HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Binghamton Senators Continued

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2011, 01:50 PM
The King of Town

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
The King of Town I am Not in anyway cute...................
I wasn't including our resident curmudgeon. Much respect.

Old
02-04-2011, 02:45 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
This is why nobody respects Binghamton fans.
Manny I try to respect all people here on this blog and in real life.

Do I agree with all posters here Hell no, who does????????????????????

Old
02-04-2011, 05:38 PM
sens83

vCash: 50
Oh boy....this went down hill fast...

Old
02-04-2011, 08:54 PM
mianjo

Hoffman probably not complaining about being sent down to Elmira as they are playing 2 games in Las Vegas.

Old
02-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Ismellofhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
It's his attitude we don't like..we all know he's got a big ego but fans are not happy w/ his inconsistencies to stop the puck, then be arrogant about it..

-He was #1 star in his best game of the season over Wilkes-Barre, and fans gave him a standing O for it, and he didn't acknowledge it when he was announced as that number 1 star..
He didn't come back out on the ice?

Old
02-04-2011, 11:53 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Mike Hoffman had 2 helpers for Elmira in their 4-3 win in Las Vegas last nite..........

Old
02-05-2011, 01:04 AM
Bileur

I must say I am quite impressed with Jim O'Brien. Like T. Murray said he was on thin ice last off-season and his commitment to getting better seems to really be paying off. Really impressed with the kid who finally seems to be on the right track, and seems to have figured out what kind of work is necessary to make the NHL. One more offseason like last one and it will be difficult to keep him off the big team.

Old
02-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?

Problem with O'Brien is that people are expecting too much too fast from him (which is not surprising around here since it seems that every single prospect has to be NHL ready the minute he signs his ELC or else he's considered a bust).

People forget he was a late 1st round draft pick, not a top 10. Generally, late first rounders take a year or two longer to develop than an early first rounder (and yes I know there is the odd exception). Add to that, the fact that O'Brien probably lost another year of development in his 1st yr at college before moving to the WHL and is it any surprise that he is just now rounding into a legit NHL prospect?

I can understand that when your used to having your top prospects being the likes of Lee, O'Brien, Zubov, Kaigorodov, etc. people will start grasping at anything positive, but you have to have patience. O'Brien is progressing pretty much like the majority of late 1st rounders. Just because he happens to be a Sens prospect does not make him any more special or more likely to be an exception than any other late first rounder.

Old
02-05-2011, 09:01 AM
sensbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best WorstPoster View Post
you're a fan but you don't support the players? He's a part of "your" team.
I support our players to the end but I won't support some clown that doesn't want to play in Binghamton and *****es about the fans.

I can't wait till he blows up just like, let's see. Thompson, Guard, Glass, Elliott, and so on so on.

Old
02-05-2011, 09:05 AM
JustinYS

Why would he want to play in Binghamton when he sees he has the opportunity to be up here? Every player's dream is to make the NHL, he made it, at least just for a few games. I don't know why you guys are making such a big deal out of this, all he did was he stated the fact that he got booed in Binghamton and must work harder to have fan support while in Ottawa, fans already support him. What's the big fuss? Not like he publicly insulted the town, fans or organization...

Old
02-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensbing View Post
I support our players to the end but I won't support some clown that doesn't want to play in Binghamton and *****es about the fans.

I can't wait till he blows up just like, let's see. Thompson, Guard, Glass, Elliott, and so on so on.
Doesn't sound like support to me.

There is not ONE player on the Binghamton Senators that wouldn't rather be playing in Ottawa.

Lehner needs to prove he can play at the AHL level first, but i don't see how booing him helps anyone.

Old
02-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Sensfanman

Quote:

The fact that you support a team called the Senators offends me after this post.

Who the hell wants to even visit Binghamton, much less play and live there? And if you're a "fan" he's justified in *****ing about you.

Old
02-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Pitlick*

You know what's going to be really interesting...

