HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Nail Yakupov - Sarnia Sting, OHL (2012 Draft)

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2011, 09:08 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
To save another argument about the pronounciation of his name, Yakupov himself has stated several times that he is fine with and will go with the "Nail" (like in woodworking) to make things easier.

Old
11-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Grigo25*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
To save another argument about the pronounciation of his name, Yakupov himself has stated several times that he is fine with and will go with the "Nail" (like in woodworking) to make things easier.
His groupie Alyonka pronounces it Na-eel.

Old
11-15-2011, 10:00 AM
TheNextOneX

The guy is a muslim.

I don't think is in the same mold as the big 4 though.

Old
11-19-2011, 07:27 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Anyone know why Yakupov isn't playing tonight in Saginaw?

Old
11-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Leafan519

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Anyone know why Yakupov isn't playing tonight in Saginaw?
He took a head check last night but finished the game and looked fine (scored another goal). Probably just woke up today with a sore neck or something hopefully. It is a bit concerning though.

Old
11-24-2011, 12:13 AM
ThundaLion

It's interesting to see the hype for Yakupov die down on here. He has 8 points in his last 3 games, yet Grigorenko (who I'm also a huge fan of) seems to be taking over. Thoughts? Is this another example like Seguin catching up to Hall, Huberdeau catching up to RNH?

Old
11-24-2011, 12:39 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
People know what they have in Yakupov. He has nothing else to prove. Grigorenko is the new hot thing and most people hadn't seen him play before his time in the Q.

It's not a Couturier situation where people are just unfairly picking his game apart because he's been atop the rankings for so long. He's still #1.

Old
11-24-2011, 01:12 AM
iceless
-`ღ-

I've been pronouncing his name 'Ny-el'. Meh...

Old
11-24-2011, 01:45 AM
Bleeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grigo25 View Post
I really think Grigo is the better NHL prospect. Yakupov too cute for my liking
Yakupov is better and will go 1st overall . He is more skilled and explosive, and for what i saw , he can hit and play really well defensively .

Old
11-24-2011, 03:27 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeker View Post
Yakupov is better and will go 1st overall . He is more skilled and explosive, and for what i saw , he can hit and play really well defensively .
no way

Old
11-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Grigo25*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeker View Post
Yak won't be hitting liek that in LNH

Old
11-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Grigo25*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
People know what they have in Yakupov. He has nothing else to prove. Grigorenko is the new hot thing and most people hadn't seen him play before his time in the Q.

It's not a Couturier situation where people are just unfairly picking his game apart because he's been atop the rankings for so long. He's still #1.
Coturier wasn't unfairly picked on. he is just not great

Old
11-24-2011, 09:32 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Great return for Yakupov tonight factoring in on all of Sarnia's goals with 2 Gs, 1A and scoring in the shootout.

Good to see him back in the lineup. It's a good thing for the OHL and the 2012 NHL Draft.

Old
11-24-2011, 10:01 PM
rick3652

Quote:
Great return for Yakupov tonight factoring in on all of Sarnia's goals with 2 Gs, 1A and scoring in the shootout.

Good to see him back in the lineup. It's a good thing for the OHL and the 2012 NHL Draft.
did you watch the game? i did, he did not assist on the last goal but Home team helping him out with a point that he should not have. If you do not believe me look at the replays of the last goal if you can

Old
11-25-2011, 12:02 AM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3652 View Post
did you watch the game? i did, he did not assist on the last goal but Home team helping him out with a point that he should not have. If you do not believe me look at the replays of the last goal if you can
Conspiracy

Old
11-25-2011, 12:10 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThundaLion View Post
It's interesting to see the hype for Yakupov die down on here. He has 8 points in his last 3 games, yet Grigorenko (who I'm also a huge fan of) seems to be taking over. Thoughts? Is this another example like Seguin catching up to Hall, Huberdeau catching up to RNH?
Probably because Grigorenko was ranked a top in the latest rankings.. From my limited viewings I think Grigorenko looks like he has more skill but Yakupov is more of a force. Yakupov is still really skilled though.. Granted I've seen them for about 3 games each

Old
11-25-2011, 12:29 AM
tfong

Its turning into the Seguin vs Hall debate!

