HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Opening Night: Ducks @ Red Wings 10/08/10 4:30PM PST Prime (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2010, 05:59 AM
Takao
kesbae

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
(Despite being worthless in the face off circle too, Marchant won 2 out of 12.. ouch.)
Yikes. He's better than that, hopefully he doesn't become useless. Just a first game though

Old
10-09-2010, 07:19 AM
5minsforfighting

Lets not judge our season already.... this was just one game. I believe we will be capable to put a lot of teams to test, but like I said in another thread, with defense like it is now, there is no way we will make playoffs. Just cant see that happening.

On positive note - last season we lost games and didnt do anything about it. At least now there were emotions flying and we didnt put heads down for punishment. We forced Wings to fight

Old
10-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5minsforfighting View Post
Lets not judge our season already.... this was just one game. I believe we will be capable to put a lot of teams to test, but like I said in another thread, with defense like it is now, there is no way we will make playoffs. Just cant see that happening.

On positive note - last season we lost games and didnt do anything about it. At least now there were emotions flying and we didnt put heads down for punishment. We forced Wings to fight
No way, it's way cooler to decide the season after the opening game against one of the best teams in the league in their home opener.

Like someone else said, the results don't exactly tell the whole story. After the first ten minutes, the Ducks settled down and played well defensively IMO and controlled the puck at least as much as Detroit. However, unlike Detroit, Anaheim's strategy isn't shoot from everywhere (sometimes a bad thing). Detroit is awesome at scoring those high deflection goals (3rd goal), while Anaheim prefers to cycle the puck until the opposition gets tired and they open up a lane for a quality scoring chance. Ryan had a few chances, probably 1 goal and Detroit's 4th goal shouldn't have counted.

The Wings were definitely the better team, no doubt about that, but that's no surprise, they're probably one of the best teams in the league and they're always extremely tough at home. After the first two goals though, the Ducks defensive structure was much better and they kept most of Detroit's shots to the outside.

The one change I would make though, is to put Ryan on the second line and either Blake or Belesky on the first line. That second line needs someone with size who can control the puck, at least until the old dudes on that line get up to speed, as I think it'll take them a bit longer to really get going.

All in all I don't think the Ducks were that bad, I think it really came down to Detroit capitalizing on their chances and the Ducks failing on their chances (Mikkelson, Ryan x2, Getzlaf, Brookbank). Also not getting one PP chance didn't help either.

Edit: An applause should also be given to HFboards main board, for never ceasing to amaze after a Ducks Vs. Wings game/Perry incident. The subsequent ****storm that was started after that fight, is some of their best work to date. I just hope Perry is okay after that pummeling he received from the great Pavel Datsyuk, god speed Corey.

Last edited by Vinegar Strokes: 10-09-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old
10-09-2010, 10:46 AM
rocsfeather
jump

I loved how Datsyuk laid low for a long time before taking another punch. Also i'm tired of Datsyuk hugging/choking our players any time there's a scrum.

Ugh I hate the Wings so much.

Old
10-09-2010, 11:24 AM
190Octane

Maybe we will get lucky in a few weeks and Beleskey will go after Zetterberg for that blind side pick, Beleskey can throw them better than most on the team, that's for sure.

It's fitting that a team called the red wings are a bunch of vags. They are like 1st grade teachers where Pavel gets a medal just for showing up to the fight.

Old
10-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Cruiser008

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
we have the dumbest hockey team with the lowest hockey IQ in the entire league.
Quoted out of context for hilarity and insult.

P.S. Can we have Selanne? We need more experience on the team methinks.

Old
10-09-2010, 12:19 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Anyone else also see Kronwall try to pull one of his jumping hits at the blue line on Beleskey, only to just fall on his ass?

Old
10-09-2010, 01:01 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
Anyone else also see Kronwall try to pull one of his jumping hits at the blue line on Beleskey, only to just fall on his ass?
Yes, I had to laugh out loud in front of the Detroit fans for that one. By then I'd taking so much crap from the degenerates I didn't care about being a respectful road fan.

Old
10-09-2010, 01:08 PM
rocsfeather
jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckaroosky View Post
Yes, I had to laugh out loud in front of the Detroit fans for that one. By then I'd taking so much crap from the degenerates I didn't care about being a respectful road fan.
Don't worry about that ever at JLA. Detroit penalties are a personal attack to the fans and loudly booing a call late in a 4-0 game is crazy.

Also a little pet peeve is how many die hards can't pronounce their captain's name properly.

Closed Thread