HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

Overage Goalies?

Old
10-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Johnny8242

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
Overage Goalies?

Just wondering is it rare to see an overage goaltender in the CHL? Again I'm just a causal WHL, OHL ,QMJHL fan but this is why i was wondering.

Edward Pasquale and Chris Carozzi are both 20 and have played pretty well in their careers you can have 3 overagers if I'm not mistaken. This year those two are on AHL and ECHL rosters. Why weren't they allowed to go back to Juniors? Or was it a decision that Atlanta made or a decision Mississauga and Sagniaw made? . I'm just a bit curious any clarification would be appreciated.

Johnny8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 10:50 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

OA goalies are typically very highly valued, at least in the OHL. Most contenders are happy to use an OA spot on a top goalie.

My guess is that Atlanta chose to send them to the AHL/ECHL rather than back to the OHL.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 09:46 AM
GoalieGuru

Usually the decision is made by the NHL club. It is common for OA's goalie's to play, however thy usualy are not the Elite goalies as they are more likely to be paing in the NHL organization in the minors so they can be monitored more closely.

GoalieGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 03:52 PM
doogie24

Most likely the same reason that a guy like Michael Hutchinson is not in London this year. Thomas McCollum did not play an overage year either. Plenty of examples out there. Seems like NHL clubs would rather see a 20 year old goalie play 15-20 games in the AHL instead of 50+ in junior.

doogie24 is offline   Reply With Quote