HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cam Fowler Discussion: (What's Best? Rookie Wall? Now What?)

Old
11-24-2010, 12:03 AM
wesott11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cone View Post
i think potentially he's a scott niedermayer clone
With More willingness to shoot the puck IMO. A Scotty clone sounds like the master plan though

wesott11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 12:16 AM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Fowler nearly has 5000 all-star votes, woot

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 01:04 AM
bumperkisser

imo selanne deserves to be at this all star game.. wonder if the captains will pick him though..

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 02:34 AM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cone View Post
i think potentially he's a scott niedermayer clone
His game reminds me so so much of Nieds it isn't even funny. Soft, yet solid in the corners, and the patience/awareness to move the puck from anywhere. The crazy thing is, I doubt Scott was relied this much upon as rookie. Everythime the puck goes in to either corner Mara's big dope ass looks at Fowler like "go get it kid", then Fowler reverses it to Mara, and Mara quickly reverses it back to Fowler to break out. The kid is playing with a straight scrub on defense and IS STILL AMAZING. Dude has mad potential and has poise on the puck that rivals the one and only DD from LA. Not saying he will even be able to sniff DD's jockstrap at both of their peaks, but he has been as good or better than DD was as a rookie and I'm sure most Southern Californiar's can attest to that.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 08:35 AM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacter View Post
His game reminds me so so much of Nieds it isn't even funny. Soft, yet solid in the corners, and the patience/awareness to move the puck from anywhere. The crazy thing is, I doubt Scott was relied this much upon as rookie.
Scott had an extra year in juniors so he was a year older by the time he played in the NHL. And more importantly, when he did end up in NJ they had a pretty damn good D already ... Stevens, Daneyko, Fetisov, and Driver would have been a pretty solid defense even without Nieds. He was pretty much brought into the perfect situation for a young defenseman.

mmbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Gibson Les Palms
pas assez bon

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by karacter View Post
His game reminds me so so much of Nieds it isn't even funny. Soft, yet solid in the corners, and the patience/awareness to move the puck from anywhere. The crazy thing is, I doubt Scott was relied this much upon as rookie. Everythime the puck goes in to either corner Mara's big dope ass looks at Fowler like "go get it kid", then Fowler reverses it to Mara, and Mara quickly reverses it back to Fowler to break out.The kid is playing with a straight scrub on defense and IS STILL AMAZING. Dude has mad potential and has poise on the puck that rivals the one and only DD from LA. Not saying he will even be able to sniff DD's jockstrap at both of their peaks, but he has been as good or better than DD was as a rookie and I'm sure most Southern Californiar's can attest to that.
lmao

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 01:16 PM
NotedToughGuyDKrejci

Fowler appreciation from a non-Ducks fan

Hey guys,
Bruins fans here, but wanted to congratulate you guys on your luck with Fowler. If the Bs had the 3rd overall pick, I would have loved to take him. At #2, Seguin was the pick to make, but I was almost disappointed to not get Fowler. The kid is already an above average NHL defenseman in both ends and he's only getting better everyday. He's going to be a star and you guys should be writing thank you notes to the teams that picked 3-11 in the draft for letting him fall. From a fan of a franchise that has enjoyed Orr to Bourque to Chara over the years, you guys should enjoy Neidermayer/Pronger to Fowler, it should be a fun 15-20 years if you guys can hang on to him for his career.

NotedToughGuyDKrejci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptbents34 View Post
Hey guys,
Bruins fans here, but wanted to congratulate you guys on your luck with Fowler. If the Bs had the 3rd overall pick, I would have loved to take him. At #2, Seguin was the pick to make, but I was almost disappointed to not get Fowler. The kid is already an above average NHL defenseman in both ends and he's only getting better everyday. He's going to be a star and you guys should be writing thank you notes to the teams that picked 3-11 in the draft for letting him fall. From a fan of a franchise that has enjoyed Orr to Bourque to Chara over the years, you guys should enjoy Neidermayer/Pronger to Fowler, it should be a fun 15-20 years if you guys can hang on to him for his career.
Thanks, I couldn't be happier with our 1st round selections this year. I too think Fowler is going to be an all-star in the future, and am definitely looking forward to the other defensemen we have coming up soon to play with him.

Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 02:00 AM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Thought I'd throw in the fact that if he stays healthy for the rest of the year, he's on pace for 44 points. This kid is 18 years old. Never get tired of saying that.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 03:10 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducks6607 View Post
Thought I'd throw in the fact that if he stays healthy for the rest of the year, he's on pace for 44 points. This kid is 18 years old. Never get tired of saying that.
Which (if he keeps pace) would be 17 more points that Doughty hit at the same stage in his career. Those would be some pretty impressive numbers if he could maintain those numbers. Too bad he won't get any media recognition for the Calder because of where he plays.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 01:38 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

They've already got him on the Ducks page for marketing purposes...wow.

c4rcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 03:34 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Which (if he keeps pace) would be 17 more points that Doughty hit at the same stage in his career. Those would be some pretty impressive numbers if he could maintain those numbers. Too bad he won't get any media recognition for the Calder because of where he plays.
I don't know about that. Bobby got credit (granted he was the top scoring rookie).
But people are recognizing how good Fowler is. Not just Ducks fans.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Getzy15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Too bad he won't get any media recognition for the Calder because of where he plays.
I think he won't get much recognition more because of the rookie pool being so deep. So many rookies playing well. Hard to say which ones will die off.

Getzy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 04:05 PM
defer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducks6607 View Post
I don't know about that. Bobby got credit (granted he was the top scoring rookie).
But people are recognizing how good Fowler is. Not just Ducks fans.
The ducks themselves were also getting alot more press because we were alot better.

defer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 01:25 AM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

Fowler and Hall share same numbers on jerseys and at the moment, also in stats. Both have 12 points, thedifference is, thad Fowler has played 3 games less.
Thats probably will change soon, but not bad after 1/4 of a season.

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 01:01 AM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Fowler is 30th in scoring for defensemen, with the second least games played (21)

this kid has been a key part of the D this year outside our top 2, and has helped out our offense too.

his +/- aint all that great right now, but Vis and Lydman both have pretty high +/- considering our goal differential. Fowlers going to make some mistakes as a rookie on the defense side of things, but he looks like our number 3 guy for sure right now. and his ability to move the puck into scoring opportunities is more than enough to outweigh the number of times he's been on the ice and we've been scored on.

kid is just going to keep on improving and our D has a chance to be close to as good as it was under Pronger/Neids, with a lot more depth.

hopefully Murray doesn't **** it up royally.

Fowler keeps his scoring pace up, and his +/- inches closer to 0, he'll have a legit shot at the Calder if the Ducks make the playoffs. if he continues producing points just as fast as the top fowards, he's got a serious shot at it... 2 d-men in a row would be unusual but needed.

Bobrovsky probably has the trophy as rookie performances stand right now.. but nothings in stone. im rooting for fowler!

Seanconn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 01:55 AM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

A reason for his +/- is the crap he's always been paired with [Mara] who is one of the laziest people I've ever seen.

Old
12-02-2010, 02:27 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
A reason for his +/- is the crap he's always been paired with [Mara] who is one of the laziest people I've ever seen.
This is clearly the case as Mara is -3 and Fowler is -8. Mara is somehow making Fowler worse when he isn't even on the ice.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 02:28 AM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
This is clearly the case as Mara is -3 and Fowler is -8. Mara is somehow making Fowler worse when he isn't even on the ice.
Sorry I forgot how great a defenceman Mara is, should lock him up for a few years

Old
12-02-2010, 02:31 AM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Not to mention Mara spent time on the top line this season, where every time he finished a + player.

Pretty easy to not look bad when you have someone like Lydman mopping up your mistakes

Old
12-02-2010, 04:57 AM
Degenerate191

My prediction is that Fowler is a Calder finalist, but loses out to a flashy forward like Skinner, or Bobrovsky if he keeps playing goal the way he has been.

Degenerate191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

If i`m not mistaken, i believe Doughty was -17 in his first year.
He`s a rookie, and rookie mistakes will be for sure, but he is developing and learning from his mistakes, and curently is our 2nd best scoring D to.

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Emerald Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Minus numbers add up fast when you paired with Andy Sutton against Chicago and you get slapped with a -3 for the evening. Fowler was probably happy to get paired with Mara again.

Emerald Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Finnpin

He is still raw and think about the days when he is ripe!

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2010, 11:49 AM
jrgom81

what do you guys think will happen with the wjc coming up, keep Cam with Anaheim or will BM let him play for team usa? (i know seguin is going for canada, is cam still eligible?)

jrgom81 is offline   Reply With Quote