HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Next year lines-fill in the blanks

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2004, 12:24 PM
Yertle The Turtle

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via MSN to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via Yahoo to Yertle The Turtle
IMO they should only bring in Carter next year. And if they do bring him to the big club they should defintly play him at center not a wing like ppl have been posting in their line ups.

Old
06-09-2004, 01:47 PM
VaFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfreak941
IMO they should only bring in Carter next year. And if they do bring him to the big club they should defintly play him at center not a wing like ppl have been posting in their line ups.
Well then plan on him being the 4th line center and playing with Somik and Brashear, maybe Sharp. I have trouble believing that Hitch it going to give all of the responsibilities of playing center in his system to a young kid. We have 3 centers that Hitch likes: Handzus, Zhamnov and Primeau, Carter will be #4 if he plays center. By putting him on the 2nd line RW, you allow him to play an offensive style while depending upon guys like Recchi and Handzus to learn the game.

If you play Carter at #2 Center, you must, and I mean MUST move Handzus to another team. We will need a scoring winger to play with Carter.

Old
06-09-2004, 02:58 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
someone else probably has the same as me, but whatever:

Gagne-Zhamnov-Roenick
Carter-Handzus-Recchi
Radivojevic-Primeau-Kapanen
Brashear-Sharp-Somik/Fedoruk

Bye, Bye Johnny & Tony

Johnsson-Markov
Desjardins-Seidenberg
Ragnarsson-Pitkanen

Esche
Niittymaki

Old
06-09-2004, 05:35 PM
Overtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
True but HItch has to do what ownership wants

Sinder strongly hinted at rebuilding on DNL two weeks ago.
You mean when Snider said "we aren't tearing this team apart"?

Old
06-09-2004, 05:39 PM
Nikkowar

Send a message via AIM to Nikkowar Send a message via MSN to Nikkowar
Like i've asked before, why are you guys so eager to trade Handzus? Now it's not everyone of you guys, but I've seen it a few times.

Old
06-09-2004, 06:29 PM
Yertle The Turtle

Send a message via AIM to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via MSN to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via Yahoo to Yertle The Turtle
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFlyer
Well then plan on him being the 4th line center and playing with Somik and Brashear, maybe Sharp. I have trouble believing that Hitch it going to give all of the responsibilities of playing center in his system to a young kid. We have 3 centers that Hitch likes: Handzus, Zhamnov and Primeau, Carter will be #4 if he plays center. By putting him on the 2nd line RW, you allow him to play an offensive style while depending upon guys like Recchi and Handzus to learn the game.

If you play Carter at #2 Center, you must, and I mean MUST move Handzus to another team. We will need a scoring winger to play with Carter.
I just think they should play him at center because if we try to play him on a wing it might mess him up mentally.

Old
06-09-2004, 07:15 PM
FlyersFan10*

My question is why does everyone think Carter will make the team before Richards? Truth of the matter, Richards is the more polished player of the two and is more ready to play a pro game than Carter. While Carter had a coming out party at the WJC, truth of the matter is that Richards was one of THE best in CHL. Hell, several coaches and GMs in the CHL rated Richards ahead of Carter. I'm not saying that Richards will be a better player. If anything, Richards is probably going to be plugged in a checking role in Philadelphia and Carter will get a spot handed to him on a scoring line. I hate to say it, but I think the days of the smaller player coming back to be the dominant player are starting to happen again. I hope we have a little Martin St.Louis in Richards. That wouldn't be too bad......

Old
06-09-2004, 07:48 PM
King Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by easton122
Gagne - Zhamnov - Guerin
Somik - Handzus - Roenick
Brashear - Primeau - Kapanen
Fedoruk - Sharp - Radivojevic

Malakhov - Markov
Ragnarsson - Johnsson
Pitkanen - Desjardins

Esche
Niittymaki

Ouch! that is the worst LW line up in the league. I hope you're wrong!