Old
11-25-2011, 01:06 AM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
Not sure why Grigorenko is considered more skilled.

Yakupov is as skilled as any 1st overall pick since Crosby. His hands are out of this world.

Old
11-25-2011, 03:25 AM
rick3652

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Conspiracy
Helping him get more points to try to win the scoring title and help his draft order.

Old
11-25-2011, 09:24 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3652 View Post
Yes I was at the game LIVE sitting right behind the net when they scored. The OHL scoring stats are monitored by OHL executives so if they say he got an assist and he didnt then it will be corrected. Either way, it was a second assist that Yakupov was credited with and it was from throwing the puck back to the point so it could've been him and it might not have been. Initially, no one was credited with the 2nd assist but it was added later on leaving me to think the OHL execs took a look at the play again and awarded the assist to the right guy. I won't second guess their stat until i see the replay myself.

Mistakes are made all the time so they could've got it wrong as they do in every league.

I am not sure why but there seems to be a lot of hate for Yakupov in the Grigorenko vs. Yakupov debate. Everyone should just enjoy the battle. When it comes down to it, the NHL team with 1st overall will select the player who best fits their plan as Grigorenko and Yakupov are both elite forward talents but they play VERY differently so that will likely influence who gets selected first.

Old
11-25-2011, 10:21 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
Not sure why Grigorenko is considered more skilled.

Yakupov is as skilled as any 1st overall pick since Crosby. His hands are out of this world.
Yakupov's got more a dynamic quality because he pushes the pace of the game. When I watched Yakupov and the Russians up high in Ottawa a couple weeks ago the puck movement and pace just increased as soon as he got on the ice. Grigo's got those ridiculously soft hands, and he kinda slows it down and sees the ice.

Skill wise I put Yak on top but it's not a far reach to Grigo at all. The puck sticks to Grigo's stick more.

Ovechkin vs Malkin in skill level, it's a little bit similar IMO. You'll have many on either side.

Old
11-25-2011, 10:28 AM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

New Thread: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1038411

11-25-2011, 11:35 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Fail for Nail, baby.

Old
11-25-2011, 12:03 PM
rick3652

Quote:
Yes I was at the game LIVE sitting right behind the net when they scored. The OHL scoring stats are monitored by OHL executives so if they say he got an assist and he didnt then it will be corrected. Either way, it was a second assist that Yakupov was credited with and it was from throwing the puck back to the point so it could've been him and it might not have been. Initially, no one was credited with the 2nd assist but it was added later on leaving me to think the OHL execs took a look at the play again and awarded the assist to the right guy. I won't second guess their stat until i see the replay myself.

Mistakes are made all the time so they could've got it wrong as they do in every league.

I am not sure why but there seems to be a lot of hate for Yakupov in the Grigorenko vs. Yakupov debate. Everyone should just enjoy the battle. When it comes down to it, the NHL team with 1st overall will select the player who best fits their plan as Grigorenko and Yakupov are both elite forward talents but they play VERY differently so that will likely influence who gets selected first.
I do not hate Yakupov i think he is a good player what i hate is home teams giving second assists to players that did not get it. Yakupov was in front of the net Thompson got the puck behind the net sent it to the point who scored. Yakupov never touch it on that play. Also the team does the offical scoring once the game if final any changes has to be done by the OHL.

Last year Strome had a lot of these assists when he did not touch the puck. Look at the replay. I was watching it and i had the PVR on and back it up many times. He never touch the puck. Also Barrie wins but Sarina gets first and third star. that is wrong.

Last edited by rick3652: 11-25-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old
11-25-2011, 02:06 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Unfortunately the replay on the Sting's 3rd goal doesn't show any enough footage to see who passed the puck to Basso so I will take your word.

As for the 3 Stars, do you really care about who gets the "Three Stars". If I am a visiting team there's no way I place any emphasis on who gets them. 3 stars are for the fans who payed to see the game. In saying that, Maxwell (stopped 35 shots and a ton of big saves to keep the sting in it), Schiefele and Yakupov were definitely the best players last night. If I were giving stars out I would've went:

1. Schiefele
2. Maxwell
3. Yakupov
HM: Telegin

Closed Thread