HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Joel Armia - Ässät, SM-liiga

Old
08-19-2011, 07:43 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
Thanks for the update

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 03:35 AM
YARR123

vCash: 500
According to jatkoaika.com he was clearly the best player on the ice, at one time deking and totally embarassing Lukko defensmen. He was also more involved in the game, stripping the puck off of Lukko players on many occasions. Like Juzmo said, his skating looked good, and according to some posters on jatkoaika.com (who were there) his skating looked very good, and was able to use his speed to get away from defenders.

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 03:37 AM
JustinW

Thanks for the update. I think I made the right choice by drafting him in my keeper league.

JustinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 10:03 AM
ct2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
Been almost two months since the last update soooo...

Played his first practise match with the team and with his old linemates Aki Uusikartano and Tuomas Santavuori. Ässät won the 60 minute game against the lovely rival Lukko 5-1 and Joel scored a goal on the backhand after some deking and gave two nice assists.

What I got from all the reports I read from the people that saw that game it seems that he has continued to develop at a fast pace. Has gained weight, has improved his skating by a lot and looks like a more complete player (being more aggresive and making more plays for others). Deking like a motherdonger as usual and could have easily put a couple of pucks more in the net. Only thing he did screw up was his shootout goal in the end, but seems like was still clearly the man of the match.

Looking really good so far even though this one was just one practise game four weeks before the season will start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
According to jatkoaika.com he was clearly the best player on the ice, at one time deking and totally embarassing Lukko defensmen. He was also more involved in the game, stripping the puck off of Lukko players on many occasions. Like Juzmo said, his skating looked good, and according to some posters on jatkoaika.com (who were there) his skating looked very good, and was able to use his speed to get away from defenders.
Thanks for the updates. That's great to hear.

ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Juzmo
rip

vCash: 6969
Oh yeah and he was playing in another line too in that game since a player got hurt during the game.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Juzmo
rip

A goal and an assist against HPK in a practise match that Ässät won 5-3.

Old
09-07-2011, 08:57 AM
Juzmo
rip

A little story about Armia on MTV3:

Said that he won't really feel any extra preassure after the great season he just had, just keeps playing like he did last season and thinks it will likely work out.

When asked if this was his last season in SM-liiga for long time he just said that you never know with these things and just didn't know.

Was also asked if Buffalo has been in contact with him and answered that in Lake Placid there was a bit of discussion.

Edit. Nothing new or exciting, but atleast something.

Last edited by Juzmo: 09-07-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Old
09-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Juzmo
rip

Apparently he was sick about the last 10 days before the season started and only got to practise very little before the games started. A slow start and it isn't really a total shocker now. His linemates have also been pretty darn brutal in these two first games and very likely the other winger (Tuomas Santavuori) on the line will be benched in this Tuesday's match.

Old
09-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Juzmo
rip

Got an assist (on the only goal) and failed in the so. Also has played pretty physical in the first three games.

Still not playing as well as last season like many others from the team.

Old
09-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Juzmo
rip

Again an primary assist, now to the winning goal in a 3-1 win.

Nothing special again (not horrible, but not fantastic), same with almost everyone else except the goalie.

Old
09-23-2011, 01:41 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
Can Sabres fans overlook this slow start?

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 03:03 PM
Juzmo
rip

So yeah Armia carried the puck over to the offencive zone and tried some moves, but lost the puck to the Ässät-player behind him and he scored while Armia was making a bit of a screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ellis Problems View Post
Can Sabres fans overlook this slow start?
Well the team as a whole has been far from the level of last season and especially the powerplay is pathetic. Also the hard training and being sick over a week must have had some effect. Have just been 4 games, so I'd say you can overlook it.

Last edited by Juzmo: 09-23-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old
09-24-2011, 03:19 AM
FinHockey
KRH Master Race

vCash: 50
I agree that it's not just Armia who's not playing like year ago. I've watched a couple of Ässät games and the whole team has looked disinterested and lazy. IMO they look like they need Rautakallio.

FinHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 01:08 PM
Juzmo
rip

A really solid performance by him today even though he didn't get any points in the 6-2 win over HPK. If he continues being as energetic as today, the goals will come sooner rather than later.

Old
09-24-2011, 01:35 PM
ElHefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
A really solid performance by him today even though he didn't get any points in the 6-2 win over HPK. If he continues being as energetic as today, the goals will come sooner rather than later.
He really can't score anymore can he?

ElHefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Juzmo
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElHefe View Post
He really can't score anymore can he?
Nope, he's done.

Old
09-25-2011, 02:29 PM
jesui

Here's a short clip i made from Armia yesterdays game against hpk which ässät won 6-2.
No points from joppe but very solid game imo.
Sorry about the editing this is first clip i've made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh2TMHERVMk

jesui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Ciccarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesui View Post
Here's a short clip i made from Armia yesterdays game against hpk which ässät won 6-2.
Riveting deed chap, but what the hell is up with the music selection? My ears are bleeding.

Ciccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 03:50 PM
YARR123

Quote:
Thanks for the great clip man! looks like Armia had one hell of a game, too bad that didn't show up on the scoresheet. Crazy dangles I liked the physical presence too. Skating looked alot better than last year, seemed pretty fast

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 03:54 PM
Juzmo
rip

Quote:
Loved the smile at the end by Armia.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:50 AM
edd1e

I hope he continues to play like that cause if he does the goals will definitelly come. Looked fast and strong out there!

edd1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Juzmo
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd1e View Post
I hope he continues to play like that cause if he does the goals will definitelly come. Looked fast and strong out there!
Yeah you can clearly see that he has been working hard during the summer and has added pounds to his body.

Like I posted in the Buffalo board one thing that should have been on the video is when on the powerplay Armia comes to the offencive zone, goes around the end board and gives the puck to a defender, all while fying on the ice.

Old
09-26-2011, 02:29 PM
ElHefe

I have never had too high hopes of Armia. His play is so unbalanced, the difference between good and bad night is huge and so often he is invisible on the ice.

His vision of hockey is FAAAR away from Granlund's and Pulkkinen's. They are overall players, Armia does not seem to be.

Armia does not play simply, while he should watch the place to pass or shoot - what ever the right move is - he tryes to find away to do a funny trick to ''entertain'' the audience. He has alot of work to do if he wants to play in the NHL.

Old
09-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElHefe View Post
I have never had too high hopes of Armia. His play is so unbalanced, the difference between good and bad night is huge and so often he is invisible on the ice.

His vision of hockey is FAAAR away from Granlund's and Pulkkinen's. They are overall players, Armia does not seem to be.

Armia does not play simply, while he should watch the place to pass or shoot - what ever the right move is - he tryes to find away to do a funny trick to ''entertain'' the audience. He has alot of work to do if he wants to play in the NHL.
What? Pulkkinen is a more complete player than Armia in your opinion? I burst out laughing when i read that.

Small, slow and weak snipers have much harder time making it to the NHL than fast and big snipers. + A good Wrister with a Quick release works much better on the smaller ice than a good slapper with a slow release.

Latex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 03:00 PM
ElHefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatexiKledjut View Post
What? Pulkkinen is a more complete player than Armia in your opinion? I burst out laughing when i read that.

Small, slow and weak snipers have much harder time making it to the NHL than fast and big snipers. + A good Wrister with a Quick release works much better on the smaller ice than a good slapper with a slow release.
Yes Pulkkinen is easily much more complete player than Armia. Armia might be scoreless for 10 games and Pulkkinen gets at least 1 point per game, usually more. You dont need to be exactly an Einstein to figure that out. Even if you compare the points these both players did last season you understand why it is not a brainer to say that Pulkkinen is a star in the league, Armia is not.

Pulkkinen is not that small(180cm) and many goal-scorers and playmakers in the NHL are that size. However Pulkkinen is pretty weak but that he can get by training. Slow? Armia is not exactly a rocket either. As I already wrote, Armia needs to work hard to even imagine himself playing in the NHL. Same goes with Pulkkinen but there is no doubt about which player is more complete.