Old
06-09-2004, 08:32 PM
goodrev

fedoruk has no place on this team, he is a goon with little offensive talent and less defensive talent, he hits like a champ but in doing so ALWAYS puts himself out of position to make any sort of defensive or any play

Old
06-09-2004, 08:37 PM
King Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzapieZeppelin18
Like i've asked before, why are you guys so eager to trade Handzus? Now it's not everyone of you guys, but I've seen it a few times.
He has the best trade value of our forwards (other than gags), he's not too old, he is very good defensively. Why I want to trade him? He is in the prime of a medeocure career, he is slower than Leclair on a good day, no leadership ability, lack of offensive, we need to clear the dead wood at center.

Old
06-09-2004, 09:17 PM
Dave Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodrev
fedoruk has no place on this team, he is a goon with little offensive talent and less defensive talent, he hits like a champ but in doing so ALWAYS puts himself out of position to make any sort of defensive or any play
Actually, Fedoruk has a definite place on this team. He's the only enforcer in our system, excluding Brashear's momentary lapses into his supposed role. Fedoruk needs to improve a lot, but he showed great improvement this year, and I imagine he will improve much more, especially if he actually get some playing time. He's a great, intimidating hitter, good down low, and stands up for his teammates. I hope he stays.

Old
06-09-2004, 10:03 PM
King Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Carlson
Actually, Fedoruk has a definite place on this team. He's the only enforcer in our system, excluding Brashear's momentary lapses into his supposed role. Fedoruk needs to improve a lot, but he showed great improvement this year, and I imagine he will improve much more, especially if he actually get some playing time. He's a great, intimidating hitter, good down low, and stands up for his teammates. I hope he stays.
I see Fedoruk's role being taken up by Eager down the road. Eager is not as good of a fighter as Todd but he can fly and is physical. Brash is our heavyweight and Eager could be more of an agitator. It would be nice to have a Barnaby type player on the flyers.

Old
06-09-2004, 11:10 PM
goodrev

brashear i no longer concider a fighter, simply on the fact that... he doesnt fight... and when he does, it consists of the other guy or him falling down before a punch is thrown. i know he has evened out his game and become a complete player but there are times in a game when the team could use a fight to swing momentum and he goes out there and does nothing, then there are times when there is no reason for a fight and he is out there starting stuff

i know brashear can fight and is a heavyweight... its just the fact that most of his "fights" that he gets penalties for he never even throws a punch in the few that there are that is

Old
06-10-2004, 06:47 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overtime
You mean when Snider said "we aren't tearing this team apart"?
No, when he said that this team definitely must get younger.

Old
06-10-2004, 07:18 AM
FlyersFan10*

I wouldn't mind losing some of the size on the wings if it were replaced with talent. Truth of the matter is that we need goalscorers. I could care less if they can't play a lick of defense, but we need someone who can put the puck in the net. I'd hope that the rest of the Flyers brass realizes this and they don't go out and get someone like a Mike Keane or something. I say let Ruzicka, Eager, Richards and Carter all play on the team. Move some dead weight out. How bad could it be if we played the kids? I'd say that because we are a fairly talented team, the kids would fit in with no trouble. I also say that Hitch has to lighten up a bit and take it easy on the kids. They are bound to make mistakes and they shouldn't be "punished" for making mistakes. Last time I checked, making mistakes is part of the learning process

Old
06-10-2004, 07:43 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan10
I wouldn't mind losing some of the size on the wings if it were replaced with talent. Truth of the matter is that we need goalscorers. I could care less if they can't play a lick of defense, but we need someone who can put the puck in the net. I'd hope that the rest of the Flyers brass realizes this and they don't go out and get someone like a Mike Keane or something. I say let Ruzicka, Eager, Richards and Carter all play on the team. Move some dead weight out. How bad could it be if we played the kids? I'd say that because we are a fairly talented team, the kids would fit in with no trouble. I also say that Hitch has to lighten up a bit and take it easy on the kids. They are bound to make mistakes and they shouldn't be "punished" for making mistakes. Last time I checked, making mistakes is part of the learning process

Well even though I don't agree with playing Eager. (The guy can't even play in the AHL level) I like what your getting at.

