HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thanks everyone!

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2004, 12:14 AM
Sotnos

vCash: 500
Thanks everyone!

Thanks to everyone who came here to congratulate us! It really is appreciated, a lot of my posters (and myself) are longtime, long suffering die hards so this is a VERY happy time for us.

I was downright touched to come on here and see 15 new threads, and not one rude word in any of them.

You all are the best, and I'm glad you guys took the time to give us your good wishes!

Thank you

06-08-2004, 12:17 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

You'll probably get tons more congrats over the next few days too

Old
06-08-2004, 12:36 AM
GoM

Well-deserved congratulations they are

Old
06-08-2004, 01:04 AM
Rschmitz

Old
06-08-2004, 03:35 AM
Ozy_Flame

LOL.....Can I ask why a board moderator is getting a congrats? Not that Sotnos probably doesn't deserve it but....I didn't see him out on the ice. Heck, I haven't even seen one pat on the back for a team that wasn't even supposed to make it past the first round. Maybe this is from a toungue of spite, but atleast give credit where credit is due - Calgary worked just as hard (if not harder) to get to game seven of the Finals and take Tampa to the max.

Old
06-08-2004, 04:54 AM
Safir*

Seven and a half years ago I saw my first and only NHL game. It was a Lightning game (vs. Hartford) and from this time on till three years ago the team pretty much sucked.

I'm so happy for the Lightning fans that suffered for so long.

Brad Richards.

BTW: Lord Stanley will become a common commondity in the South East.

Up next the Thrashers, Panthers & for a repeat the Lightning.

Old
06-08-2004, 05:31 AM
Coffey77

It's cool to see other posters doing that.

Congrats to the Stanley Cup Champion Lightning!!!

Nice to see Andreychuk win a Stanley Cup after so long.

And an apology to Jay Feaster. I was one of many that thought he was nuts when he made that Pitkanen for Fedotenko (plus 2 picks) deal. But Ruslan came up big scoring 12 goals, including the game winner in game 7.

Old
06-08-2004, 05:56 AM
robtootell

Its been tough going staying up till 4am for every playoff game, but boy that was sweet last night. All those trips since 1996 have now been worth it and glad I was able to catch 2 games in October, which seems an age ago now.

I had a celebratory Crown Royal at 4.30am this morning and a toast to all the guys who post on here, it gives me an interesting read every day. Keep winding them up Pete! And thanks to Sotnos who has always answered any questions I have straight away.

I shall wear my No 4 Game Jersey with pride here in England, and that move for the set up on the game winner was just unbelievable.

GO BOLTS.....I can now sleep easy.

Old
06-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffey77
And an apology to Jay Feaster. I was one of many that thought he was nuts when he made that Pitkanen for Fedotenko (plus 2 picks) deal. But Ruslan came up big scoring 12 goals, including the game winner in game 7.
Your not the only one who owes Feaster an apology;

Old
06-08-2004, 01:27 PM
Vlad The Impaler

Still think Fedotenko could have been had for far less. Feaster taken to school on his first deal but that is besides the point: Big congrats to TB fans. You suffered through long years of The Big Suck and now you have won a cup.

I for one am glad that the cup went to one of the so-called "non-traditional markets" as it is good for the game.

I could lose this year. My hope was for the Cup to go for a Canadian team or barring that, a new market. As a Canadian, I hope you will understand my preference

I watched this year with great interest. I think one of the most understated factor that gave the Lightning the edge was the little playoffs experience they already had, That goes a long way and this is why a team MUST always aim for the playoffs.

Jay Feaster realized that, as did most TB fans who had a lot of faith in him and were energized by the new attitude and priorities. It paid off. Hopefully the Lightning can build on this success.

They play a style of hockey a LOT of people love. They've got exciting young players, a GM who has more experience and has his priorities straight and a coach whom I must admit has really surprised me through the years. Tortorella is a breath of fresh air and he has been really focused on what he wants out of this team.

Anyway, that was probably too long but you've got a lot to look forward to and a lot of celebrating to do now! Congrats!

PS: Special congrats to Sotnos! Your passion for the game shows through my computer screen, for crying out loud! I'm REALLY glad for you, buddy

Old
06-08-2004, 01:38 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
PS: Special congrats to Sotnos! Your passion for the game shows through my computer screen, for crying out loud! I'm REALLY glad for you, buddy

Amen to that.

And a big thanks to Tampa for winning the cup playing the game the way it was meant to be played (high speed, grit, and a determined forcheck).

Old
06-08-2004, 02:01 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

It's always heartening to see a team win its first championship, and the fact that it's the first Southeast Division champion, one with a reasonable payroll, and one of the 90s expansion era teams at that, is all the more cause for optimism.

As mentioned previously, it is encouraging that a team playing this style can be shown to be highly successful. The team for whom I happen to cheer is in poor shape and rebuilding from the ground up (Washington), and they have expressed more than once that the Tampa Bay Lightning model is one they would like to emulate, a sentiment that comes from suitably chastened ownership at the top. Perhaps given time we can see more teams try to play that brand of exciting hockey, built along similar lines.

Congratulations to ownership, management, players, to the loyal fans in Tampa, and to the two teams that provided as good a seven-game Finals as the NHL has seen in some time. On the eve of an uncertain off-season, it was fun hockey to watch.

Old
06-08-2004, 04:05 PM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Ditto what Sotnos said. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. What an unbelievable feeling!

Old
06-08-2004, 04:41 PM
Sotnos

JOE!

I noticed this afternoon that you'd been gone for a week and was wondering what the heck happened. If disappearing was a good luck thing, it obviously worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
Thanks!

Old
06-08-2004, 04:49 PM
Coffey77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Amen to that.

And a big thanks to Tampa for winning the cup playing the game the way it was meant to be played (high speed, grit, and a determined forcheck).
I hope it starts a trend among the other NHL teams (i doubt it though). Calgary played some entertaining hockey too. Not as skilled as Tampa but up-tempo with lots of hitting.

Old
06-08-2004, 07:47 PM
joeminus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
I noticed this afternoon that you'd been gone for a week and was wondering what the heck happened. If disappearing was a good luck thing, it obviously worked!

Thanks!
Wow, cool that someone noticed my absence. By way of an explanation:

1) I swore off the Playoff board after Game Four because I felt like I was on the verge of getting myself banned. I concluded that certain fans of certain teams who lacked any semblance of objectivity weren't worth arguing with any longer. And, in any case, they certainly didn't have any insightful contributions to make to the threadbare hockey discussion at hand.
2) Unfortunately the rest of my life (personal, professional, etc.) hasn't completely shut down in deference to the Stanley Cup Finals, which has been extremely inconvenient.

... and ...

3) I WENT TO CALGARY FOR GAME SIX!

It was awesome, of course.

Still smiling!

Old
06-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Hoek
Kilted Yaksman

Petition to add joeminus to the cup for being the good luck charm that saved us in Game 6.

Signed.

Old
06-08-2004, 09:29 PM
joeminus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek
Petition to add joeminus to the cup for being the good luck charm that saved us in Game 6.

Signed.
Eh. I was at Game 5, too. But, hey, if they want to put my name on it, I'm not going to argue.

Old
06-08-2004, 11:13 PM
Rschmitz

I wonder who has more votes, Joe Lastra or Stan Neckar?

Closed Thread