HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Joel Armia - Ässät, SM-liiga

Old
12-11-2011, 01:13 PM
WADEugottaBELAKthat
Flynt Flossy

vCash: 500
Is he a consensus 1st-liner for the upcoming WJC´s?

WADEugottaBELAKthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Reikai
Neutral fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Druce View Post
The Finnish team will be stacked offensively, so not sure what the lineups will look like. But Armia is probably top 3 forward for us, so you could say that he is a 1st liner. There will be no clear 1st line for Finland.

Reikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Haite
x

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Druce View Post
If Armia could play left wing and if Ma. Granlund didn't happen to have the chemistry with Mikael, or if Pulkkinen didn't have the chemistry with Mikael, Armia would be a first liner. He's our 2nd best winger, at least offensively, I reckon. Finland's top-2 lines will be:

Markus Granlund - Mikael Granlund - Teemu Pulkkinen
Joonas Donskoi - Miikka Salomäki - Joel Armia

Haite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 02:12 PM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haite View Post
If Armia could play left wing and if Ma. Granlund didn't happen to have the chemistry with Mikael, or if Pulkkinen didn't have the chemistry with Mikael, Armia would be a first liner. He's our 2nd best winger, at least offensively, I reckon. Finland's top-2 lines will be:

Markus Granlund - Mikael Granlund - Teemu Pulkkinen
Joonas Donskoi - Miikka Salomäki - Joel Armia
I thought that Donskoi would play on the 1st line instead of Markus, I mean doesn't he usually play there?

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 02:22 PM
IFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
I thought that Donskoi would play on the 1st line instead of Markus, I mean doesn't he usually play there?
I think to first line is like this.

Granlund-Granlund-Pulkkinen
Salomäki-Barkov-Armia

Donkoi will drop, i believe first in 3rd line cause his lack of points this year and he is perfect to 3rd, skating, experience and still ability make points. Donkoi will still be 1st PP-line-forward G-G-D and defense Pulkkinen-Määttä/Hakanpää.

IFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Haite
x

The top 3 lines have been locked, that's the reason Teräväinen and Mustonen didn't even get an invite to the camp.

Haite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 09:15 AM
cenas*

2+1 against the best team in the WJC ()

He is on fire

cenas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 09:27 AM
The Scouting Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayhat View Post
2+1 against the best team in the WJC ()

He is on fire
He produced, but I don't think he played particularly well, at all. Salomaki actually looked a lot better to me in that game.

The Scouting Report is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scouting Report View Post
He produced, but I don't think he played particularly well, at all. Salomaki actually looked a lot better to me in that game.
To say he didn't get lucky in his goals would be an understatement. Gibson should have had the second one especially.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 09:33 AM
The Scouting Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
To say he didn't get lucky in his goals would be an understatement. Gibson should have had the second one especially.
Yeah, although at least he won a board battle which led to that goal. It may have been his only "won battle" of the game

The Scouting Report is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:25 AM
pokerface1

The goals were pretty soft, however I thought he played a more physical game than he has been given credit for. He finished checks and engaged guys on the boards in the neutral zone. He definitely needs to bulk up as he was knocked down countless times by the Canadiens. But he certainly appeared willing to use his body.
As the above poster correctly pointed out he did tie up the Canadien D-man until his teammate could come in and gather the puck, at which point Armia immediately went straight to the net and received the pass for a softy.

Of course with his size and skill would've liked to see more intensity and dedication to backchecking and he appeared weak behind the net and battling on the endboards.
1 game review tho.

pokerface1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 11:17 AM
bebl

2 lucky goals. I hope that he improves

bebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Emppu

Well, 2 lucky goals but coming from really hard work. He deserved both goals yesterday night, that's for sure. Huge game by him

Emppu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 05:44 PM
sirMcDuck

He has sucked now 5 periods and played one decent. Goals were pretty much good bounces and lucky.. He has been lazy and have to say this straight absolutely **** in this tournament.

I hope he redeems his level of playing.

sirMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Well, still better than Pulkkinen. How was his backchecking, physical game and defence?

The hate for Armia around the HF is ridiculous, while the golden midget Pulkkinen can get away with everything he does and not be criticized at all despite being... what? 0+1 in two games? Was he supposed to be a sniper? A playmaker? Missing the net 70% of the time and turning the puck over doesn't make him seem to be good at either one.

Geez... who cares if the goals were soft. At least the guy is doing his job and producing. Goal scorers just have to find the net, not look good while doing it.

Latex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Backlund

vCash: 1263
Wasn't too impressed with him during the USA-FIN game. I know he scored but they were weak goals IMO.

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 07:17 PM
Juzmo
dont google me

vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coasti View Post
He has sucked now 5 periods and played one decent. Goals were pretty much good bounces and lucky.. He has been lazy and have to say this straight absolutely **** in this tournament.

I hope he redeems his level of playing.
He is a goalscorer, but still a 18 year-old so he is inconsistent with areas in his game. It would have been cool if he would had used his size more and been more active and brave out there, but he just isn't a typical Finnish 0+0-guy out there giving 100% in every situation.

Juzmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 07:18 PM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlund View Post
Wasn't too impressed with him during the USA-FIN game. I know he scored but they were weak goals IMO.
Who the **** cares if he's scoring?!

Good god...

Old
12-29-2011, 07:50 PM
jesui

Armia is at this moment kind of a player that you dont want many in your team.. but atleast i definetly want one.

He seems a bit lazy and unmotivated at times.. BUT he has the ability to singlehandedly end the game when he gets his game mode on, i've seen this happening in FEL pretty many times.

jesui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 08:08 PM
Juzmo
dont google me

vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesui View Post
Armia is at this moment kind of a player that you dont want many in your team.. but atleast i definetly want one.

He seems a bit lazy and unmotivated at times.. BUT he has the ability to singlehandedly end the game when he gets his game mode on, i've seen this happening in FEL pretty many times.
And I'd expect him to be pretty much like that his whole career. At what level? Depends how (much) he develops his game from this.

Juzmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 08:23 PM
YARR123

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatexiKledjut View Post

Good god...
Scenario: Armia floats around the whole game, picks his nose when he should be defending, whacks his stick at the goalie. Then he scores 3 goals, one deflected from his helmet, the other from his ass the third is an empty netter from his own end. Still who the **** cares if he's scoring right?

Anywho, Armia had a pretty decent game. Especially liked the effort in the first goal. He should really get a big boost from this.

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:04 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatexiKledjut View Post

Good god...
A lot of people I would imagine. Cant get by on scoring soft/fluke goals forever.. He had a couple shifts where he looked decent, but his motivation has clearly been lacking almost every game.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:24 PM
puckfan13

The guy does not battle whatsoever but looks good with the puck on his stick I will say.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 03:00 AM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
A lot of people I would imagine. Cant get by on scoring soft/fluke goals forever.. He had a couple shifts where he looked decent, but his motivation has clearly been lacking almost every game.
Yeah, I mean he got loose twice a game. No? Getting in to such scoring chances requires offensive instincts. And It's not like he doesn't have good hands to finish or a great shot. 90% of the time he roofs the puck from there or dekes the goalie.

You guys act like he doesn't have any offensive instincts, shot, hands etc. which is bs. Two lucky goals don't mean he can't score them "properly".

Old
12-30-2011, 03:39 AM
sirMcDuck

He just was just lucky. His overall game was awful.. How can't you see it? Just count the turnovers.

sirMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote