HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The New and Improved Lounge Thread (Contains a list of OT sections)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-30-2011, 11:59 AM
  #551
shiram
Registered User
 
shiram's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Habstown
Country: Canada
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
Not to hijack OP's thread but I'd be interested in a job like this, what kind of companies do you contact for that?
I'd use services as monster/jobboom/workopolis.
They have nice site features where you can research the field you want to work in.
Or you just just search for technical support in montreal.

There are the bigs one as well, CGI/IBM as far as I know are always hiring.

shiram is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 12:04 PM
  #552
knuck
On and off fan
 
knuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,264
vCash: 500
I'll need to start looking for a job as well (I got a DEC in IT) but, because at ETS we have school all year long, I can only work at night and during the week ends so it's going to be tough to find something

knuck is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 12:18 PM
  #553
shiram
Registered User
 
shiram's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Habstown
Country: Canada
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuck View Post
I'll need to start looking for a job as well (I got a DEC in IT) but, because at ETS we have school all year long, I can only work at night and during the week ends so it's going to be tough to find something
There's alot of IT work for those times as well, as we have support centers in Montreal that work for all over the world.
Best of luck.

shiram is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 01:11 PM
  #554
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
We need someone to sort comics at my comic shop. We'll pay you in comic books.

overlords is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 01:17 PM
  #555
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
We need someone to sort comics at my comic shop. We'll pay you in comic books.
Hrmm, what would the monetary value of these comics be in per hour dollars?

neofury* is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 01:27 PM
  #556
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Hrmm, what would the monetary value of these comics be in per hour dollars?
10$/hour usually. Didn't know you were a comic fan neo.

overlords is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 01:33 PM
  #557
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
10$/hour usually. Didn't know you were a comic fan neo.
Haha not a huge fan but I know a nerd or two who'd possibly be interested, though he's worked at comic book places in the past ranging from 10-15$/hr. He's worked at 2-3 in the Montreal/surrounding areas where he's their ebay guy (buys/sells stuff on ebay for them)

If you're actually seriously looking for a quality employee to pay part time let me know. He's moving back to MTL in a week and will likely want a part or full time job. Not sure if you'd seriously be looking for somebody like that though, I know it must be easier to pay people in comic books. Funny thing is this guy has a ton of comics already, maybe he'd even consider such an offer depending on how many hours/etc.

PS: More of a Marvel fan in general than purely a comic book fan.

neofury* is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 01:39 PM
  #558
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
I'll pm you with details, neo.

As for the OP. Check out the eaton centre. Just don't apply at the quiznos. Trust me.

overlords is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 01:40 PM
  #559
VanNistelrooy
Registered User
 
VanNistelrooy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Habs Land
Posts: 2,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I'll pm you with details, neo.

As for the OP. Check out the eaton centre. Just don't apply at the quiznos. Trust me.
thanks man!

VanNistelrooy is online now  
Old
05-30-2011, 03:05 PM
  #560
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
As for the OP. Check out the eaton centre. Just don't apply at the quiznos. Trust me.
A friend of mine has worked at Quizno's at the Eaton Centre for a few years now (while going to school of course. He's also met a couple of Habs players there as well.

SB164 is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 03:06 PM
  #561
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
A friend of mine has worked at Quizno's at the Eaton Centre for a few years now (while going to school of course. He's also met a couple of Habs players there as well.
I've worked there as well, and there are some great stories I wouldn't even be allowed to share on this forum

overlords is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 03:10 PM
  #562
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
To be honest I'm surprised Quizno's is still around. I remember when they first came to the west island (I think it was the first in QC) I used to go there, it was more expensive than Subway/Dagwoods but about a million times better.

Then I guess they had some trouble competing after a while because they started to get cheap on the quality of their food. Cheese started to be worse quality, subs were ****tier, I remember they used to be known for giving good portions and they started to cheapen up on them, only ever been to one other Quizno's and it's the one that opened on St-Jean after the one on Des Sources and is now bankrupt. (Bad location imo for the St-Jean one)

Anyways the price remained the same but the quality went way down so I stopped going there. Might just be that location on Des Sources was having issues. Either way when you're right next door to a Subway/Dagwoods you can't afford to jerk people around on quality or price.

I've heard they've lowered their prices to match Subway/Dagwoods but to me the damage is done, I won't go there again and plus I only ever liked their subs when they were bigger and better than Subway. Is the Eaton's center one any good? When did they open it and can anyone confirm if the sandwiches are actually good? The one on Des Sources has really gone downhill.

neofury* is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 03:23 PM
  #563
Ceux de Montreal
help
 
Ceux de Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: omg montréal lolzzz
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,061
vCash: 500
Political degree in Sherbrooke? Have you contacted the NPD yet?

