HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF NYR Board Mock Draft (Pick #7)

View Poll Results: Who Will Florida Take at #7?
Robbie Schremp 11 23.40%
Alexander Radulov 3 6.38%
Alexandre Picard 2 4.26%
AJ Thelen 18 38.30%
Al Montoya 1 2.13%
Marek Schwarz 1 2.13%
Drew Stafford 5 10.64%
Ladislav Smid 0 0%
Wojtek Wolski 5 10.64%
Other (Please Specify in a Reply) 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Draft Guru

vCash: 500
HF NYR Board Mock Draft (Pick #7)

1. Washington - Alexander Ovechkin (100%)
2. Pittsburgh - Evgeni Malkin (100%)
3. Chicago - Cam Barker (54.90%)
4. Columbus - Rostislav Olesz (41.07%)
5. Phoenix - Andrew Ladd (35.42%)
6. New York Rangers Lauri Tukonen (45.61%)
7. Florida Panthers

Wow, interesting turnout for the Rangers pick, IMO. I thought almost everyone wanted Thelen if Barker, Olesz and Ladd were gone, but the people have spoken and they would rather have Tukonen or Schremp before Thelen. Pretty interesting.

Anyway, on to Florida. The big five forwards are off the board. Florida can go for the BPA since they're deep in all areas. Radulov? Stafford? Picard? Thelen? Schremp? Let's find out!

Thread will close at 9:00 PM EST Tonight.

Old
06-10-2004, 02:11 PM
DarthSather99

Glad to see Ranger fans know talent when they see it .....

Old
06-10-2004, 02:24 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Florida may trade down. I heard they are interested in Chipchura & Wes O'neil.

Old
06-10-2004, 02:37 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
1. Washington - Alexander Ovechkin (100%)
2. Pittsburgh - Evgeni Malkin (100%)
3. Chicago - Cam Barker (54.90%)
4. Columbus - Rostislav Olesz (41.07%)
5. Phoenix - Andrew Ladd (35.42%)
6. New York Rangers Lauri Tukonen (45.61%)
7. Florida Panthers

Wow, interesting turnout for the Rangers pick, IMO. I thought almost everyone wanted Thelen if Barker, Olesz and Ladd were gone, but the people have spoken and they would rather have Tukonen or Schremp before Thelen. Pretty interesting.
This is where these polls become a little erroneous. There is no way that Tukonen will be the Rangers pick. Just like there is probably no way that Columbus does not get either Barker or Ladd.

Old
06-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
This is where these polls become a little erroneous. There is no way that Tukonen will be the Rangers pick. Just like there is probably no way that Columbus does not get either Barker or Ladd.
I'm with you, I doubt Sather takes Tukonen or Schremp. They're just not his kind of players, IMO.

Old
06-10-2004, 04:13 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Why wouldn't the Rangers pick Tukonen? He's a potential PF who plays tough, plays well along the boards and in fron of the net, can score, has character and is a solid 2 way player...He is a Ranger type player if Sather goes with past trends and I can easily see the Rangers taking him under certain conditions..

Do I think the draft will play out this way? No..But if it did, Tukonen makes more sense then anybody right here...(Even if I would go with Radulov or Thelen)

Old
06-10-2004, 04:16 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Why wouldn't the Rangers pick Tukonen?

Do I think the draft will play out this way? No..But if it did, Tukonen makes more sense then anybody right here...(Even if I would go with Radulov or Thelen)
Just a gut feeling, nothing more Larry. Sather does not have a track record of drafting Fins in the first round. Judging by the information that can be gleaned from our various insiders, Sather's interests seem to be (we ALL know whom the top 2 players are, so they are not even worth mentioning) with Barker, Olesz, Ladd, & Thelen. Just the way I think that things will go down.

Old
06-10-2004, 04:22 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
Just a gut feeling, nothing more Larry. Sather does not have a track record of drafting Fins in the first round. Judging by the information that can be gleaned from our various insiders, Sather's interests seem to be (we ALL know whom the top 2 players are, so they are not even worth mentioning) with Barker, Olesz, Ladd, & Thelen. Just the way I think that things will go down.
You can't just state your gut feeling as if it is a fact or as if you got some inside information. And Sather has drafted Rita in the 1st round in 1999, and there aren't that many Finnish players in each draft, never mind the 1st round that could provide any evidence of a patern that Sather doesn't like Finns. That said, I really doubt that we take Tukonen, that would be too good to be true (for me at least) if we take Tukonen.

Old
06-10-2004, 04:31 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
That's cool....I'm big on the gut feeling thing too...But I truly think Tukonene would be a player that the Rangers would consider depending on how things work out....Even if a Finn, he's the type of player they've been drafting....And if they decide to stray away from the trend and go for skill, which needs to be done at some point, Schremp or Radulov could be a surprise....I like the information from the "insiders" and will factor it in, but I think there's alot more going on out there...

Old
06-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Blueshirt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
You can't just state your gut feeling as if it is a fact or as if you got some inside information. And Sather has drafted Rita in the 1st round in 1999, and there aren't that many Finnish players in each draft, never mind the 1st round that could provide any evidence of a patern that Sather doesn't like Finns. That said, I really doubt that we take Tukonen, that would be too good to be true (for me at least) if we take Tukonen.
No more mention Rita please?

Whether it is to trade Lundmark for him, referencing him as a draft pick or doing a comparison to another player, no more saying Rita, please?

Old
06-10-2004, 05:24 PM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Wow. I'm the only guy so far to vote for Montoya. Maybe everyone else is listening to my rants about drafting goalies. Montoya wouldn't be a GOOD pick here, but I think it's the one they'll go with if everything goes according to this form.

Old
06-10-2004, 06:18 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

I still think the Rangers are going to be looking at either Olesz or Ladd at #6. And, I REALLY hope Sather finds a way to move up a take Thelen, also. (Yes, I would move Lundmark in a package to get a shot at Thelen - 6'4" and a potential #1 d-man!!!)

Old
06-10-2004, 06:21 PM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
I still think the Rangers are going to be looking at either Olesz or Ladd at #6. And, I REALLY hope Sather finds a way to move up a take Thelen, also. (Yes, I would move Lundmark in a package to get a shot at Thelen - 6'4" and a potential #1 d-man!!!)
Theres talk that Panthers could trade for Ovechkin or Guerien. Its all up in the air right now.

Old
06-10-2004, 06:28 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Who the heck are you to say that a certain player "will not" be the Rangers pick. Are you part of the NY Rangers scouting dept.?

Old
06-10-2004, 06:30 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
Who the heck are you to say that a certain player "will not" be the Rangers pick. Are you part of the NY Rangers scouting dept.?
Okay, so he forgot to say "I doubt very highly that the Rangers will Tukonen." No need to be upset, just because Tukonen is your guy.

Old
06-10-2004, 07:13 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
Glad to see Ranger fans know talent when they see it .....
if it was a question of talent, rob schremp would be #1.

Old
06-10-2004, 07:33 PM
Edge

From what i've seen amongst gm's and scouts, Tukonen seems to have the most contrasting and opposite opinions about him out of anyone in this draft.

They either love him or aren't really too crazy about him.

Kinda funny actually.

Old
06-10-2004, 07:41 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
From what i've seen amongst gm's and scouts, Tukonen seems to have the most contrasting and opposite opinions about him out of anyone in this draft.

They either love him or aren't really too crazy about him.

Kinda funny actually.
Well, then, hopefully, Chicago, Columbus and Phoenix are all smitten with him, so either Ladd or Olesz falls into our laps.

Old
06-10-2004, 08:48 PM
free0717

I think that Tukonen, Ladd or Olesz will be there at no 6. one will be there and the rangers will pick that player. I think the player will be Ladd. I do think Tukonen will be the best NHL player of the three. I think Olesz will be a solid 2way 50 point player. Ladd will be a power forward averaging 25 goals a year, I think Tukonen can be the next Forsberg. If he is available, Id take him, but I dont think he will be there at no.6. Personally, if Tukonen isnt there and Barker isnt there, I would pick Schremp for several reasons, 1. After Ovechin and Malkin, Shremp has the highest upside in the draft. 2. With the new CBA and European Teams starting to pay there players larger salaries to stay, it is going to be harder to coax the European to come to north america. Schremp is from fulton NY. From a signability standpoint, if two players are equal and one is european and one is from north america, I take the North american. He would rather play in the NHL then Europe.

Old
06-10-2004, 10:31 PM
Edge

Tukonen better have a little more behind his shot if he's gonna be in the class of a forsberg.

I also think you seriously underestimate the shot arsenal and the moves that Olesz can bring to the table.

Old
06-10-2004, 11:13 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Tukonen better have a little more behind his shot if he's gonna be in the class of a forsberg.

I also think you seriously underestimate the shot arsenal and the moves that Olesz can bring to the table.
How can anyone be compared to Forsberg ..... like comparing someone to Gretzky, Coffey, Roy ..... these are some of the greatest playes to ever play the game ...comparing "drafted" players is a slight to those guys ..... until you come in and DO IT it means nothing....everyone has to come in and make a name for themselves the hard way ..... earn it ....

Closed Thread