HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Tinted Visors at Night

Old
10-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Thepandamancan

vCash: 500
Tinted Visors at Night

Anyone here play outdoor hockey at night with a tinted visor? I currently use a clear shield but the brightness of our lights can bother me sometimes. I have problems with light sensitivity and while the shield cuts down some of the glare, it doesn't do as good of a job as my mirrored shield does for day games.

I've tried using my tinted, mirrored Itech shield at night and it's just too dark. I was wondering if there's a brand that uses a lighter tint or is the mirrored coating causing my problems (yes I know they're not exactly kosher but my league doesn't care).

Thepandamancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Briere Up There*

Only superstars are allowed to wear tinted visors.

And Ethan Moreau.

Briere Up There* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 02:22 AM
WeissFC
@WeissFC

I feel your pain...I purchased a mirrored visor when they were popular because I have light sensitive eyes and play in outdoor roller hockey tournaments once or twice a year. I never did get to try it out outdoors, because I got so sick of the thing indoors. The roller hockey rink I play at doesn't have the best lighting and the visor got so bad that I couldn't see the puck coming from halfway down the floor until it got like 20 feet infront of me. Someone did tell me to try a smoked visor because it was the happy median between mirrored and clear, but I opted for a clear one. I'd try a smoked one if I were you.

WeissFC is offline   Reply With Quote