HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kennedy and White on Waivers (UPDATE: Both cleared)

Old
10-05-2010, 01:56 PM
HoosierDaddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Yes, let's continue to bash Chris Drury for the coaching staff's decision not to put him in situations that have been conducive to him scoring for most of his career.
Because he doesn't deserve it? Better players have shared that fate and were driven out of town, why not this overated, overpaid teflon Captain.

Stop making excuses for the guy already. How people aren't freakin out about him is beyond me. Is he a decent player? Yes, he is. Did he "lead" the Aves to the Cup? No! Ask #19 & 21. His next "clutch" goal in a game involving the Rangers (not against us) will be his first as a Ranger to my recollection.

HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I would rather have MCD or Valentenko here. But if the thought is to give those two time in the A while simultaneously seeing what they have in Gilroy, I have no problem with it.
This is exactly how I feel; Gilroy definitely deserves a 2nd year to see if he can pick up his defensive play while contributing offensively. He got bigger over the summer, and has looked better. Nothing wrong with McD and VTank being in the minors for a year, or maybe even just a half-year.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers44 View Post
Gaborik is probably our best passer, some of his passes are insane. He was a capain of Wild, so he got leadership.

Christensen has NONE of that, be belongs in some Swiss League.
You do realize that the Wild used to have a new captain every month, right. I believe that Brad Brown was there captain for a while.

Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Gaborik is probably our best passer, some of his passes are insane. He was a capain of Wild, so he got leadership.

I was referring to the games he played for us

and with this bolded comment....you sir have proven that your word is no longer worthy round these parts

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
Because he doesn't deserve it? Better players have shared that fate and were driven out of town, why not this overated, overpaid teflon Captain.

Stop making excuses for the guy already. How people aren't freakin out about him is beyond me. Is he a decent player? Yes, he is. Did he "lead" the Aves to the Cup? No! Ask #19 & 21. His next "clutch" goal (not against us) will be his first as a Ranger to my recollection.
People are freaking out. There isnt a post about a good play he made without 3 or 4 subsequent posts whining about his contract.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
I would rather have MCD or Valentenko here. But if the thought is to give those two time in the A while simultaneously seeing what they have in Gilroy, I have no problem with it.
Exactly. They really have a glut of young defenseman and it is only going to get worse/better in the coming years as Valentenko, McDonagh, Kundratek, McIlrath will be battling for spots left by Rozsival and maybe Gilroy as I don't see Staal, Girardi, MDZ or Sauer moving as they are now part of the core.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
IAMREALITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Given Slats's comments...

[Gross on Twitter]

...anyone else get the feeling that this was purely a function of who they speculated MIGHT be on waivers?

I don't know how the logistics of the whole thing works, but I imagine that in order to have a player pass through waivers on a given day you need to submit the paperwork prior to noon. But the league doesn't release which players have been waived UNTIL noon, all at once. So, the Rangers thinking that someone like perhaps Langenbrunner might get waived today, put the requisite salaries on waivers to clear the room to claim him in case when noon rolled around his name was there.

Now that Langenbrunner (or whomever else they might have thought would get put on waivers) was NOT one of the names that popped up, maybe White and Kenneday stay with the team after all... (assuming that they in turn don't get claimed).
Appears to be the case. Tomorrow's gonna be a flooded wire day it seems, with today so slow. This move is all about speculation. They're preparing themselves for a worthy snatch.

(did I just say they're preparing themselves for a worthy snatch?)

IAMREALITY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
ding ding ding we have a winner hahah stupid slats still has a for Souray hes a left defenceman (since our line up has 5 righties on D) once hes placed on reentry or..... we could trade for his services, i bet we're pushing hard for this.. should find out before first game
Souray hasn't been sent down yet. He won't be subject to re-entry until he is (assuming they then choose to bring him back up). And if he is placed on re-entry waivers, we would pick him up (assuming he's not claim by another team ahead of us) before we'd trade for him. Trading for him means giving up assets and taking on his full 5.4 mil cap hit. Claiming him on re-entry would mean giving up no assets and only taking on a 2.7 mil cap hit.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Rangers44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panfork View Post
I have highlighted all the things Marian Gaborik doesn't do.

Christensen makes good plays. He does have hockey smarts.

EDIT: Actually, Gaborik doesn't have an 'amazing' work ethic.
Quote:
You do realize that the Wild used to have a new captain every month, right. I believe that Brad Brown was there captain for a while.
I don't care, my point was Christensen and Gilroy suck, Kennedy is good. Sather is a moron.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:

Gaborik is not a great passer. He's above average. His specialty is clearly in his shot, there weren't too many times last year where I was wow'd by his passing ability. As for 'leadership' I haven't seen him do anything worthy of being a good leader for this team. I watched Gaborik in the Wild. He wasn't a particularly great leader, especially since he was seldomly on the ice.

Best passer on the team is clearly Del Zotto in my eyes. Blue line to blue line several times last year, directly on the tape.

...Or maybe it's Biron now.

Old
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

SportsnetSpec

Tambellini doesn't want to assign Souray to OKC tmw. That's re-entry waivers. Working feverishly on deal w/deadline for assignment looming.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
This is exactly how I feel; Gilroy definitely deserves a 2nd year to see if he can pick up his defensive play while contributing offensively. He got bigger over the summer, and has looked better. Nothing wrong with McD and VTank being in the minors for a year, or maybe even just a half-year.
I think my feelings about Gilroy have been pretty clear. That said, I can't see the harm of having him start the year here.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 02:00 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
Appears to be the case. Tomorrow's gonna be a flooded wire day it seems, with today so slow. This move is all about speculation. They're preparing themselves for a worthy snatch.

