HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Cats fans pick...

Old
10-07-2010, 03:25 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarFLA View Post
I googled "explain yourself" and that guy came up.
I thought so....the face I make at slower drivers...lol! I can't argue, wish I could, but can't.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 03:30 PM
asleepinthechapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post

DID YOU JUST REFER TO EMINGER AS AN UPGRADE...???

Now I ask-have YOU ever watched a Ra...HOCKEY GAME?

I know you have.

...but no I don't even watch hockey. It's stupid. Basketball is way more exciting.
(What am I doing here??? AHHH!)
Eminger > Redden, especially when taking salary cap into account.
Redden belongs in the AHL, if that.

asleepinthechapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Holy Jokinen

Vancouver and Detroit battle in the West. Caps/Boston and Pens battle it out in the East.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 07:00 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Vancouver and Detroit battle in the West. Caps/Boston and Pens battle it out in the East.
I'm with this prediction but Boston will be out because they will get hit with the injury bug to key scorers. (Horton?)

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Pens

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Gudbranson4Prez
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Caps

Gudbranson4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 08:56 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleepinthechapel View Post
Eminger > Redden, especially when taking salary cap into account.
Redden belongs in the AHL, if that.
Yeah, well cap wise, yes ANYONE > Redden...
...but not playing wise. I'd rather neither of them be seen on any of my teams.
Eminger and Redden are completely equal in that they don't provide anything but a liability to whoever's in net(for their own team).

MR- Not a terrible choice by any means, but don't you think they're missing a couple key pieces?
(That would probably be addressed TDL though, as TimHortons said)

...and the Caps are a few pieces away. They are in need of Larmer type diggers, and for the non Ovechkin scoring talent to grow some pairs.

...funny- 'Kane and Toews','Kane and Toews', 'Kane and Toews'...now that Byf's gone, nobody's picking them.

Which is more enigmatic, given their (not so?)obvious value: Halak or Byfuglien leaving their team?

Old
10-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
Yeah, well cap wise, yes ANYONE > Redden...
...but not playing wise. I'd rather neither of them be seen on any of my teams.
Eminger and Redden are completely equal in that they don't provide anything but a liability to whoever's in net(for their own team).

MR- Not a terrible choice by any means, but don't you think they're missing a couple key pieces?
(That would probably be addressed TDL though, as TimHortons said)

...and the Caps are a few pieces away. They are in need of Larmer type diggers, and for the non Ovechkin scoring talent to grow some pairs.

...funny- 'Kane and Toews','Kane and Toews', 'Kane and Toews'...now that Byf's gone, nobody's picking them.

Which is more enigmatic, given their (not so?)obvious value: Halak or Byfuglien leaving their team?
Yeah, or they could also bring up Tangradi during the season and he could have a big rookie year too. Letestu also had a great camp for them. I don't think their winger situation is that critical though, they've already proved that they don't need great talent on the wing to win the Cup. Plus they beefed up their D this offseason, it's among the best in the game now. The loss of Gonchar is big, although really it's the loss of Gonchar from a couple years ago that hurts, he'll probably start declining soon. However I think Letang and Gogo could pick up most of the slack. In any case, their D is a lot better than when they won 2 years ago. If Fleury has another good playoff run, they could for sure win it again.

Not that they are some huge powerhouse. But I just look around the league this year and I'm not that impressed. Nobody really stands out. Can San Jose do it? Maybe, but I'm still not impressed by their defense. I won't believe in the Caps until they address their defense and like you said get grittier and tighten up their team D. I was shocked that they didn't address their D at all this summer. They can score all the goals they want in the regular season, it doesn't mean squat in the playoffs. The Devils look pretty solid, but I'm just not sure how much Brodeur has left in the tank, they gotta start resting him too. The Pens have just as good a shot as anybody.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 10:56 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Yeah, or they could also bring up Tangradi during the season and he could have a big rookie year too. Letestu also had a great camp for them. I don't think their winger situation is that critical though, they've already proved that they don't need great talent on the wing to win the Cup. Plus they beefed up their D this offseason, it's among the best in the game now. The loss of Gonchar is big, although really it's the loss of Gonchar from a couple years ago that hurts, he'll probably start declining soon. However I think Letang and Gogo could pick up most of the slack. In any case, their D is a lot better than when they won 2 years ago. If Fleury has another good playoff run, they could for sure win it again.
Grit or lack there of is surely going to determine the story of this team...skill sure ain't the problem. They really should be a dynasty as we speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Not that they are some huge powerhouse. But I just look around the league this year and I'm not that impressed. Nobody really stands out. Can San Jose do it? Maybe, but I'm still not impressed by their defense. I won't believe in the Caps until they address their defense and like you said get grittier and tighten up their team D. I was shocked that they didn't address their D at all this summer. They can score all the goals they want in the regular season, it doesn't mean squat in the playoffs. The Devils look pretty solid, but I'm just not sure how much Brodeur has left in the tank, they gotta start resting him too. The Pens have just as good a shot as anybody.
Me too. Lack of deals from Washington, a team that's an asshair away from raising the cup, did nothing. Shouldn't they have done the deal ATL did??? They could've gotten rid of the guys they knew weren't cutting it, while still keeping S, B, and G. If S, B, and G are going to be poosees, they should get guys next to them who are far from it. Maybe we'll end up giving some up to Washington at years end. We already made Vancouver and Boston better...

...why won't anyone touch Sykora?