HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Can Quick move to Flyers or somewhere else this season?

Old
10-05-2010, 10:36 AM
ELab2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik View Post
Hey Lombardi has no reason to trade Quick and it's hilarious that Flyers fans think they can have him for peanuts.
I don't think it's for peanuts, but JVR, Giroux, and Carter are way more than peanuts.

Hartnell coming off a good season is not peanuts (theoretically I'm saying; he sucked last year) and that's the only other name that's been mentioned in this thread. Briere is not peanuts. Carle or Coburn could be options again not peanuts.

Frankly, Philly doesn't have a lot between very good and peanuts. We've got a ton of peanuts, but no one has suggested any.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Hampe
The Hampster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
Yes because saying that LA would want a ton in return, but wouldn't get it, is totally rIdiculous. Your post makes me think whatever fan base you belong to lacks reading comprehension and critical reasoning skills. Dumb generalizations are fun.

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave42 View Post
Let's look at is this way- Halak was traded for Eller and Schultz, which I would call one good prospect and one solid prospect. Quick probably won't even get that much, since he didn't have Halak's otherworldly playoff run. But even if he got a similar return from Philly, that would be something like two of Marshall/Marron/Lehtivuori/Nodl.
Halak is a better goalie than Quick.

But Halak was an UFA. You are comparing apples and oranges.

I believe people dont realize Quick is 24 year old goalie who can handle +70 games a season already, together with a great cap hit. You can have a lot of fun with him, the next decade. Giroux whatever is ridiculous but please dont come up with scrubs like Nodl & co.

Frolov 6'3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 10:59 AM
seanlinden

Does nobody on these boards realize that Quick is infact the Kings #1 goalie right now? Not tandem, #1. It's like asking the Devils to trade Brodeur or the Hurricanes to trade Cam Ward.

Bernier would be much more available, and nobody should be prepared to make the Kings a better team for a goaltending prospect, regardless of AHL success.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Chad29Johnson

You make it sound like Quick is awful, just because you have a prospect make the NHL you don't dump your number 1 goalie... It's not like he is 38 years old he is 24 years old for crying out loud.

Chad29Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens4thecupthisyear View Post
Do you think it's possible to see the Flyers make a move and try to get Quick instead of Leighton? For LA Jo Bernier is ready to play in the NHL and remember last spring, Quick wasn't very good in the playoff.
Quick wasn't very good in the playoffs due to a couple of factors. Murray over played him by about 10-15 games last season. You can't expect a rookie goalie to play 72 games and not be worn down. Also add in the fact that his first child was born mid way through the season, and those are the 2 major factors why he wasn't very good in the playoffs.
I expect that to change this season, as Bernier will play 20+ games next season, keeping Quick fresh for the the playoffs.

Scottkmlps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Exactly. Flyers want Quick, Kings will ask for one of Giroux, JVR or Carter and talks will end there.
I doubt you can get any of those for Bernier let alone Quick. He is a good goalie but he's not some sort of superstar. Carter is already one of the best players in the game and Giroux is quickly rising while JVR is also a solid player and there is still way more upside to his game.

Not to mention goalies just are not worth that much.

Nasty Nazem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 01:52 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post

I believe people dont realize Quick is 24 year old goalie who can handle +70 games a season already, together with a great cap hit. You can have a lot of fun with him, the next decade. Giroux whatever is ridiculous but please dont come up with scrubs like Nodl & co.
I like Quick a lot, but I think his play in the playoffs would make you question if he can handle 70+ games in a season. Flyers and kings don't make good trading partners because the kings are missing top end talent up front, and nobody of that Ilk is available on the Flyers.

McNasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
I would hope Lombardi would have the decency to not even ask for that.
The Kings aren't knocking down the Flyers door to trade Quick. This has come up so many times on here and it always ends the same way. I'd be willing to be there is 0% chance Bernier or Quick are traded this season and maybe even next depending on how this season goes for each of them. Look at the long list of talented goalies in LA history and the current GM's philosophy of how to build team if you think otherwise.

Sure, the Flyers may want or need Quick but the Kings aren't giving him up. If the Flyers came calling, I as a fan would sure hope DL would be asking for the moon and I can almost assure you they would. If that ends the discussion, great. I think I'd rather have both Bernier/Quick on the Kings team than ANYONE on the Flyers. I'm not saying that as a knock on the Flyers players, they have plenty of excellent players. I'm a Kings fan who has watched way too many years of piss poor teams with piss poor goaltending and would cringe if either were traded any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Lol LA fans are just rediculous on this board.
Some may be but most of us realize the importance of both Quick and Bernier to this team. Jonathan Quick is much more important to the Kings this season than any of the players in question. It isn't until one of Bernier/Quick has made the other redundant that one will be traded. Considering Quick has played on full NHL season and Bernier is about to start his first as a backup, I don't we have crossed that bridge yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedermayer View Post
I think he was throwing it right back at him...

Buddy The Elf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Zal

In addition the Kings not trading Quick this year, they're likely done with trades. The last thing they'll do prior to Saturday's game is decide whether or not to keep all 5 of the remaining kids in LA.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Rabid Ranger
Imperiled Knight

I hope for the Kings sake Quick hasn't crapped his pants to the point that he's expendable and Bernier has to take over.

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedermayer View Post
Oh the ironies of a lack of reading comprehension...

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 03:52 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
I like Quick a lot, but I think his play in the playoffs would make you question if he can handle 70+ games in a season. Flyers and kings don't make good trading partners because the kings are missing top end talent up front, and nobody of that Ilk is available on the Flyers.
I think most goalies would
have been worn out after playing 70+ games in their first full season. You have to work guys into that kind kind of stamina.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 04:03 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
Or not give them that many games.

Goalies that won the Cup since the first lockout:

Niemi: 39 games
Fleury: 62 games
Osgood: 43 games
Giguere: 56 games
Ward: 28 games (admittedly got red-hot his season numbers were awful)
Khabibulin: 55 games
Brodeur: 73 games
Hasek: 65 games
Roy: 62 games
Brodeur: 72 games
Belfour: 61 games
Osgood: 64 games
Roy: 61 games

So unless you're Martin Brodeur who may or may not be the best goalie ever step on the ice, if you expect to go far you better make sure your goalie is fresh to do so. If not, you're wearing him out just to get there.

Quick won't play 72 games this year either. They wanted Quick to "prove" he can handle the load of a #1 goaltender, when in reality you shouldn't need your #1 goaltender to play 72 games. People talk about Luongo and Lundqvist getting worn out every year also.

And yeah, there's a bunch of 60-plus games in there, but there's a big difference between 10 extra nights off.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Flyerfan808

LA fans seem to want alot for an unproven goalie, I'd rather keep Bobrovsky.

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
lolwut?

Unproven? A 23 year old goaltender who has 60 wins in 2 seasons?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 06:37 PM
glovesave42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
I think it's been said about 5 times already (and that's just in this thread)... but no, we (Kings fans) don't want a single thing in a trade for Quick OR Bernier. We'd much rather keep both.

glovesave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 06:41 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
Yes because saying that LA would want a ton in return, but wouldn't get it, is totally rIdiculous. Your post makes me think whatever fan base you belong to lacks reading comprehension and critical reasoning skills. Dumb generalizations are fun.
That would be a dumb generalization. But thanks for the example!!!

(unless thats what you were trying to do and I completely missed it )

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Dave33
Still smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
That would be a dumb generalization. But thanks for the example!!!

(unless thats what you were trying to do and I completely missed it )
You did but no worries ;0

Dave33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 06:54 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
I don't think it's for peanuts, but JVR, Giroux, and Carter are way more than peanuts.

Hey dip-****, he said "JVR, Giroux OR Carter."

He's right, Dean won't take Philly's overpaid 2nd/3rd liners (i.e Hartnell, Briere etc.)

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 06:56 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Hey dip-****, he said "JVR, Giroux OR Carter."

He's right, Dean won't take Philly's overpaid 2nd/3rd liners (i.e Hartnell, Briere etc.)
Chill out, he wasn't referring to them as a package. Each one of them is easily more than the Flyers would be willing to deal for Quick.

LEIFey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 07:05 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Wow, allot of anger and really dumb posting, I like it!

So, the kings will keep quick, last season was his first full season, he is still a kid, he learned allot and if a team wanted him it would cost them more than they would want to part with to get him. Players like those mentioned in this thread is what it would cost to pry quick away from the kings and of course philly wouldn't pay so much to get him.

Next?

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 07:06 PM
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close

This thread is full of fail. Flyers fans and Kings fans overrate their players like crazy, seriously.

SeanVT395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Personally, I would imagine a deal surrounding Quick/Briere+ (decent prospect) is fair value. Would I pull the trigger? No, I am completely with the LA fans in their refusal to give up a potential one two tandem in goal however the fact some are disregarding a trade akin to the aforementioned as "garbage" or "laughable" are essentially words I would use to describe such posts. Briere, overpriced or not would be a solid addition to LA's firepower and is a playoff juggernaut. I wholeheartedly understand why LA would refuse such a trade. Demanding players such JVR, Giroux or Carter is simply ridiculous. If Montreal could not acquire them for Halak, LA has no chance in hell.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 07:14 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post

so? whats the problem? they're both fruits.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote