HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Next year lines-fill in the blanks

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-09-2004, 12:24 PM
  #26
Yertle The Turtle
Registered User
 
Yertle The Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Millville, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,225
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via MSN to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via Yahoo to Yertle The Turtle
IMO they should only bring in Carter next year. And if they do bring him to the big club they should defintly play him at center not a wing like ppl have been posting in their line ups.

Yertle The Turtle is offline  
Old
06-09-2004, 01:47 PM
  #27
VaFlyer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfreak941
IMO they should only bring in Carter next year. And if they do bring him to the big club they should defintly play him at center not a wing like ppl have been posting in their line ups.
Well then plan on him being the 4th line center and playing with Somik and Brashear, maybe Sharp. I have trouble believing that Hitch it going to give all of the responsibilities of playing center in his system to a young kid. We have 3 centers that Hitch likes: Handzus, Zhamnov and Primeau, Carter will be #4 if he plays center. By putting him on the 2nd line RW, you allow him to play an offensive style while depending upon guys like Recchi and Handzus to learn the game.

If you play Carter at #2 Center, you must, and I mean MUST move Handzus to another team. We will need a scoring winger to play with Carter.

VaFlyer is offline  
Old
06-09-2004, 02:58 PM
  #28
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,245
vCash: 769
someone else probably has the same as me, but whatever:

Gagne-Zhamnov-Roenick
Carter-Handzus-Recchi
Radivojevic-Primeau-Kapanen
Brashear-Sharp-Somik/Fedoruk

Bye, Bye Johnny & Tony

Johnsson-Markov
Desjardins-Seidenberg
Ragnarsson-Pitkanen

Esche
Niittymaki

RJ8812 is offline  
Old
06-09-2004, 05:35 PM
  #29
Overtime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
True but HItch has to do what ownership wants

Sinder strongly hinted at rebuilding on DNL two weeks ago.
You mean when Snider said "we aren't tearing this team apart"?

Overtime is offline  
Old
06-09-2004, 05:39 PM
  #30
Nikkowar
Registered User
 
Nikkowar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Upper Darby
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,318
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikkowar Send a message via MSN to Nikkowar
Like i've asked before, why are you guys so eager to trade Handzus? Now it's not everyone of you guys, but I've seen it a few times.

Nikkowar is offline  
Old
06-09-2004, 06:29 PM
  #31
Yertle The Turtle
Registered User
 
Yertle The Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Millville, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,225
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via MSN to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via Yahoo to Yertle The Turtle
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFlyer
Well then plan on him being the 4th line center and playing with Somik and Brashear, maybe Sharp. I have trouble believing that Hitch it going to give all of the responsibilities of playing center in his system to a young kid. We have 3 centers that Hitch likes: Handzus, Zhamnov and Primeau, Carter will be #4 if he plays center. By putting him on the 2nd line RW, you allow him to play an offensive style while depending upon guys like Recchi and Handzus to learn the game.

If you play Carter at #2 Center, you must, and I mean MUST move Handzus to another team. We will need a scoring winger to play with Carter.
I just think they should play him at center because if we try to play him on a wing it might mess him up mentally.

Yertle The Turtle is offline  
Old
06-09-2004, 07:15 PM
  #32
FlyersFan10*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,349
vCash: 500
My question is why does everyone think Carter will make the team before Richards? Truth of the matter, Richards is the more polished player of the two and is more ready to play a pro game than Carter. While Carter had a coming out party at the WJC, truth of the matter is that Richards was one of THE best in CHL. Hell, several coaches and GMs in the CHL rated Richards ahead of Carter. I'm not saying that Richards will be a better player. If anything, Richards is probably going to be plugged in a checking role in Philadelphia and Carter will get a spot handed to him on a scoring line. I hate to say it, but I think the days of the smaller player coming back to be the dominant player are starting to happen again. I hope we have a little Martin St.Louis in Richards. That wouldn't be too bad......

FlyersFan10* is offline  
Old
06-09-2004, 07:48 PM
  #33
King Fish
Registered User
 
King Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Where's ma pizza?
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by easton122
Gagne - Zhamnov - Guerin
Somik - Handzus - Roenick
Brashear - Primeau - Kapanen
Fedoruk - Sharp - Radivojevic

Malakhov - Markov
Ragnarsson - Johnsson
Pitkanen - Desjardins

Esche
Niittymaki

Ouch! that is the worst LW line up in the league. I hope you're wrong!

King Fish is offline  
Old
06-09-2004, 08:32 PM
  #34
goodrev
Registered User
 
goodrev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 367
vCash: 500
fedoruk has no place on this team, he is a goon with little offensive talent and less defensive talent, he hits like a champ but in doing so ALWAYS puts himself out of position to make any sort of defensive or any play

goodrev is offline  
Old
06-09-2004, 08:37 PM
  #35
King Fish
Registered User
 
King Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Where's ma pizza?
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzapieZeppelin18
Like i've asked before, why are you guys so eager to trade Handzus? Now it's not everyone of you guys, but I've seen it a few times.
He has the best trade value of our forwards (other than gags), he's not too old, he is very good defensively. Why I want to trade him? He is in the prime of a medeocure career, he is slower than Leclair on a good day, no leadership ability, lack of offensive, we need to clear the dead wood at center.

King Fish is offline  
Old
06-09-2004, 09:17 PM
  #36
Dave Carlson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodrev
fedoruk has no place on this team, he is a goon with little offensive talent and less defensive talent, he hits like a champ but in doing so ALWAYS puts himself out of position to make any sort of defensive or any play
Actually, Fedoruk has a definite place on this team. He's the only enforcer in our system, excluding Brashear's momentary lapses into his supposed role. Fedoruk needs to improve a lot, but he showed great improvement this year, and I imagine he will improve much more, especially if he actually get some playing time. He's a great, intimidating hitter, good down low, and stands up for his teammates. I hope he stays.

Dave Carlson is offline  
Old
06-09-2004, 10:03 PM
  #37
King Fish
Registered User
 
King Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Where's ma pizza?
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Carlson
Actually, Fedoruk has a definite place on this team. He's the only enforcer in our system, excluding Brashear's momentary lapses into his supposed role. Fedoruk needs to improve a lot, but he showed great improvement this year, and I imagine he will improve much more, especially if he actually get some playing time. He's a great, intimidating hitter, good down low, and stands up for his teammates. I hope he stays.
I see Fedoruk's role being taken up by Eager down the road. Eager is not as good of a fighter as Todd but he can fly and is physical. Brash is our heavyweight and Eager could be more of an agitator. It would be nice to have a Barnaby type player on the flyers.

King Fish is offline  
Old
06-09-2004, 11:10 PM
  #38
goodrev
Registered User
 
goodrev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 367
vCash: 500
brashear i no longer concider a fighter, simply on the fact that... he doesnt fight... and when he does, it consists of the other guy or him falling down before a punch is thrown. i know he has evened out his game and become a complete player but there are times in a game when the team could use a fight to swing momentum and he goes out there and does nothing, then there are times when there is no reason for a fight and he is out there starting stuff

i know brashear can fight and is a heavyweight... its just the fact that most of his "fights" that he gets penalties for he never even throws a punch in the few that there are that is

goodrev is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 06:47 AM
  #39
Cuiff
Registered User
 
Cuiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Abington (Philly)
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overtime
You mean when Snider said "we aren't tearing this team apart"?
No, when he said that this team definitely must get younger.

Cuiff is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 07:18 AM
  #40
FlyersFan10*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,349
vCash: 500
I wouldn't mind losing some of the size on the wings if it were replaced with talent. Truth of the matter is that we need goalscorers. I could care less if they can't play a lick of defense, but we need someone who can put the puck in the net. I'd hope that the rest of the Flyers brass realizes this and they don't go out and get someone like a Mike Keane or something. I say let Ruzicka, Eager, Richards and Carter all play on the team. Move some dead weight out. How bad could it be if we played the kids? I'd say that because we are a fairly talented team, the kids would fit in with no trouble. I also say that Hitch has to lighten up a bit and take it easy on the kids. They are bound to make mistakes and they shouldn't be "punished" for making mistakes. Last time I checked, making mistakes is part of the learning process

FlyersFan10* is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 07:43 AM
  #41
Cuiff
Registered User
 
Cuiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Abington (Philly)
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan10
I wouldn't mind losing some of the size on the wings if it were replaced with talent. Truth of the matter is that we need goalscorers. I could care less if they can't play a lick of defense, but we need someone who can put the puck in the net. I'd hope that the rest of the Flyers brass realizes this and they don't go out and get someone like a Mike Keane or something. I say let Ruzicka, Eager, Richards and Carter all play on the team. Move some dead weight out. How bad could it be if we played the kids? I'd say that because we are a fairly talented team, the kids would fit in with no trouble. I also say that Hitch has to lighten up a bit and take it easy on the kids. They are bound to make mistakes and they shouldn't be "punished" for making mistakes. Last time I checked, making mistakes is part of the learning process

Well even though I don't agree with playing Eager. (The guy can't even play in the AHL level) I like what your getting at.

Cuiff is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 08:52 AM
  #42
Dave Carlson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
Well even though I don't agree with playing Eager. (The guy can't even play in the AHL level) I like what your getting at.
From the one game I watched of Eager at the AHL level he was on of the best players out there...

Dave Carlson is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 08:54 AM
  #43
Dave Carlson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fish
I see Fedoruk's role being taken up by Eager down the road. Eager is not as good of a fighter as Todd but he can fly and is physical. Brash is our heavyweight and Eager could be more of an agitator. It would be nice to have a Barnaby type player on the flyers.
Well, since Fedoruk is the heir apparent to Brashear in our orginization, then we are in some deep **** if Eager takes over Todd's role. Eager can fly and be physical, but he's not as intimidating a presence as Todd. Fedoruk has shown potential to at least get to the level that Brashear is at in hockey ability if they would actually give him some playing time. Again, Fedoruk should stay.

Dave Carlson is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 08:58 AM
  #44
Coburnfan05
Registered User
 
Coburnfan05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SOB Southern Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan10
My question is why does everyone think Carter will make the team before Richards? Truth of the matter, Richards is the more polished player of the two and is more ready to play a pro game than Carter. While Carter had a coming out party at the WJC, truth of the matter is that Richards was one of THE best in CHL. Hell, several coaches and GMs in the CHL rated Richards ahead of Carter. I'm not saying that Richards will be a better player. If anything, Richards is probably going to be plugged in a checking role in Philadelphia and Carter will get a spot handed to him on a scoring line. I hate to say it, but I think the days of the smaller player coming back to be the dominant player are starting to happen again. I hope we have a little Martin St.Louis in Richards. That wouldn't be too bad......
Not me...I think with some seasoning Richards will be the better of the two. While Carter is a little more flashy, Richards like you said is a little more polished and is very sound defensively at such a young age.

Coburnfan05 is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 10:05 AM
  #45
Cuiff
Registered User
 
Cuiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Abington (Philly)
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Carlson
From the one game I watched of Eager at the AHL level he was on of the best players out there...
8 games 1 assist???

:lol :lol


Last edited by Cuiff: 06-10-2004 at 10:10 AM.
Cuiff is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 10:07 AM
  #46
Diesel
Registered User
 
Diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
Gagne-Handzus-Amonte'

Eager-Primeau-Richards

LeClair-Carter-Radovojvic

Fedoruk-Sharp-Brashear


Johnsson-Ragnarsson
Desjardinsj-Pitkanen
Malakhov-Markov

Amonte' and LeClair are practically untradable because of their contracts. Roenick is almost in that catagory (even though he has something left in the tank), but I think he will retire. Same goes for Kapanen, but if he comes back, plug him in on that 2nd or 3rd line. So, since we are stuck with those two huge contracts, there won't be room to sign any free agents when there is a salary cap- not that I'd want them to anyway. I can't believe some people actually want Guerin?! He's still pretty good but he's gonna be 33 or 34 and the Flyers don't need any more over-priced veterans.


Last edited by Diesel: 06-10-2004 at 10:12 AM. Reason: forgot Radovojvic
Diesel is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 10:49 AM
  #47
Coburnfan05
Registered User
 
Coburnfan05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SOB Southern Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,103
vCash: 500
No offense Diesel but that lineup is one of the worst so far...the pens could ice a better lineup then that.

Coburnfan05 is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 11:43 AM
  #48
Cuiff
Registered User
 
Cuiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Abington (Philly)
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan
No offense Diesel but that lineup is one of the worst so far...the pens could ice a better lineup then that.

I don't think the Pens are going to be too bad next season. They showed some flashes this season and have a lot of young talent in their system. I'd swap our roster for their's any day, especally with the CBA comming up.

Cuiff is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 12:29 PM
  #49
Dave Carlson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
8 games 1 assist???

:lol :lol
Excuse me for not writing him off for not statistically dominating in the EIGHT games he played his first AHL stint. Again, when I watched him, though for only one game, he looked very competitive at that level. Did you watch him play with the phantoms at all? or are you just basing this upon some personal bias.

Dave Carlson is offline  
Old
06-10-2004, 12:47 PM
  #50
Yertle The Turtle
Registered User
 
Yertle The Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Millville, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,225
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via MSN to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via Yahoo to Yertle The Turtle
Gagne-Primeau-Amonte'

Leclair-Handzus-Guerin/Murray

Brashear-Carter-Radovojvic

Somik-Sharp-Eager/Feduruk/Law


Johnsson-Markov
FA or trade Desardin -Pitkanen
Malakhov-Ragnarson


Seems reasonable to me

Yertle The Turtle is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.