HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Can Quick move to Flyers or somewhere else this season?

Old
10-05-2010, 09:16 AM
sens4thecupthisyear

vCash: 500
Can Quick move to Flyers or somewhere else this season?

Do you think it's possible to see the Flyers make a move and try to get Quick instead of Leighton? For LA Jo Bernier is ready to play in the NHL and remember last spring, Quick wasn't very good in the playoff.

sens4thecupthisyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 09:17 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Yeah I would love Quick on the Flyers, but it would depend on the trade price

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 09:17 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens4thecupthisyear View Post
Do you think it's possible to see the Flyers make a move and try to get Quick instead of Leighton? For LA Jo Bernier is ready to play in the NHL and remember last spring, Quick wasn't very good in the playoff.
If the Flyers are going to move assets for a goalie, they're going to want one that plays well in the playoffs.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 09:19 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
The Kings aren't trading Quick this season.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 09:30 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens4thecupthisyear View Post
He maybe ready to play int he NHL but its far from a given thats hes ready to be the #1. And as far as Quick goes, he was worn out from playing 72 games because the staff didnt want to put in Ersberg to give him a break.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 09:34 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
I'd rather the Flyers just claim Ersberg off waivers

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Vitto79

Hartnell for Quick

Bernier will be the man soon enough in LA

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 09:44 AM
RBR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
I'd rather the Flyers just claim Ersberg off waivers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Hartnell for Quick

Bernier will be the man soon enough in LA

Quick is worth more than Hartnell and Ersberg is nowhere near Quick in terms of skill and value in trade. I don't think the Flyers would be satisfied with Ersberg.

In a trade the Kings would need a scorer who can hold his own line, not another grinding forward. Unfortunately, looking at the Flyers' roster, I don't a forward of this type that the Flyers would want to trade and the Kings would want to take on. I suspect DL isn't too enthusiastic about Briere.

RBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 09:52 AM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SJSharkie1 View Post
I suspect DL isn't too enthusiastic about Briere.
I can seen not liking a point per game playoff performer. I know he's expensive, the "overpayment" is so overstated it's a joke

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 09:59 AM
RBR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
I can seen not liking a point per game playoff performer. I know he's expensive, the "overpayment" is so overstated it's a joke
I'm just basing this on the way DL likes to build his teams. Briere isn't well-rounded enough for DL.

RBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 10:06 AM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SJSharkie1 View Post
I'm just basing this on the way DL likes to build his teams. Briere isn't well-rounded enough for DL.
That may be true, he's not very well rounded. However, it seems to me that most teams end up needing guys that are so consistent offensively that they have to abandon the hope that every player can play a two way game.

Old
10-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Yog S'loth

It's within the realm of possibility the Kings could trade Quick, but highly unlikely. He's on such an amazingly cap-friendly deal that Bernier would have to absolutely play out of his mind to allow the Kings to consider it. I don't see that happening this year.

Yog S'loth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 10:12 AM
glovesave42

I think Quick's value to the Kings is higher than what they can get in a trade. With both Quick and Bernier locked up for the next 3 years with cheap contracts (and considering the bust potential of goalies), there's no reason for the Kings to make a move unless some team massively overpays.

So simply put, won't happen

glovesave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 10:15 AM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave42 View Post
I think Quick's value to the Kings is higher than what they can get in a trade. With both Quick and Bernier locked up for the next 3 years with cheap contracts (and considering the bust potential of goalies), there's no reason for the Kings to make a move unless some team massively overpays.

Right now, but if Bernier takes over they're much better off trading him even though they'll have an excellent backup at a reasonable price. There are solid backups galore available on a regular basis. You'll get decent value and improve your team more by trading a cheap goalie who will start on another team than by having him as your backup.

Old
10-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave42 View Post

Exactly. Flyers want Quick, Kings will ask for one of Giroux, JVR or Carter and talks will end there.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 10:18 AM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Exactly. Flyers want Quick, Kings will ask for one of Giroux, JVR or Carter and talks will end there.
I would hope Lombardi would have the decency to not even ask for that.

Old
10-05-2010, 10:19 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
That may be true, he's not very well rounded. However, it seems to me that most teams end up needing guys that are so consistent offensively that they have to abandon the hope that every player can play a two way game.
If Briere was consistent it would be a different story.

Old
10-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Lol LA fans are just rediculous on this board.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 10:26 AM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
If Briere was consistent it would be a different story.
Not in the regular season, but he's been just about a point/game player in the playoffs every season since the lockout.

19pts in 18gms in 05-06
15pts in 16 gms in 06-07
16pts in 17gms in 07-08
4pts in 6gms in 08-09
30pts in 23gms in 09-10

Not many players are that consistent when it really matters.

Old
10-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Haik

Quote:
I would hope Lombardi would have the decency to not even ask for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post

Hey Lombardi has no reason to trade Quick and it's hilarious that Flyers fans think they can have him for peanuts.

Haik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
kingpest19

Quote:
Yeah we are. Notice he didnt say what I would ask for but rather what the Kings would ask for. DL isnt going to give Quick away for nothing.

Quote:
Not in the regular season, but he's been just about a point/game player in the playoffs every season since the lockout.

19pts in 18gms in 05-06
15pts in 16 gms in 06-07
16pts in 17gms in 07-08
4pts in 6gms in 08-09
30pts in 23gms in 09-10

Not many players are that consistent when it really matters.
Didnt realize that.

Old
Dave33
Still smiling

Quote:
Yes because saying that LA would want a ton in return, but wouldn't get it, is totally rIdiculous. Your post makes me think whatever fan base you belong to lacks reading comprehension and critical reasoning skills. Dumb generalizations are fun.

Dave33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 10:32 AM
onlyalad

The Kings can't trade Quick. That would leave them with only rookie goalies. If a trade were to happen it needed to happen before Ersberg was cut. Bernier has played 7 games in the NHL and is the Kings second most experienced goalie. As good as we all hope he is/will be the Kings can not trust that he can carry the team yet. Maybe at the trade deadline or even the All Star Break thing could change.

As far as the Quick in the playoffs last year I blame that on inexperience and overwork and a good Vancouver team. With, hopefully,the first two of those taken care of, I expect the Kings to do better against the third.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 10:33 AM
sabresfan129103

Quote:
he's not saying thet Quick is worth that kind of return he is simply saying that in order for the Kings to trade away Quick, it would have to be for a massive overpayment. That's why he said "and the talks would end there". Quick has a tremendous amount of value to the Kings.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 10:35 AM
glovesave42

Quote:
Right now, but if Bernier takes over they're much better off trading him even though they'll have an excellent backup at a reasonable price. There are solid backups galore available on a regular basis. You'll get decent value and improve your team more by trading a cheap goalie who will start on another team than by having him as your backup.
Let's look at is this way- Halak was traded for Eller and Schultz, which I would call one good prospect and one solid prospect. Quick probably won't even get that much, since he didn't have Halak's otherworldly playoff run. But even if he got a similar return from Philly, that would be something like two of Marshall/Marron/Lehtivuori/Nodl.

Now the question is- would that make the Kings better? I don't think so. Remember, the Kings are looking to compete this year (are we finally done with the rebuilding? I can't believe it!) Therefore, the Kings would need an NHL player that fills a need, probably a top 6 winger that can score. Do the Flyers have a spare one of those at a decent cap hit that they would give up for Quick? Don't think so.

And finally, Quick and Bernier are both very young, and as noted, signed for cheap. There's no rush for the Kings to deal either, they're better off holding to both for a few years until a guy like Zatkoff is ready to compete for the backup role, deal the backup at the time, rinse and repeat. That's the plan, now to see if it works...

glovesave42 is offline   Reply With Quote