Bingo fans' reaction when the Sens season is over, Lehner is sent down, and Murray insists he starts in the AHL playoffs.

Start saving the tomatoes and eggs to rot, bingo fans!

Old
02-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitlick View Post
You know what's going to be really interesting...

Bingo fans' reaction when the Sens season is over, Lehner is sent down, and Murray insists he starts in the AHL playoffs.

Start saving the tomatoes and eggs to rot, bingo fans!
I'll be happy as Bingo makes the playoffs for the first time in five seasons, and let the hot hand lead the way in net..I would hope, it would be a respect for the coaches that were hired in Bingo by Ottawa, that will get the call on who plays in net for the playoffs..

Old
02-05-2011, 11:49 PM
West Coast Eagles
Classless

With the different rules, are bingo in a playoff position atm? i don't post much but i read a fair bit and it seems like they are playing pretty bloody well lately

Old
02-06-2011, 03:10 AM
Wagiblues

BNG - that seems to be a good team, as far i can see from away (Switzerland). Also got pleasure, Wick doing better now and becomes useful for the team.

Old
02-06-2011, 05:18 AM
sensbing

How did your boy Lehner make out last nigt?

Old
02-06-2011, 06:22 AM
Jackie Treehorn

Quote:
I thought he played well, really well actually, took a silly penalty but that's what rookies do, they make rookie mistakes.

Old
02-06-2011, 08:02 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Besides that one critical brain fart, Lehner was exceptional last night. No less than 5 huge saves to keep the Sens in the game - and I mean huge saves where we thought it was for sure a goal, but he kept it out. Looked NHL ready to me - although clearly he's got a lot of work to do.

The bickering between Sens fans and B-Sens fans is 100% pointless and for sure makes it a little more difficult for some fans to come to this thread. Bottom line is: anyone who's not supporting Bingo, isn't a die hard Sens fan IMO.

The bickering will be phased out as some of the fans realize how important Bingo is to the majority here and stops trying to get reactions.

Old
02-06-2011, 09:37 AM
mianjo

Hoffman another assist in Elmira's loss last night.
2 games - 3 assists.

Cowick 22 mins in penalties also last night for Elmira

Old
02-06-2011, 11:02 AM
pepty

vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by mianjo View Post
Hoffman another assist in Elmira's loss last night.
2 games - 3 assists.

Cowick 22 mins in penalties also last night for Elmira
Maybe being sent down to Elmira is what Hoffman needed to get his feet under him.

Old
02-06-2011, 11:13 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
Maybe being sent down to Elmira is what Hoffman needed to get his feet under him.
I would imagine it's more about the minutes than his play. Getting top line minutes - or heftier minutes than he was getting in Bingo was necessary. Same applies for Lehner before he got dragged into the Ottawa mess.

Old
02-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by senskin View Post
With the different rules, are bingo in a playoff position atm? i don't post much but i read a fair bit and it seems like they are playing pretty bloody well lately
Yes, thanks for the crossover rule, we are currently in..
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
I would imagine it's more about the minutes than his play. Getting top line minutes - or heftier minutes than he was getting in Bingo was necessary. Same applies for Lehner before he got dragged into the Ottawa mess.
Maybe he's got some gambling to do seeing they're in Vegas..

It is odd on the timing tho..

Old
02-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Ouroboros

I sort of think Hoffman was sent down to open up more PP time for Wiercioch. Murray said they wanted him to play more and this is probably the solution for now.

Old
02-07-2011, 03:34 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Former Sen gets a hat trick..........

Saturday 02-05-2011
ADIRONDACK 4, HAMILTON 0
Veteran sniper Denis Hamel recorded his first hat trick of the season to lead Adirondack to a 4-0 road win over Hamilton in a Saturday afternoon matinee at Copps Coliseum.

Hamel, who now shows a team-leading 17 goals on the campaign, scored once in each period and capped off his hat trick with an empty-net tally with 3:46 left in the third period.

Closed Thread