HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Nail Yakupov - Sarnia Sting, OHL (2012 Draft)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-28-2011, 10:38 AM
  #926
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,896
vCash: 500
I remember Burmistrov talking about that after he was drafted. He said he (being Russian) really had to say the right things in order to gain confidence of NHL GMs.

Zine is offline  
Old
10-28-2011, 03:03 PM
  #927
TheStranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,676
vCash: 500
Current Pace: 51G, 93A, 144P

TheStranger is offline  
Old
10-28-2011, 03:59 PM
  #928
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Current Pace: 51G, 93A, 144P
His goal total is too low

MAK19 is offline  
Old
10-28-2011, 04:10 PM
  #929
TheStranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
His goal total is too low
Not sure what to tell you, it's not a guess, it's just his current output extrapolated over a season.

TheStranger is offline  
Old
10-28-2011, 06:36 PM
  #930
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Not sure what to tell you, it's not a guess, it's just his current output extrapolated over a season.
Math is just a conspiracy by the Canadian Bourgeoisie to keep Russians in their place.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline  
Old
10-28-2011, 07:35 PM
  #931
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Not sure what to tell you, it's not a guess, it's just his current output extrapolated over a season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
Math is just a conspiracy by the Canadian Bourgeoisie to keep Russians in their place.


I mean should be scoring more goals. 51 is close to what he had last year. Apparently he's the best prospect since Crosby and is already 18, he should be scoring a goal a game.

MAK19 is offline  
Old
10-28-2011, 07:44 PM
  #932
FrozenJagrt
Registered User
 
FrozenJagrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post


I mean should be scoring more goals. 51 is close to what he had last year. Apparently he's the best prospect since Crosby and is already 18, he should be scoring a goal a game.
Best since Crosby doesn't mean equal to.

FrozenJagrt is offline  
Old
10-28-2011, 07:50 PM
  #933
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace14 View Post
Best since Crosby doesn't mean equal to.
Well he is almost a year older than Crosby in his draft year and even Kane scored a goal a game in his draft year. Is it not reasonable to expect an improvement over last year where he had 49g in 65 games?

MAK19 is offline  
Old
10-28-2011, 08:22 PM
  #934
FrozenJagrt
Registered User
 
FrozenJagrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
Well he is almost a year older than Crosby in his draft year and even Kane scored a goal a game in his draft year. Is it not reasonable to expect an improvement over last year where he had 49g in 65 games?
Different circumstances. The kid's numbers are stellar either way

FrozenJagrt is offline  
Old
10-29-2011, 09:32 PM
  #935
WarriorofTime
Registered User
 
WarriorofTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,624
vCash: 500
I can't wait to see what this kid has to offer in the World Juniors. I hope TSN (and thus NHLN) show the Russia-Sweden preliminary game so we don't have to wait until the knockout stage to see this kid and others play.

WarriorofTime is offline  
Old
10-30-2011, 04:59 AM
  #936
TheStranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
Well he is almost a year older than Crosby in his draft year and even Kane scored a goal a game in his draft year. Is it not reasonable to expect an improvement over last year where he had 49g in 65 games?
I would say adding 40 assists in 65 games is more impressive than adding 10 more goals(not that that's out of the question either). Especially when you consider he doesn't have two potential top line NHL players with him (Like Kane did with Gagner and Kostitsyn)

TheStranger is offline  
Old
10-30-2011, 05:16 PM
  #937
YogiCanucks
Registered User
 
YogiCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post


I mean should be scoring more goals. 51 is close to what he had last year. Apparently he's the best prospect since Crosby and is already 18, he should be scoring a goal a game.
I thought the best prospect since Crosby was RNH?!?!

YogiCanucks is offline  
Old
10-30-2011, 05:28 PM
  #938
SidGenoMario
Registered User
 
SidGenoMario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
I remember Burmistrov talking about that after he was drafted. He said he (being Russian) really had to say the right things in order to gain confidence of NHL GMs.
Oh God, I don't think it's possible to be unhappy if Alyonka Larionov is "guiding" you.

SidGenoMario is offline  
Old
10-30-2011, 05:36 PM
  #939
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 17,645
vCash: 293
I saw Yakupov play today and I was a bit disappointed. The Knights had Tyler Ferry covering him the entire game (literally like a shadow) so I knew it would be hard for him to get a lot of good chances, but I was still expecting more. I only recall 1 good chance by him and it was an offside play. I just kinda wish he used his speed more because he can really fly when he takes off. Or at least try to make something out of nothing more often. He did do a good job of keeping his cool as it would be very easy to get frustrated today, did pick up an assist, and made good passes. Missed his shootout attempt as well. The fact that they had to cover him so hard today did open up chances for his teamates though.

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
10-30-2011, 07:11 PM
  #940
rick3652
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Current Pace: 51G, 93A, 144P
is that over 68 games? he will not play 68 games as he will be at WJC. Also he will not keep this pace

rick3652 is offline  
Old
10-30-2011, 07:38 PM
  #941
playthetrap*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
I saw Yakupov play today and I was a bit disappointed. The Knights had Tyler Ferry covering him the entire game (literally like a shadow) so I knew it would be hard for him to get a lot of good chances, but I was still expecting more. I only recall 1 good chance by him and it was an offside play. I just kinda wish he used his speed more because he can really fly when he takes off. Or at least try to make something out of nothing more often. He did do a good job of keeping his cool as it would be very easy to get frustrated today, did pick up an assist, and made good passes. Missed his shootout attempt as well. The fact that they had to cover him so hard today did open up chances for his teamates though.
As a London fan, it was awesome. Ferry did not even care about the flow of the game or the puck. He was always inches from Yakupov. Sting basically had 4 players out there when Yakupov was on the ice. They could not get the puck to him and it really interuptted their transition.

playthetrap* is offline  
Old
10-31-2011, 11:30 AM
  #942
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by playthetrap View Post
As a London fan, it was awesome. Ferry did not even care about the flow of the game or the puck. He was always inches from Yakupov. Sting basically had 4 players out there when Yakupov was on the ice. They could not get the puck to him and it really interuptted their transition.
The Knights basically had 4 players out there too

From guys I've talked to (didn't see the game), Nail didn't expose Ferry like he did when he was shadowing him in Sarnia. Yakupov simply used his speed to separate from Ferry (in Sarnia) but it sounds like Nail didn't take that approach in this game. Most people I talked to said that Nail played probably one of his worst games of the season last night. Kudos to Ferry for a job well done.

dean youngblood82 is offline  
Old
10-31-2011, 02:00 PM
  #943
Hockeysemin
Registered User
 
Hockeysemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,063
vCash: 500
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/juniorhoc...rhockey-wp3138

Interesting is this common in canadian juniors?

Hockeysemin is offline  
Old
11-02-2011, 06:26 PM
  #944
FatKid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by playthetrap View Post
As a London fan, it was awesome. Ferry did not even care about the flow of the game or the puck. He was always inches from Yakupov. Sting basically had 4 players out there when Yakupov was on the ice. They could not get the puck to him and it really interuptted their transition.
How Ferry didn't get called for interference or holding on just about every shift is beyond me...Yakapov couldn't even take a step - he had Ferry holding, slashing, roughing, etc. him. There should have been 15-20 more powerplays for the Sting that game, but the refs seemed to turn a blind eye to the whole thing.

FatKid is offline  
Old
11-02-2011, 06:32 PM
  #945
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatKid View Post
How Ferry didn't get called for interference or holding on just about every shift is beyond me...Yakapov couldn't even take a step - he had Ferry holding, slashing, roughing, etc. him. There should have been 15-20 more powerplays for the Sting that game, but the refs seemed to turn a blind eye to the whole thing.
This. I was there and Ferry did a great job but it's a lot easier when you're playing under a different set of rules.

bruinsfan46 is offline  
Old
11-03-2011, 09:33 PM
  #946
Homesick
Registered User
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,706
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
I thought the best prospect since Crosby was RNH?!?!
Wrong. Nugent-Hopkins is too skinny for the NHL, and his game is not suited for the NHL.







RoM

Homesick is offline  
Old
11-04-2011, 02:34 AM
  #947
emedshot
Registered User
 
emedshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
He is player of the month on OHL site

emedshot is offline  
Old
11-04-2011, 05:47 AM
  #948
Bad News Bears
MACHADO ABOUT NOTHIN
 
Bad News Bears's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 3,578
vCash: 500
I'm excited about this cat.

Bad News Bears is online now  
Old
11-04-2011, 01:32 PM
  #949
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain
 
Jerry Lundegaard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,033
vCash: 500
Is it safe to say that he is the most hyped pre-draft prospect since Crosby?


Will McKinnon surpass Yakupov in hype the following year??

Jerry Lundegaard is offline  
Old
11-04-2011, 03:17 PM
  #950
FrozenJagrt
Registered User
 
FrozenJagrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Lundegaard View Post
Is it safe to say that he is the most hyped pre-draft prospect since Crosby?


Will McKinnon surpass Yakupov in hype the following year??
John Tavares.

FrozenJagrt is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.