Old
06-10-2004, 08:52 AM
Dave Carlson

Quote:
Well even though I don't agree with playing Eager. (The guy can't even play in the AHL level) I like what your getting at.
From the one game I watched of Eager at the AHL level he was on of the best players out there...

Old
06-10-2004, 08:54 AM
Dave Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fish
I see Fedoruk's role being taken up by Eager down the road. Eager is not as good of a fighter as Todd but he can fly and is physical. Brash is our heavyweight and Eager could be more of an agitator. It would be nice to have a Barnaby type player on the flyers.
Well, since Fedoruk is the heir apparent to Brashear in our orginization, then we are in some deep **** if Eager takes over Todd's role. Eager can fly and be physical, but he's not as intimidating a presence as Todd. Fedoruk has shown potential to at least get to the level that Brashear is at in hockey ability if they would actually give him some playing time. Again, Fedoruk should stay.

Old
06-10-2004, 08:58 AM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan10
My question is why does everyone think Carter will make the team before Richards? Truth of the matter, Richards is the more polished player of the two and is more ready to play a pro game than Carter. While Carter had a coming out party at the WJC, truth of the matter is that Richards was one of THE best in CHL. Hell, several coaches and GMs in the CHL rated Richards ahead of Carter. I'm not saying that Richards will be a better player. If anything, Richards is probably going to be plugged in a checking role in Philadelphia and Carter will get a spot handed to him on a scoring line. I hate to say it, but I think the days of the smaller player coming back to be the dominant player are starting to happen again. I hope we have a little Martin St.Louis in Richards. That wouldn't be too bad......
Not me...I think with some seasoning Richards will be the better of the two. While Carter is a little more flashy, Richards like you said is a little more polished and is very sound defensively at such a young age.

Old
06-10-2004, 10:05 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Carlson
From the one game I watched of Eager at the AHL level he was on of the best players out there...
8 games 1 assist???

:lol :lol

Last edited by Cuiff: 06-10-2004 at 10:10 AM.
Old
06-10-2004, 10:07 AM
Diesel

Gagne-Handzus-Amonte'

Eager-Primeau-Richards

LeClair-Carter-Radovojvic

Fedoruk-Sharp-Brashear

Johnsson-Ragnarsson
Desjardinsj-Pitkanen
Malakhov-Markov

Amonte' and LeClair are practically untradable because of their contracts. Roenick is almost in that catagory (even though he has something left in the tank), but I think he will retire. Same goes for Kapanen, but if he comes back, plug him in on that 2nd or 3rd line. So, since we are stuck with those two huge contracts, there won't be room to sign any free agents when there is a salary cap- not that I'd want them to anyway. I can't believe some people actually want Guerin?! He's still pretty good but he's gonna be 33 or 34 and the Flyers don't need any more over-priced veterans.

Last edited by Diesel: 06-10-2004 at 10:12 AM. Reason: forgot Radovojvic
Old
06-10-2004, 10:49 AM
Coburnfan05

No offense Diesel but that lineup is one of the worst so far...the pens could ice a better lineup then that.

Old
06-10-2004, 11:43 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan
No offense Diesel but that lineup is one of the worst so far...the pens could ice a better lineup then that.

I don't think the Pens are going to be too bad next season. They showed some flashes this season and have a lot of young talent in their system. I'd swap our roster for their's any day, especally with the CBA comming up.

Old
06-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Dave Carlson

Quote:
8 games 1 assist???

:lol :lol
Excuse me for not writing him off for not statistically dominating in the EIGHT games he played his first AHL stint. Again, when I watched him, though for only one game, he looked very competitive at that level. Did you watch him play with the phantoms at all? or are you just basing this upon some personal bias.

Old
06-10-2004, 12:47 PM
Yertle The Turtle

Gagne-Primeau-Amonte'

Leclair-Handzus-Guerin/Murray

Brashear-Carter-Radovojvic

Somik-Sharp-Eager/Feduruk/Law

Johnsson-Markov
FA or trade Desardin -Pitkanen
Malakhov-Ragnarson

Seems reasonable to me

Closed Thread