HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Erik Cole available.

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2004, 12:04 PM
leafaholix*

vCash: 500
Erik Cole available.

Leafs Lunch says Vancouver, Philadelphia, and possibly New York (R) are interested.

Anothing team was mentioned, but I don't remember. I believe it was Colorado.

Old
01-23-2004, 12:10 PM
CRUNK JUICE

Send a message via AIM to CRUNK JUICE
I really doubt Eric Cole is on the block. He's definitely part of Carolina's long term plans.

Old
01-23-2004, 12:10 PM
Cayouche5

vCash: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
Leafs Lunch says Vancouver, Philadelphia, and possibly New York (R) are interested.

I gope if he's really available Montreal will make a good oofers he's what the habs need TOP6 Players with grit even if I think Ryder is become that type of player ( not like Cole but still gritty ) Cole will be a nice fit with Ribeiro or Koivu. I don't want to make an offer but some Prospects can be avilable.

Old
01-23-2004, 12:11 PM
Mike8

Why would Carolina move him?

I know they've said they want to shuffle their forwards around, but I had thought they wanted to dump some salary and go with a young, hard working group. Cole seems to fit there.

Old
01-23-2004, 12:13 PM
The Kitner Boy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by go pierre hedin

I am sure there would be plenty of interest in Cole. I really hope they don't move him, but after seeing the Markov trade I guess anything is possible.

Old
01-23-2004, 12:14 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
The same Leaf's Lunch that said Jeff O'Neill was for sure to be traded within twenty-four hours? I think i'll reserve judgement on this. Erik Cole is a hot commodity around the league and i'm not so sure he's going to be moving yet.

Old
01-23-2004, 12:17 PM
Spezza

Leafslunch better start delivering. It's starting to look a lot worse than Garrioch.

Old
01-23-2004, 12:25 PM
leafaholix*

Leafs Lunch is the same radio show that announced the Bondra to Senators situation that every other station and paper are reporting. We'll see whether that deal goes through or not, but Bill Watters still has plenty of connections in the NHL.

Old
01-23-2004, 12:40 PM
Reign Nateo

It was also reported on 1040 in Vancouver that the Canucks had heavy interest in Cole.

He is overrated in my opinion.

Old
01-23-2004, 12:44 PM
Volcanologist
Used Register

I am a Leaf fan, but Watters has been wrong about almost 100% of the things he says on that show.

Old
01-23-2004, 12:44 PM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
I'd be a bit surprised to see Cole on the move. Yes, he is a bit overrated but he does all the little things that make a quality NHL'er and he can put up a decent amount of points. He's a decent second liner, excellent third line player.

Old
01-23-2004, 01:07 PM
Spezza

Well lets wait and see if it the Bondra thing happens first

Old
01-23-2004, 01:13 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

THE LATEST ON THE BLUES.

HADLEYONSPORTS.COM: St. Louis area sports reporter John Hadley claims the St. Louis Blues were in "legit negotiations" with the Carolina Hurricanes, possibly for winger Jeff O'Neill. Hadley suggested the Hurricanes acquisiton of Justin Williams might hasten O'Neill's departure.The Blues were also interested in forward Erik Cole but was told he wasn't available. The Blues may also have interest in veteran defenceman Glen Wesley. Hadley also claimed the Blues were interested in Islanders forward Dave Scatchard and defenceman Roman Hamrlik and have made inquiries regarding Blackhawks centre Alexei Zhamnov.

Old
01-23-2004, 01:47 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Vancouver's interested in Cole was reported on the TEAM 1040 yesterday. I don't doubt these teams are interested in him, but would they be willing to pay the price that Carolina would ask?

He may be a tad overrated, but he'd still be great here in Vancouver.

~Canucklehead~

01-23-2004, 02:02 PM
nathan

I think just about any playoff-contending team would like to have him.

But considering Markov got J.Williams, I'd say whoever gets Cole (if that actually occurs), will be giving up quite a bit.

Old
01-23-2004, 02:19 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
I would be shocked if Cole was traded

Old
01-23-2004, 03:27 PM
Takeo

Leafs Lunch, huh. The name itself is vile.

Old
01-23-2004, 04:10 PM
bleedgreen

this thread has no validity to it. of course teams are calling about cole-theyre just doing their job in case carolina is in a fire sale(which theyre not). if the canes rebuild-he is only 24. if they DID firesale-he makes only about 575k a year, hardly a strain on the resources. if they inexplicably started trading for a "playoff" run-he is arguably their best playoff player. these are the only possible scenarios i can think of for them to be moving players, someone explain to me thereasoning behind trading him, please. if they are rebuilding and or cutting fat from the payroll, wouldnt brindy, ward, wesley, hill, boughner, francis(never, but he is retiring soon), and boughner be the guys going? no your right, trade the 24 year old inexpensive core pieces . go pierre, i swear its like you guys start this stuff just to pick on canes fans-dont we have enough troubles?