(did I just say they're preparing themselves for a worthy snatch?)

but in all seriousness yes tomorrow looks like it's gonna be a real busy day around the league

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 02:01 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Weise and MZA are happy. Kennedy... kinda puzzled now, because both the Sabres and Rangers took a pass. Granted, he wasn't impressive, but certainly a serviceable piece to put in the lineup. Makes me think they're clearing cap room for now or for the future.
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Updated the first post, according to Brooksie: "a deal for a Dman is likely in works".
Brooksie is a stones throw away from being downgraded to Eklund status.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Matteau Matteau

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
His next "clutch" goal in a game involving the Rangers (not against us) will be his first as a Ranger to my recollection.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqDHNG7AeRA

Christensen's move to get him the puck was arguably more impressive, but still, it's a clutch goal.

I like Drury but obviously he is overpaid. Wouldn't call myself his biggest fan.

Matteau Matteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
SportsnetSpec

Tambellini doesn't want to assign Souray to OKC tmw. That's re-entry waivers. Working feverishly on deal w/deadline for assignment looming.
I'm getting more and more nervous the longer this thread goes on. This is scary.

Old
10-05-2010, 02:02 PM
IAMREALITY

Quote:
Gaborik is not a great passer. He's above average. His specialty is clearly in his shot, there weren't too many times last year where I was wow'd by his passing ability.

Best passer on the team is clearly Del Zotto in my eyes. Blue line to blue line several times last year, directly on the tape.

Kinda on an off note, but for the last few seasons when I think back to the best passes that led to goals, know who made them? Avery.

Problem is his consistency chart looks much like my EKG during sudden death overtime in the playoffs...

Old
10-05-2010, 02:03 PM
IAMREALITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Agreed!

Brooksie is a stones throw away from being downgraded to Eklund status.
I tweeted that to him yesterday. Told him he's becoming the Eklund of beat writers. Just can't take him seriously anymore.

Old
10-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Rangers44*

Quote:
Gaborik is not a great passer. He's above average. His specialty is clearly in his shot, there weren't too many times last year where I was wow'd by his passing ability. As for 'leadership' I haven't seen him do anything worthy of being a good leader for this team. I watched Gaborik in the Wild. He wasn't a particularly great leader, especially since he was seldomly on the ice.

You must have missed many games last season. He is a fantastic passer.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 02:04 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

geez peeps. deep breaths...

just because we waived a guy who we acquired in a deal that sent patrick rismiller (since waived) and huggy bear (who will never play) to atl means exactly zero. the minute we aquired this guy i posted here that hell never play for us. he played in the preseason but thats it. hes done. too ineffective for top 9 and too expensive for a 4th line centerman.

and add to that kennedy- who buffalo cut ties with over 200k, and who gives us nothing more than some speed for the bottom 6 and we have a whole lot of nothing here.

these 2 guys were just not going to contribute this season. period.

neither of these guys help us address our current needs which now is to replace vinny prospals production. and thats a big problem.

if anything happens, it will be for a prospal replacement or a solid vet dman who can play 3rd pair minutes.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteau Matteau View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqDHNG7AeRA

Christensen's move to get him the puck was arguably more impressive, but still, it's a clutch goal.

I like Drury but obviously he is overpaid. Wouldn't call myself his biggest fan.
I like that you tackled both Christensen's set-up ability and Drury's ability in front of the net in one video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
Kinda on an off note, but for the last few seasons when I think back to the best passes that led to goals, know who made them? Avery.

Problem is his consistency chart looks much like my EKG during sudden death overtime in the playoffs...
Now that I think of it, Avery has shown some impressive passes. Impressive shots, too.

Old
10-05-2010, 02:05 PM
IAMREALITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
SportsnetSpec

Who would be stupid enough to deal for him?

For some weird ass reason, I actually trust Sather this year. He seems more focused than usual.

Old
10-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Cmox

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...e_waiver_wire/

Is this the most Sather has ever spoken to the media? Also last paragraph =

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 02:06 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
.............................is a moron.
hahaha only kidding, it was too easy!

but seriosully...EC has shown that he can be at least servicable with gaborik

we're in a rare situation where we have a plethora of 3rd line grinders and unfortunately, a hard working dude like kennedy didn't have a place here

and Gilroy has as much to do with that decision as i did

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 02:08 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post

Is this the most Sather has ever spoken to the media? Also last paragraph =
Quote:
“Say somebody’s got a cap problem and they put a real good player on waivers tomorrow, then we have the room to take a real good player,” Sather said. “Maybe in a different position, maybe you’re looking at a defenseman that could be there. Like somebody that can’t afford to keep him, then by opening up this space, we’d have room to absorb him. It’s just giving us a chance to do something like that, exercise an option.”

As a hypothetical example, Sather mentioned the Capitals’ Alex Ovechkin. Asked then whether that was tampering, Sather made it clear he was speaking hypothetically plus, “I’m not sure there’s tampering in this league anymore.”

Sather added the Rangers are fine cap-wise with or without Kennedy and/or White

theyre waiting on jersey, but so is 9-12 other teams.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote