HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michael Leighton questions

Old
10-05-2010, 11:46 PM
THEKingsFanInRI
This must be a dream

vCash: 500
Michael Leighton questions

Kings fan coming in peace....

I have 2 roto-based ?'s about Leighton. Anyone know if the Flyers plan to put him on IR or will I have to go with two goalies until he returns? Also, is the job his when he comes back or does Boucher have the job even after ML returns? Thanks for the insight.

THEKingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 02:35 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Confusing situation and the answer is: Bobrovsky?

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 03:12 AM
Rick Deckard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFanInRI View Post
Kings fan coming in peace....

I have 2 roto-based ?'s about Leighton. Anyone know if the Flyers plan to put him on IR or will I have to go with two goalies until he returns? Also, is the job his when he comes back or does Boucher have the job even after ML returns? Thanks for the insight.
According to Carchidi, one of the beat writers, he will be on IR not LTIR to start the season. For the other question, it depends on Bouchers and Bobrovskys play, I think Laviolette will just use the hot goalie.

Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 08:32 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Deckard View Post
According to Carchidi, one of the beat writers, he will be on IR not LTIR to start the season. For the other question, it depends on Bouchers and Bobrovskys play, I think Laviolette will just use the hot goalie.
Is there even such a thing as IR? I was under the impression LTIR is the only form of IR that exists.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Rick Deckard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
Is there even such a thing as IR? I was under the impression LTIR is the only form of IR that exists.
Yes, LTIR is for at least 24 days or 10 games. Everything shorter is just IR.

Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 08:53 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Deckard View Post
Yes, LTIR is for at least 24 days or 10 games. Everything shorter is just IR.
I know the 10 games part for LTIR, but is IR actually a thing? You get cap relief for placing someone on LTIR, if IR was actually something, what's the benefit? It would seem to me, that what you're calling IR is really just....having someone on the roster who is hurt and not playing AKA he is scratched, and not a healthy scratch.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I know the 10 games part for LTIR, but is IR actually a thing? You get cap relief for placing someone on LTIR, if IR was actually something, what's the benefit? It would seem to me, that what you're calling IR is really just....having someone on the roster who is hurt and not playing AKA he is scratched, and not a healthy scratch.
You don't get cap relief, but it lets you bring up extra bodies and go over the roster limit. This was the problem that led to Upshall getting dealt. If anyone had a ding or dent that season and missed a game (Timonen got the flu and we had to send Giroux down, you might recall) we didn't have the space to call up folks for a single game.

--

As to the OP. If you haven't had your draft yet, I would stay away from Leighton for two primary reasons:

1) Back injuries are a big problem for a goalie and tend to not go away especially quickly.

2) I have questions about whether he can play as well as he did last year, and that being the case you have to question whether he'll be able to hold his job... and then you begin to run into the chance that either Boucher/Bob is the starter, or the Flyers seek someone else (if they can fit them) to go between the pipes.

I would draft Leighton, but I would draft him rather late.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote