HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Roman Josi

Old
11-24-2011, 10:59 PM
redbeard7737

vCash: 500
Roman Josi

Sounds like Roman Josi has been called up by the Predators. He should have made the team out of camp but got his 3rd concussion of his young career. If he can stay healthy, this is a very underrated prospect. I could see him come in and join the 2nd pairing before long and get some powerplay time. Have many people seen him play and what are your expections?

redbeard7737 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 12:54 AM
Karlssonlee

This kid is a stud.

He's very underrated. He's a tremendous skater with great mobility. He does many things well. He can either carry the puck out of the zone himself or use his great outlet pass. He's also fairly aggressive when he wants to be.

Big fan of his. I think he'll turn into a #3 defender with the chance of becoming a #2.

Karlssonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 01:19 AM
SchwenningerWildWing

Send a message via ICQ to SchwenningerWildWing
Has everything to become a very good NHL defender, but when I saw him play in Bern he often skated with his head down and it's no wonder he has three concussions already. He has to stop that when he wants to survive in the NHL. Other than that he is a great talent. Great Skater, great mobility, can carry the puck, good passer.

SchwenningerWildWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 07:37 AM
duga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwenningerWildWing View Post
Has everything to become a very good NHL defender, but when I saw him play in Bern he often skated with his head down and it's no wonder he has three concussions already. He has to stop that when he wants to survive in the NHL. Other than that he is a great talent. Great Skater, great mobility, can carry the puck, good passer.
totally agree, I've mentioned his weaknesses in here before he crossed the pond. he had to take this huge hit to the head by Shawn Heins back in switzerland (totally his fault IMO) and was at least 2 times lucky at the following WC with some uncommon moves out of the defensive zone, when he put himself in awkwardly vulnerable positions. and his last injuries in NA do not indicate that he has totally overcome his weaknesses.

on the other hand, his strenghts (the one's you've mentioned above) were already obvious at that WC.

compared to Mark Streit at the same age, he was at least one step above.

and compared to Luca Sbisa, who's from the same age-class. When we consider only the skill-level and ignore the physical presence, he's 2 steps above IMO (though maybe not all off my fellow countrymen will agree with this.)

While I haven't seen much off him since he crossed the pond, I guess his strengh/weakness pattern shouldn't have changed too much.

He is a very smart player as well. Back in Switzerland he wasn't a very physical player, but won a lot of defensive battles thanks to his smarts... (not unlike Nicklas Lidstrom)

IMO, he's in the group of most talented swiss player I've seen play (together with Streit, R. Von Arx and D.Brunner) and will end up at least as a NR.2 D (when he can bear the physical challenges)

duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Many have said that he was better then Blum, who's already been impressive, and that he was going to get the call-up last year, before an injury. Hopefully he's just unlucky.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote