense.

I see their Hart and Art Ross and trump them with a Conn Smythe and Lord Stanley's mug.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Hawksfan12*

75-85 Pts.

The regular season doesnt and shouldnt mean much to him though. Big game guy. Clutch.

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Toews and even how the Hawks played at times last year, just show me that they don't really give a crap at times when it comes to the regular season. They're bored. It seems like when their's a gun to their head then all of a sudden they come to life when it really matters the most.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Badger36

Id agree that 80 points sounds about right. He's a great player when he wants to be, but he doesnt seem to have the desire to put in that kind of effort every game.
He seems like he keeps some of it in the tank for the big games.

Badger36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 04:02 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

38-41-79

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Teemu

80-85 points. Didn't even realize until looking at his stats right now that in the season + playoffs last year, he was over a PPG

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 07:33 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUICEY View Post
I think he will get 80-90 points. I'm guessing 83, with 34 goals.
Something like this.

What many non-Hawk fans are not taking into account is how anemic this team was on the PP last year. With the talent they had/have, it will be almost IMPOSSIBLE to replicate. I think Toews (and Kane alike) are good for an extra 5-10 points on the PP alone, and I wouldn't at all be surprised if it was more than that. As long as the team initiates the PP on the wings with guys like Hossa and Kane, they will collapse the PK and absolutely rake.

I also think this Kopy-Toews-Hossa line has some insane chemistry. While they probably won't score nearly as many points as the Heatley line, they will be infinitely better on overall impact. In other words, this will be one of the...if not the best 2-way line in the NHL. Many feel +/- rating is over-valued (I agree to an extent), but I think these guys will be near the top of the league in this category.

zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
Something like this.

What many non-Hawk fans are not taking into account is how anemic this team was on the PP last year. With the talent they had/have, it will be almost IMPOSSIBLE to replicate. I think Toews (and Kane alike) are good for an extra 5-10 points on the PP alone, and I wouldn't at all be surprised if it was more than that. As long as the team initiates the PP on the wings with guys like Hossa and Kane, they will collapse the PK and absolutely rake.

I also think this Kopy-Toews-Hossa line has some insane chemistry. While they probably won't score nearly as many points as the Heatley line, they will be infinitely better on overall impact. In other words, this will be one of the...if not the best 2-way line in the NHL. Many feel +/- rating is over-valued (I agree to an extent), but I think these guys will be near the top of the league in this category.
Yes

Great 2 way Line

Kopecky looks comfortable and confident offensively ever since the Olympics

Old
10-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Something like this.

I really don't trust Kopy up there. He hasn't shown the consistency to make me believe he'll stay. I think he'll get replaced midseason.

That being said, when Toews and Hossa get together, **** always goes down. Richard Daley could play on their wing and they'd still kill it. Remember last year, with the brief Sharp-Toews-Hossa experiment? It was like they were parting the Red Sea every time they hit the ice.

Plus, I like it better when Sharp and Kane play together, I've always found their chemistry better than Kane's and Toews'.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
I really don't trust Kopy up there. He hasn't shown the consistency to make me believe he'll stay. I think he'll get replaced midseason.

That being said, when Toews and Hossa get together, **** always goes down. Richard Daley could play on their wing and they'd still kill it. Remember last year, with the brief Sharp-Toews-Hossa experiment? It was like they were parting the Red Sea every time they hit the ice.

Plus, I like it better when Sharp and Kane play together, I've always found their chemistry better than Kane's and Toews'
Agree with Bolded

Of course Kopy wont stay with them, its Q

He always switches lines

Old
10-06-2010, 01:01 AM
Toews is a tank

I think he'll end up with 80-85 pts. Would love to see him break 100 to shutup some of the clowns on the main forum. "70 point grinder" my ass. At the same time, I think an 85 point Toews might be better for the team than a 100 point Toews.

Toews is a tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 10:36 AM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toews is a tank View Post
I think he'll end up with 80-85 pts. Would love to see him break 100 to shutup some of the clowns on the main forum. "70 point grinder" my ass. At the same time, I think an 85 point Toews might be better for the team than a 100 point Toews.
The key to the bolded part is playing within himself. I really don't think Toews can ever be a 100 point player without sacrificing some of the other things he does extremely well. If he can consistently put up 75-90 points, dominate in the dots, and give a solid 2 way performance I think we'd all be extremely happy with that.

zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Rahsan
****ING RIGHT!!!!

I expect 85 pts in the regular season and to be dominant when it matters...the playoffs.

Rahsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Suburbanbear

Quote:
The key to the bolded part is playing within himself. I really don't think Toews can ever be a 100 point player without sacrificing some of the other things he does extremely well. If he can consistently put up 75-90 points, dominate in the dots, and give a solid 2 way performance I think we'd all be extremely happy with that.
So the assumption then is that Hossa once again becomes a significant scoring threat like he was in Atlanta in 06 or Detroit in 09? Do we think he gets 40+ goals with Toews as his center?

Suburbanbear is offline   Reply With Quote