HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Nail Yakupov - Sarnia Sting, OHL (2012 Draft)

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Doomsday Device

Location: Gary Coleman's Finishing School for Doomsday Devices
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicecopter View Post
only.. Yakupov is 9 months younger than Seguin was.
That doesn't change the fact that he's in the same age group as Seguin was hockey-wise last season and so they're comparables.

Last edited by Doomsday Device: 11-01-2010 at 11:15 AM. Reason: precision
Old
11-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Tinalera

Nice to see that sort of talent from Sarnia, along with a couple of others.

Be nice to see a top 10 draft slot, like that Stamkos kid-he's doing alright

With all the talent that the Isles are ending up with from Sarnia-Matt Martin, Dibennideto, Katic-wonder if the Isles finish poorly enough to grab him in 2012?

Obviously 2 years down the road...

Old
11-01-2010, 10:10 AM
seadawg
HFBoards Sponsor

I keep saying it, but my goodness 2012 is shaping up to be a terrific draft. The high-end talent, especially with European players (many who are playing in NA, mind you), is amazing.

Yakupov
Frk
Galchenyuk
Grigorenko

Right now I think those 4 could potentially go top 10 in 2012. And Yakupov is my favorite of the bunch.

Old
11-01-2010, 10:10 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
right now he's definitely looking like a top-10 2012 pick. One thing to consider is that he is playing with some pretty good players right now and sarnia likes to play their top line in some great offensive situations.
Top ten? Right now he's contending for #1 I'd say. He's clearly top 3 at the very least.

Old
11-01-2010, 11:35 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 1500
Plus he has an awesome name.

@DubFromAbove
@Avs_Tweets
Old
11-01-2010, 12:58 PM
CAPiTA

This is basically what would have happened if a player like Kovalchuk were to play in the OHL at 16. I'm glad the euro kids are coming over to NA a bit earlier now as it can really ease their transition to the pro game.

Old
11-01-2010, 02:05 PM
pouskin74*

Quote:
right now he's definitely looking like a top-10 2012 pick. One thing to consider is that he is playing with some pretty good players right now and sarnia likes to play their top line in some great offensive situations.
if he is "just" looking like a top 10 for 2012 then i just wondering who are looking like a top 3 ?

Old
11-01-2010, 02:42 PM
TatarBashqort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Plus he has an awesome name.
i've noticed that commentators in NA are saying his name in a very wrong way

he is Turkic ethno-linguistic group man, Tatar by nation..

his name isn't Nail like Neil, it's Nhai'l (Naai'l soft "L" like in French and long "A" like British prounounce back-have or american sun-bus)

also he's a muslim which is cool imho - not much muslims playing pro hockey-) the most famous outside of NA Danis Zaripov of Ak Bars and Russian NT i guess

Old
11-01-2010, 02:46 PM
TatarBashqort

and back on topic i bet he'll be in top 3

and i want him to play in Sochi Olympian Team Russia already i can imagine he will be developing really fast if he's healthy

Old
11-01-2010, 05:16 PM
seadawg
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatarBashqort View Post
...he is Turkic ethno-linguistic group man, Tatar by nation..

his name isn't Nail like Neil, it's Nhai'l (Naai'l soft "L" like in French and long "A" like British prounounce back-have or american sun-bus)...
I didn`t understand any of that, but I will take your word for it. I have a hard time pronouncing French names, let alone some of these Russian names.

That`s cool that he is Muslim. I had no idea. I wonder how his game is affected during Ramadan. I`m sure there are many Muslim athletes in other sports (baseball, football, basketball), but I don`t follow those other sports too closely. And I don`t know of any Muslim hockey players. Very neat.

Old
11-01-2010, 06:53 PM
newfy

Quote:
He's not really playing with that great of players. Sarnia has Galchenyuk and Yakupov who are prett ymuch the only high end talent there. Guys like Kerbashian, Peters etc aren't anything that special and were playing there last season when the team was dead last.

Yakupov and Galch are special players, wouldn't be surprised to see Sarnia finally build a legit threat around these 2

Old
11-02-2010, 01:38 AM
Jean Ralphio

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadawg View Post
I didn`t understand any of that, but I will take your word for it. I have a hard time pronouncing French names, let alone some of these Russian names.

That`s cool that he is Muslim. I had no idea. I wonder how his game is affected during Ramadan. I`m sure there are many Muslim athletes in other sports (baseball, football, basketball), but I don`t follow those other sports too closely. And I don`t know of any Muslim hockey players. Very neat.
Yeah, there's been some in basketball and football, but very few in hockey. Kadri's one, and I think Ramzi Abid was too, but it's neat if Yakupov is as well.

Old
11-02-2010, 02:45 AM
TatarBashqort

Quote:

lol man, his name isn't Russian he is isn't Russian, he is Tatar from Tatarstan

check this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volga_Tatars

and this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatarstan

also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkic_peoples

just for you to see the difference there is a list of players who plays for Nail last team from MHL Reactor Nizhnekamsk it's mostly packed with local players from club system sport school i will underline names and surnames which aren't Slavs but Tatar:

Alshevski Stanislav
Alshevski Jaroslav
Berezin Maxim
Bobikov Artem
Valiev Airat
Galimov Ansel
Galimov Emil
Efremov Anton
Zabornikov Stanislav
Ivanov Maxim
Kandakov Leonid
Kanifadin Dmitriy
Kostev Ion-Georgi
Levanov Nikita
Mamedov Timur
Mansurov Ruslan
Matveev Stanislav
Mironikhin Roman
Nesterov German
Popov Sergei
Seleznev Jacov
Sergeev Andrey
Troshin Vladislav
Fattakhov Shamil
Khalikov Aivaz
Khokhryakov Peter
Shakurov Dinar
Jakhont Vsevolod
Ziazov Airat
Kulikov Pavel
underlined are tatars names and surnames

Old
11-02-2010, 03:33 AM
Garl

Nail Yakupov is probably as typical tatar name as is Mike Johnson for US.

Judging by their looks I'm sure that Kirill Petrov and Maxim Mayorov are tatars too. But they have russian names because either they are Christian or they have russian father/tatar mother.

One friend of mine has russian name but he is tatar-christian. Another has russian name but he's a tatar who's grandgrandfather changed his name during 1920-s when he run away to Middle Asia from Soviets.

Old
11-02-2010, 09:22 AM
emedshot

Where does he play? C,RW,LW? Is he playing 2-way game?

Old
11-02-2010, 10:56 AM
seadawg
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
lol man, his name isn't Russian he is isn't Russian, he is Tatar from Tatarstan

check this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volga_Tatars

and this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatarstan

also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkic_peoples
Thank you for the cultural lesson. I will admit to being very naive about such things. I had not even heard of the Tatars before.

I assume, from what I read in the links above, that his nationality will still be considered Russian and that he will play International hockey for Russia, correct?

Old
11-02-2010, 11:42 AM
TatarBashqort

Quote:
Thank you for the cultural lesson. I will admit to being very naive about such things. I had not even heard of the Tatars before.

I assume, from what I read in the links above, that his nationality will still be considered Russian and that he will play International hockey for Russia, correct?
No problem mate

his nationality is Tatar it's written on his documents which is given at birth in Russia but his citizenship is Russian, he is tatar but citizen of Russia, as well as i'm

We are second in population after Russians, mostly we're living in Volga-Ural region (originally it's our land before the conquest of Ivan The terrible and slavic intervention) but now adays tatar diaspora is spread everywhere in Russia.yes ofc everysportsmen with Russian citizenship are playing for Russia there is no Tatarstan hockey team or Tatarstan football/soccer team on paper Tatarstan and Bashqortostan(another turks nation which are sub-ethnos of Tatars - they are Bashqorts) are Republics with own goverment we have own presidents own flag and etc but still part of Russia, it's like French Canada or Scotland of UK and so on kinda independent in some ways

well yet the biggest difference between Russians and Tatar/Bashqorts is that we are turkic poeple and 95% of us are sunni muslims

sorry for off-top thou it's about Nail ethinicity)

Old
11-02-2010, 11:42 AM
hdtrax

if the Leafs can manage to hold on to a first round pick in 2012, and somehow be worse than they are now, they could have a franchise player to build around

Old
11-02-2010, 11:57 AM
bsmith14

the way 2012 is shaping up anyone in the bottom 5 could get a franchise player

frk
grigorenko
yakupov
ryan murray
nick ebert

Old
11-02-2010, 12:32 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 50
Quote:
No problem mate

his nationality is Tatar it's written on his documents which is given at birth in Russia but his citizenship is Russian, he is tatar but citizen of Russia, as well as i'm

We are second in population after Russians, mostly we're living in Volga-Ural region (originally it's our land before the conquest of Ivan The terrible and slavic intervention) but now adays tatar diaspora is spread everywhere in Russia.yes ofc everysportsmen with Russian citizenship are playing for Russia there is no Tatarstan hockey team or Tatarstan football/soccer team on paper Tatarstan and Bashqortostan(another turks nation which are sub-ethnos of Tatars - they are Bashqorts) are Republics with own goverment we have own presidents own flag and etc but still part of Russia, it's like French Canada or Scotland of UK and so on kinda independent in some ways

well yet the biggest difference between Russians and Tatar/Bashqorts is that we are turkic poeple and 95% of us are sunni muslims

sorry for off-top thou it's about Nail ethinicity)
So then is Tomas Tatar a Tatar as well? It sounds obvious, though I don't know anyone named Joe Canada so it could be a coincidence.

Old
11-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Bad ass name.

Old
11-02-2010, 01:10 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/juniorhoc...rhockey-281918

Old
11-02-2010, 01:24 PM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
So then is Tomas Tatar a Tatar as well? It sounds obvious, though I don't know anyone named Joe Canada so it could be a coincidence.
that was good one

Old
11-02-2010, 01:31 PM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith14 View Post
the way 2012 is shaping up anyone in the bottom 5 could get a franchise player

frk
grigorenko
yakupov
ryan murray
nick ebert
we will see

Old
11-02-2010, 01:35 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
what about Tom Canada and the guy is from california, cfl and bluebombers fan will recognize the name

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Canada

Closed Thread