Old
01-23-2004, 04:13 PM
Peter Griffin

I'd like to see the Canucks acquired Cole, but I don't see why the Canes would want to move him? If they did move him, they'd probably be asking too much in return. This rumour doesn't make much sense, unless they are stories behind the scene that nobody hear knows...

Old
01-23-2004, 04:16 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen
i swear its like you guys start this stuff just to pick on canes fans-dont we have enough troubles?
you guys??

the rumour came from media sources, not fans here...

it was reported on fan 1040 here that vancouver is one of a few teams that have had talks about Cole.

I agree with you that it makes no sense to deal Cole, but don't blame the fans here for it ...

Old
01-23-2004, 04:32 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO
you guys??

the rumour came from media sources, not fans here...

it was reported on fan 1040 here that vancouver is one of a few teams that have had talks about Cole.

I agree with you that it makes no sense to deal Cole, but don't blame the fans here for it ...
easy chief, many threads including this one have questioned the validity of the supposed aforementioned media source "leafs lunch". the same show said that jeff oneill would undoubtedly be traded in 48 hours, time was up a couple of days ago. just because a radio show says it doesnt qualify it. in fact, do radio shows count as "valid sources" for these posts? i was under the impression anything that wasnt termed proposal required a link beside it? who onthe radio show said it? i could get a radio show and say bertuzzi was available-does that mean anything? i would think some common sense should be involved somewhere in here, but i suspect my cries will fall on deaf ears, after all someone on the radio said....

Old
01-23-2004, 04:38 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
just because a radio show says it doesnt qualify it. in fact, do radio shows count as "valid sources" for these posts? i was under the impression anything that wasnt termed proposal required a link beside it? who onthe radio show said it? i could get a radio show and say bertuzzi was available-does that mean anything? i would think some common sense should be involved somewhere in here, but i suspect my cries will fall on deaf ears, after all someone on the radio said....
I believe the "rule" on this board is if a radio program suggests that a player is available, at least three posters have to validify that the program actually reported the rumour. We have at least 4 respected posters who have said that either "Leafs Lunch" or the team1040 in Vancouver stated that there are teams incquiring about Cole.

Old
01-23-2004, 04:44 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
I believe the "rule" on this board is if a radio program suggests that a player is available, at least three posters have to validify that the program actually reported the rumour. We have at least 4 respected posters who have said that either "Leafs Lunch" or the team1040 in Vancouver stated that there are teams incquiring about Cole.
my original post said i agree completely that teams are inquiring, i agree that they should ask-but it also seems common sense that he isnt going anywhere. i asked about the rule because i wasnt sure of it-for that thanks for the info. do youthink this show has validity? it doesnt have a great track record for what i have read.

Old
01-23-2004, 04:49 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
easy chief, many threads including this one have questioned the validity of the supposed aforementioned media source "leafs lunch". the same show said that jeff oneill would undoubtedly be traded in 48 hours, time was up a couple of days ago. just because a radio show says it doesnt qualify it. in fact, do radio shows count as "valid sources" for these posts? i was under the impression anything that wasnt termed proposal required a link beside it? who onthe radio show said it? i could get a radio show and say bertuzzi was available-does that mean anything? i would think some common sense should be involved somewhere in here, but i suspect my cries will fall on deaf ears, after all someone on the radio said....
it's got nothing to do with it... I'm not suggesting that this has any chance of happening or is realistic in any way... I even said that it doesn't make sense for the Canes to deal Cole to begin with.

What I'm arguing about is what you said in your post"

"i swear its like you guys start this stuff just to pick on canes fans-dont we have enough troubles?"

to me I read it like you think that people in this thread who are talking about Cole are starting these rumours - which simply isn't true.

This is a rumours board, and rumours are talked about all the time... whether you agree with it or not, people are talking about Cole... but I don't think it's fair to the participants in this thread to say they started anything here.

I agree that media is usually lost when it comes to rumours ... Leafs lunch talk seems like a total joke to me... 90+% of what gets said on any Fan Radio across canada also usually amounts to crap... just like all the links from sportsnet to espn to tsn etc - they're all media sources that rely more on speculation than legitimacy...

still don't take it personally nor blame others here for talking about it just cause you don't like the deal.... should be used to it by now... losing/struggling teams are always going to be rumoured to give up any one on their rosters whether it makes sense or not.

Old
01-23-2004, 04:52 PM
Mathletic

I know a team in Quebec that ought to be interested

Closed Thread