HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Nail Yakupov - Sarnia Sting, OHL (2012 Draft)

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2011, 04:34 PM
playthetrap*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
Tying goal late, and then set up the game winner. Now leads the OHL in points and assists.
He did a very good job today at getting any call he needed to get a power play. The OHL refs are so stupid that anytime a player falls, they think there must be an infraction committed. Was held pointless without power plays.

Old
10-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Leafan519

Quote:
Originally Posted by playthetrap View Post
He did a very good job today at getting any call he needed to get a power play. The OHL refs are so stupid that anytime a player falls, they think there must be an infraction committed. Was held pointless without power plays.
Especially when a player gets blatantly hooked down when crossing the blue line like Yakupov did today. He does do a good job at drawing penalties because when he winds it up its next to impossible to stop him without yanking him down with a hook.

Old
10-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Leafan519

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
Tying goal late, and then set up the game winner. Now leads the OHL in points and assists.
Absolute howitzer upstairs to tie it up. I was sitting right against the glass in the right corner to witness it.

Old
10-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Canuck71

There were a few occasions today where Yakupov had every fan in he building on the edge of their seat, but I think everytime he touches the puck fans know something is gunna happen now. London had #21 shadowing Yakupov the entire game and trying to get under his skin but it didn't affect him. Now leading the league in points, the hype is just gunna get bigger and bigger. I really suggest fans that are looking to watch good hockey to make their way to a Sarnia or London game. Two young teams with many future NHLers.

Old
10-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Eamonn*

If Edmonton is bad again this year they should really look into drafting defensemen instead of forwards..

Old
10-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Fulcrum

I can not wait until WJC this year. Will be epic. Yakupov, Grigorenko Kuznetsov on fire now...

Old
10-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
I can not wait until WJC this year. Will be epic. Yakupov, Grigorenko Kuznetsov on fire now...
Yakupov is a lock, but it will be interesting to see if Grigorenko makes it. He's only a 1994 and Bragin prefers age and experience. The center position is stacked with candidates too.

Old
10-16-2011, 08:45 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
The officiating was pretty bad for both teams today. The Ryan Hutchinson (wearing 20) was especially terrible as he called some pretty chintzy penalties against both teams.

Max Domi and Andreas Athanasiou are very slick players for the Knights. I was especially impressed with these two.

Very good game today and watching the Tyler Ferry shadow stalk Yakupov was very interesting. I have never seen a player/coach so committed to that shadowing job.

Old
10-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Minister of Offence

filthy one timer today.

Old
10-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Lay Z Boy GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eamonn View Post
If Edmonton is bad again this year they should really look into drafting defensemen instead of forwards..
Coming from a Vancouver fan (presumably) I'll pass on that advice.

Really though, if we're drafting first and Yakupov is the BPA, we're taking him. Yakupov/Eberle on the RW would be incredible. There's also no guarantee that Hemsky is an Oiler next year considering he's going to be a UFA. There's actually no guarantee that he lasts past the trade deadline to be perfectly honest.

If it's a toss up between two players you could probably pick based on positional need. But if there's a player that's clearly better than the rest you select him and you don't trade down unless it's a steal of a deal.

Old
10-16-2011, 10:13 PM
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C

Ottawa's gonna get a heck of player...if they win the lottery

Old
10-16-2011, 10:29 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Can we fast-forward this year? Please?

Old
10-17-2011, 08:06 AM
playthetrap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
The officiating was pretty bad for both teams today. The Ryan Hutchinson (wearing 20) was especially terrible as he called some pretty chintzy penalties against both teams.

Max Domi and Andreas Athanasiou are very slick players for the Knights. I was especially impressed with these two.

Very good game today and watching the Tyler Ferry shadow stalk Yakupov was very interesting. I have never seen a player/coach so committed to that shadowing job.
I'm not complaining or using it as an excuse for a loss but it's may as well be in the rule book that a team winning the game by a large margin, or ahead by a goal in the third, must get a penalty. I never think that the refs have a conspiracy against certain teams, but it is absolutely frustrating to see them make up calls just so they can play a part in the game. I honestly think that they think they are the show out there and why fans pay $18.

Yakupov and Galchenyuk (though, he wasn't playing) are two weapons that London doesn't have of that caliber. Should be a long, successful season in Sarnia.

Old
10-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

Is there any way to watch junior hockey online? Not much coverage here in states until the Memorial Cup starts.

Old
10-17-2011, 02:55 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
I'm not complaining or using it as an excuse for a loss but it's may as well be in the rule book that a team winning the game by a large margin, or ahead by a goal in the third, must get a penalty. I never think that the refs have a conspiracy against certain teams, but it is absolutely frustrating to see them make up calls just so they can play a part in the game. I honestly think that they think they are the show out there and why fans pay $18.Yakupov and Galchenyuk (though, he wasn't playing) are two weapons that London doesn't have of that caliber. Should be a long, successful season in Sarnia.
True. There are certainly some referees out there like that which is shameful.

Max Domi looked pretty fantastic at times and could develop into a player of Galchenyuk's calibre. I was also very impressed with Athanasiou and Maatta as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf8188 View Post
Is there any way to watch junior hockey online? Not much coverage here in states until the Memorial Cup starts.
OHL Livestream has OHL Games online for purchase (around $7-8 per game or you can buy packages)

Old
10-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Happy Fan
nifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerica View Post
Can we fast-forward this year? Please?
sure, find someone to knock you out into a coma

Old
10-17-2011, 05:13 PM
4thliner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
Ottawa's gonna get a heck of player...if they win the lottery
Even if they don't they will get a heck of a player regardless. Can't go wrong at the top of this draft, especially top 2-3. You are looking at world class forwards top 3 and the next Scotty Niedermayer (as in a great offensive and defensive dman with size and blazing skating ability) or Dion Phaneuf pre-suckage. @ 4 and 5.

Old
10-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Happy Hallidays
We are the 18%

This guy is unreal

I pray for

Hall - RNH - Yakupov
Paajarvi - Gagner - Eberle

Watch us finish 5th last and win the lottery, would be the ultimate troll.

Old
10-17-2011, 08:00 PM
4thliner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Hallidays View Post
This guy is unreal

I pray for

Hall - RNH - Yakupov

Hall + RNH hugging + balloons and confetti corel in an Edmonton bar on TSN

I can already picture it

Old
10-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
This guy is unreal

I pray for

Hall - RNH - Yakupov

I would suggest that Oiler fans stay away from HF if that happens....Might even be better to keep Hall, RNH, and Eberle on the same line, and put Yaukupov with Gagner, and Paajarvi to balance it out......too soon?

Old
10-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
This guy is unreal

I pray for

Hall - RNH - Yakupov

Do Edmonton fans forget there is a Salary Cap? There is no way you could ever afford such line.

Old
10-17-2011, 09:59 PM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

lol seriously, if the oilers want a cup anytime soon it'd probably be wise to at least have a #1B dman(don't give me that whitney is a #1 dman noise, he isn't even gonna be a top pairing guy when all your guys hit their prime). Murray to the oilers, and Yakupov to the sens. #bookit
Also you'd be getting the pens treatment x 1000 if you get 1st again, 3 1sts in a row? get ready to hear about it non-stop for the next 5+ years.

Old
10-18-2011, 03:08 AM
sid49
#FreeGaza

Yakupov is projected to be the highest Muslim player to be drafted in the NHL if I am not mistaken.

Old
10-18-2011, 03:37 AM
alko

I see him already in Ottawa Senators.

Old
10-18-2011, 08:27 AM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSaiyanBeastmode View Post
lol seriously, if the oilers want a cup anytime soon it'd probably be wise to at least have a #1B dman(don't give me that whitney is a #1 dman noise, he isn't even gonna be a top pairing guy when all your guys hit their prime). Murray to the oilers, and Yakupov to the sens. #bookit
Also you'd be getting the pens treatment x 1000 if you get 1st again, 3 1sts in a row? get ready to hear about it non-stop for the next 5+ years.
Do you really think Oilers fans would care one bit about that if they got a player like Yakupov? Its not like they have any real control over it anyway. 3 first overall picks in a row or not, I think most fans would be super excited about having Hall, RNH and Yakupov on their team for the next 10+ years..

Closed Thread