HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The New and Improved Lounge Thread (Contains a list of OT sections)

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2010, 01:59 PM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
Brilliant, I like , I like!!!

OT: Anyone know where to get 2nd hand underwear in Montreal for under 2 dollars ?????

Old
10-05-2010, 02:02 PM
neofury*

Wow I must say it isn't that bad an idea. Then since you're a mod you just modify it and add any thread deemed worthy. I like the idea even though I like a Habs Lounge sub-forum even more, but I already understand this can't be done at present time.

PS: I like your idea about closing and not merging, this way people know for next time.

Last edited by neofury*: 10-05-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old
10-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post

OT: Anyone know where to get 2nd hand underwear in Montreal for under 2 dollars ?????

Send me your address and I'll mail you some. I hope you like boxers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Wow I must say it isn't that bad an idea. Then since you're a mod you just modify it and add any thread deemed worthy. I like the idea even though I like a Habs Lounge sub-forum even more, but I already understand this can't be done at present time.
Precisely, for example if posters want a sub thread here about cars. It takes two seconds for me to create a thread for them.

I would have liked to be able to go with the sub-forum Lounge as well. For now though, we tried to come up with an idea that would be best suited for everyone.

The only negative thing is since we couldn't create a sub forum. Every time someone posts in one of these sub threads, the thread they posted in will be bumped to the 1st page of our board.

The plus for that is when a poster asks a question. The thread will show up on the 1st page for everyone to see. One of the main complaints I received from posters was they didn't want to use the OT threads because their questions were buried.

The only thread that doesn't appear on the main board is this one. It stays here as a sticky thread.

Thanks, we hate merging threads just as much as you guys hate having your threads merged. By closing them and letting the posters know why and where to put their threads. Hopefully this will cut down on the mess that merging threads have caused.

Old
10-05-2010, 02:12 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Quote:

Skids or no skids?

Old
10-05-2010, 02:20 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Skids or no skids?
Hmm, depends on the design and tone.

Old
10-05-2010, 03:24 PM
dfk711*
The real #11

Good work H10H, I think this will help clear up a lot of the redundant threads on the board.

Old
10-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfk711 View Post
Good work H10H, I think this will help clear up a lot of the redundant threads on the board.
Thank you, but I can't take all the credit. A lot of posters stepped up and contributed many great ideas. Hopefully it helps, as I'm not sure what else can be done to improve things.

Old
10-05-2010, 04:17 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Anyone selling any guitar amps?

Old
10-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Anyone know the best place to buy ski poles? I really need a set, er... pair... er, whatever you buy them in...

Old
10-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:

I got some new underwear just yesterday. Well, new to me, anyway.

Old
10-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
If you didn't have it yesterday, but have it today, it's new.

Old
10-06-2010, 12:50 PM
habfan4

Quote:
You're welcome.

Old
10-07-2010, 12:16 AM
LyricalLyricist

Only potential issue is people not knowing there's the sub-categories in here. Not everyone is a seasoned HF vet unfortunately. I'm sure a solution to this will come after some time. It's better than before though.

Old
10-07-2010, 07:56 AM
neofury*

LOL @ 2nd hand underwear. It's really mean in retrospect but when I was a kid in school there was this one kid everyone teased because he had a temper problem and his mom was like a crackhead.

Anyways at some point word around school was that his mom shopped at this 2nd hand clothing store and people were saying he wears 2nd hand underwear LOL... was really weak but when you're a kid I guess you don't think about how your teasing effects other kids.

I know the guy still now a days he's over it lol, kind of mean when you think about it.

Old
10-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Only potential issue is people not knowing there's the sub-categories in here. Not everyone is a seasoned HF vet unfortunately. I'm sure a solution to this will come after some time. It's better than before though.
True, but even if we had 50 sticky threads, or better yet several sub-forums. There are still going to be posters who will not see them, or outright ignore them, and post their OT topic on the first page of our board.

Old
10-07-2010, 10:10 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
True, but even if we had 50 sticky threads, or better yet several sub-forums. There are still going to be posters who will not see them, or outright ignore them, and post their OT topic on the first page of our board.
Absolutely, just saying even those who would stick to the recommended plan might not even know about it. Hopefully most see it eventually.

Old
10-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
You're welcome.
The lace trim on the waistband is a bit faded, but silk lining is quite durable. And comfortable, I might add. If my ass were a hand, that underwear would fit me like a glove.

Old
10-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Absolutely, just saying even those who would stick to the recommended plan might not even know about it. Hopefully most see it eventually.
True, but with any change, you can expect that it will take awhile for everyone to know what is happening.

The one positive though is a couple of the old guys have found it (habfan4 and Gros Bill). So I'm confident that it's only a matter of time before some of the others find it as well.

Old
10-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
True, but with any change, you can expect that it will take awhile for everyone to know what is happening.

The one positive though is a couple of the old guys have found it (habfan4 and Gros Bill). So I'm confident that it's only a matter of time before some of the others find it as well.
You're trawling in dangerous waters, H10H. The preferred word is "venerable". And to be honest, although I like the changes you made, H10H, the smell of stale cigar smoke and spilled beer is a dead giveaway for some of the more venerable posters. "New and improved" indeed. What was it before, old and lousy?

Old
10-07-2010, 02:04 PM
neofury*

Maybe they could give people certain people (long time members) some kind of ability to do that for you? Seems the mods already have enough on their plate especially when big games are going on.

Kind of like how only certain people can make a GDT, kind of like that but where people can either move a thread or set it "to be moved" from point a to b, sort of like the report system but for moving threads. Technically they wouldn't be able move the threads themselves, just queue it in such a way that you would see a list:

Move Queue:

#1) OT: Where to find a good deal on a car? -----> Proper section
#2) OT: Where to find a good pair of ski poles? -----> Proper section
#3) Good bar to watch the game? -----> Proper section
#4) OT: Where to find a good bike in Montreal? -----> Wrong section
#5) Stupid pointless thread that should be deleted -----> delete

Then you just login, do a quick overview of the ones listed, click yes/no, then it clears up the easy ones for you and then the hard ones you still have to look at.

So technically the only power they have is to refer to mods of the section the necessary changes. I don't know if something like this can be implemented, if I thought it would help I would report the OP and detail out what I'm reporting it for, but I figure that would just make a huge mess for you to clean up.

Like I said though I've never setup my own forum or anything, don't know how stuff like this is implemented or if it's even possible, but food for though imo. Kind of like designated GDT people you could have designated cleaners

Should have mentioned that in my example 1-3 and 5 you could just authorize and #4 would be the one you would need to look into or cancel/change.

Sorry to triple post - just wanted to ask what happened to the poolers thread! I know my thread the other day was merged into it but I can't find it now and I figured you would want to list it here anyways.

Old
10-07-2010, 11:58 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
You're trawling in dangerous waters, H10H. The preferred word is "venerable". And to be honest, although I like the changes you made, H10H, the smell of stale cigar smoke and spilled beer is a dead giveaway for some of the more venerable posters. "New and improved" indeed. What was it before, old and lousy?
Haha, I actually meant that as a compliment. If respected posters like yourself and HF4 are in here, that's a good sign. Hopes his ass kissing worked.

I wouldn't say it was old and lousy. It just needed a quick coat of paint to spruce things up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Maybe they could give people certain people (long time members) some kind of ability to do that for you? Seems the mods already have enough on their plate especially when big games are going on.
The only way I could give a poster the ability to move threads would be to make them a moderator. I couldn't give them partial powers, without doing that.

Also as things are set up right now. It's not possible to have threads placed in a que.

Old
10-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Haha, I actually meant that as a compliment. If respected posters like yourself and HF4 are in here, that's a good sign. Hopes his ass kissing worked.

I wouldn't say it was old and lousy. It just needed a quick coat of paint to spruce things up a bit.
I like the new leather armchairs, but where's the scotch? Oops, only 10 AM. I meant, where's the rum?

Old
10-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I like the new leather armchairs, but where's the scotch? Oops, only 10 AM. I meant, where's the rum?
I'm having a few problems with the suppliers. I was hoping if I passed their names on to you and HF4, you guys could help me with the "situation".

Old
10-08-2010, 10:29 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
I'm having a few problems with the suppliers. I was hoping if I passed their names on to you and HF4, you guys could help me with the "situation".
Although there's still plenty of room in my back yard, I'd ask Darz if I were you. He never pays retail for his booze.

Old
10-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Although there's still plenty of room in my back yard, I'd ask Darz if I were you. He never pays retail for his booze.
I never even though about Darz. He's definitely bound to have the connections we need to help us out here.

Closed Thread