Ceux de Montreal is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 03:31 PM
  #564
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
To be honest I'm surprised Quizno's is still around. I remember when they first came to the west island (I think it was the first in QC) I used to go there, it was more expensive than Subway/Dagwoods but about a million times better.

Then I guess they had some trouble competing after a while because they started to get cheap on the quality of their food. Cheese started to be worse quality, subs were ****tier, I remember they used to be known for giving good portions and they started to cheapen up on them, only ever been to one other Quizno's and it's the one that opened on St-Jean after the one on Des Sources and is now bankrupt. (Bad location imo for the St-Jean one)

Anyways the price remained the same but the quality went way down so I stopped going there. Might just be that location on Des Sources was having issues. Either way when you're right next door to a Subway/Dagwoods you can't afford to jerk people around on quality or price.

I've heard they've lowered their prices to match Subway/Dagwoods but to me the damage is done, I won't go there again and plus I only ever liked their subs when they were bigger and better than Subway. Is the Eaton's center one any good? When did they open it and can anyone confirm if the sandwiches are actually good? The one on Des Sources has really gone downhill.
Their ingredients really were excellent back when I worked there. Nothing was better than taking a sandwich home after your shift was done. I'd do a 13 inch with primerib, black angus, mozzarella and cheddar, bit of the garlic stuff on the bread and bacon. Sprinkled some of that spicey stuff on it too. My heart thanked me for sure.

One thing I noticed they switched is that they went 100% bacon bits as opposed to having the bits and full slices. Cheap ass move IMO.

Anyway OP, you could expand your job search to the entire underground city, there's always someone hiring. Not too sure about futureshop/bestbuy. I'd hate working there, but if you happen to know jack **** about electronics, you probably meet the main pre-requisite for working there.

overlords is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 03:32 PM
  #565
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I'll pm you with details, neo.

As for the OP. Check out the eaton centre. Just don't apply at the quiznos. Trust me.
Wait!!! Should I still eat there? I go there all the time.

Andy is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 04:18 PM
  #566
Crystal Met
Registered User
 
Crystal Met's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
a lot of government desk jobs only ask any bachelor, so you could get something decent with your degree in political science. Maybe not a summer job but tell them you want a long term job and then gtfo when september comes lol..

Crystal Met is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 05:01 PM
  #567
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,176
vCash: 13357
Dammit, neo and especially you, overlords. I hate you both! Now I want a sub.

TC, I recommend to look around at government jobs if possible. They pay surprisingly well. Telemarketing are usually available in abundance if you can tolerate those.

Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 05:11 PM
  #568
The Russian General
Go Habs Go
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 12,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I've worked there as well, and there are some great stories I wouldn't even be allowed to share on this forum
When?

I worked at the BK and it seemed that your boss didn't like us a lot

The Russian General is online now  
Old
05-30-2011, 05:52 PM
  #569
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,282
vCash: 50
If you have a degree, why not aim a little higher? I'd rather get my foot in the door for a government job and do masters part time than go straight out for masters and have little relevant experience later on.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 06:05 PM
  #570
Bud2790
Registered User
 
Bud2790's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,860
vCash: 500
I don't eat subs often, but should I be going to Quiznos (it would be the one at the Eaton Centre)? I like Subway maybe once or twice a month, but yeah, is quiznos that much better?

Bud2790 is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 06:18 PM
  #571
Crystal Met
Registered User
 
Crystal Met's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2790 View Post
I don't eat subs often, but should I be going to Quiznos (it would be the one at the Eaton Centre)? I like Subway maybe once or twice a month, but yeah, is quiznos that much better?
idk, i was a big fan when they came in qc around 2005, but it does seem like they got cheaper on the portions...it's still better than subway, but also double the calories.

Crystal Met is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 08:22 PM
  #572
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I've worked there as well, and there are some great stories I wouldn't even be allowed to share on this forum
When did you work there?

SB164 is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 08:42 PM
  #573
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
Dammit, neo and especially you, overlords. I hate you both! Now I want a sub.

TC, I recommend to look around at government jobs if possible. They pay surprisingly well. Telemarketing are usually available in abundance if you can tolerate those.
Call centres are death. Avoid avoid avoid.


Op can also look into becoming a mod. We make sooooo much money. Lyricallyracist even got to retire early with all the bonuses he made.

overlords is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 08:43 PM
  #574
Bob Cole
Registered User
 
Bob Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Political degree in Sherbrooke? Have you contacted the NPD yet?
LOL thread winner

Bob Cole is offline  
Old
05-30-2011, 08:53 PM
  #575
Bud2790
Registered User
 
Bud2790's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Call centres are death. Avoid avoid avoid.


Op can also look into becoming a mod. We make sooooo much money. Lyricallyracist even got to retire early with all the bonuses he made.
Not enough to buy a 360

Bud2790 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.