HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Orr - Carkner: Year 2

Old
10-10-2010, 05:08 PM
OttawaSenators11
#25 FTW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs38 View Post
Neil beat Brown and Versteeg and Fisher tied
Nah, Fisherwood beat Versteeg..

OttawaSenators11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 06:14 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Meh, I dunno if I'd count this as an outright win for Orr. Did he perform better? Yep, that much is clear. But this fight was so short and so crappy that in this particular series where every win has either been a much better fight or utter domination by one side, to equate that crappy little scrap into a win for either of them seems to not do justice to the other fights. If that was Beauchemin and Kovalev, I'd say sure, its a win for Beach, but from these two I would expect far far more.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Machinae

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
I think you missed my point. It has nothing to do with being tough. I would just love to have a million dollars a year. My point was that Carkner is expected to fight these guys, if he doesn't do that, he's of little or no use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaSenators11 View Post
I was pleasantly surprised at how Versteeg handled himself. Fisher is bigger and stronger and Versteeg hung in there.

Neil could barely handle Brown, how is he going to handle Orr?

Props to Carkner for going at it again. Another loss but not a knock-out this time. Baby steps!

Machinae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 06:46 PM
swiftwin
#lalala

bwahahahha, how anybody can call that anything other than a draw has a severe tenancy towards mental retardation.

THIS IS A WIN:

THIS IS A WIN:

You could call it the slightest of slight edges if that makes you feel better, but nobody won that fight, plain and simple.

swiftwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Bobo Fett*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
Carkner lost, that much is obvious. I'm happy that he did better in this fight, though. I have to give him credit for being so stubborn and taking on one of the best in the league again and again. As for the invisible stick...

Shameful. Why is it so hard to admit that Orr won? It was a decent fight, and makes the rivalry more interesting.

If only our team could play hockey...
Finally a sens fan with some common sense. Nobody in here really thinks Orr destroyed him but it is very clear Orr got the edge. The only people in this entire thread that are arguing it, are the bias sense fans. Wonder why?

For Carkner to keep standing up to Orr is very respectable. He's either crazy or just persistent. I'll assume both. I do notice him taking his approach to fight much differently. He throws a punch and then turns his head so he cant get hit on the button and ko'd. So he's learning.

Bobo Fett* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!

Quote:
That Joker pic needs to be inserted here

No matter how you slice it none of those fighters are better than Orr, he is easily top 5 in the league and Carkner is not far behind

As for all the drama typical Leafs Sens rivarly. Sens fans dont want to admit Carkner lost as Leafs fans would not want to do should Orr have lost

Bottom line it was not a great fight. Not all of them have to be knockouts. Orr get a slight edge, but no reason for Sens fans to be making excuses for Carkner. He is easily a top 10 fighters in the league and probably the most game heavyweight

Even as a Leafs fan I can respect Carkner, guy is a great fighter

Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Nice four year old clip. Does Peters even play anymore?

And none of those guys you mentioned are better fighters than Orr, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Rob Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Classless Goon
Ducimus

To Leaf fans who think Neil is afraid of Orr, or would get filled in.

Neil has been in this league longer than Orr my friends, and has had wars with guys like Cairns, Simon, Angelstad, Domi, etc. in their primes. Neil is certainly not afraid of Orr, and he would give him a run for his money.

Classless Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 11:39 PM
Eaglepride*
#5 in Wotan we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
I think you missed my point. It has nothing to do with being tough. I would just love to have a million dollars a year. My point was that Carkner is expected to fight these guys, if he doesn't do that, he's of little or no use.
Oh sorry, I'm asking you for excuse then my bad. Sure I would absolutely love having that amount of money too but don't forget even guys like Carkner Orr are marvelous skaters compared to the majority of us. So you need NHL like skating skills + being a top fighter in the best of the world to earn that kind of money.

I'm going to the gym 4 to 5 times a week but for sure would stand at least a chance against some of these guys only way I would fighting them and lose like nothing, if they touch my girlfriend or I'm being payed a million dollar. You know theres always the time after the fight -->attending the hospital badly injured ^^

So again sorry for my misunderstanding :-)

TBH I'm one of the Wingsfans missing the goold old days of guys like Playfair, Probert (may heaven bless you!), Clark you name it...so I have tons of respect for brave fighters such as Orr, Carkner, Boogard, Mcintyre, Ivanas ...All of these are being known for going with other tough guys but I absolutely hate ********* fighers (picking on smaller, young guys or non fighters and LOSE lmao) such as Perry and some of the other "tough Ducks" despite Parros.

Eaglepride* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 12:05 AM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
On replay...Orr didnt get the takedown. Carkner stepped on a stick and fell.

The punches were dead even. Neither got the better there.
if carkner was even close to won u woulda said he won... so IMO that means Orr won lol. and when i saw it i thought orr won... nothing major tho

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 12:08 AM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

Quote:
agree... but IMO brown lost steeger lost but Orr won.

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 12:45 AM
Epoch

Quote:
Really? i don't think so.. Neil isn't afraid of anybody he's proven that much.. he's fought guys bigger than Orr.. and some probably tougher too..
Andrew Peters, George Parros, Eric Godard, Darcey Hordichuk, Donald Brashear, etc..

Neil would give him a run for his money..
I`m still waiting for Neil to accept one of Orr`s many invitations to dance.

Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 01:53 AM
Bobo Fett*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender2.0 View Post

Neil has been in this league longer than Orr my friends, and has had wars with guys like Cairns, Simon, Angelstad, Domi, etc. in their primes. Neil is certainly not afraid of Orr, and he would give him a run for his money.
You are one of the worst sens posters I have ever come across. Im sure your fans dont appreciate having someone like you running loose all over the boards

Old
10-11-2010, 02:24 AM
Classless Goon
Ducimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
You are one of the worst sens posters I have ever come across. Im sure your fans dont appreciate having someone like you running loose all over the boards
What did I say?

I was just pointing out that Neil is an experienced player and has gone toe to toe with better fighters than Orr in his career, and so that he's not a coward who's afraid of Orr like some Leaf fans are suggesting here.

I'm sorry if that offended you. What do I have to say to be considered a reasonable poster by you? Do I have to hug Orr's balls? DO I have to talk down my team and my players? You're the one who,s been acting like a dick in this thread since yesterday pal, making fun of people and acting all smug.

Classless Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 04:43 AM
TheFinalWord

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwin View Post

You could call it the slightest of slight edges if that makes you feel better, but nobody won that fight, plain and simple.
Well if you check out the three main hockey fight sites (at least I think they're the three main sites), all have Orr winning. It really wasn't anything dominant, but the edge in the fight was definitely in Orr's favour.

TheFinalWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 05:59 AM
jkrx

Quote:
Why?`He's right. Neil has fought far more intimidating opponents than Orr. This is some of them, Laus, Domi, Odjick, Simon, Matt Johnson, Oliwa.

jkrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 10:15 AM
TheFinalWord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrx View Post
Why?`He's right. Neil has fought far more intimidating opponents than Orr. This is some of them, Laus, Domi, Odjick, Simon, Matt Johnson, Oliwa.
He has fought some of the toughest guys in the league, but I don't think Laus, Odjick, or Oliwa would ever have been considered more intimidating than Orr. Domi, Simon and Johnson would certainly qualify, as would Brashear and I'm sure some others.

If Orr cheapshots someone on the Sens and Carkner isn't there, I have no doubt Neil would drop the gloves without hesitation. I don't think he'd win, but he's a tough guy and would stand in there and throw.

TheFinalWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 10:25 AM
jkrx

Odjick and Laus were people you didn't want to go with. Laus was certainly a player you looked twice for during the 90s when coming on the ice as he threw heavy check and could man up to it. However I would say that those two are pretty equal to Orr in the intimidation department.

jkrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 10:35 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender2.0 View Post

Ehhh I dont think Neil has what it takes to tango with Orr. He would be fine if he could avoid a knockout as Neil is a great late round fighter and a pretty good fighter, but Orrs knockout punch/finisher punch is just so damn deadly. I think he could win but he could also get destroyed.

Old
10-11-2010, 10:36 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Nice to meet you pot, you look particularly black today.

Old
10-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Jackie Treehorn

Love that Carkner went lefty. Orr has problems with lefties, so atleast he's doing some scouting haha. Iguess Orr gets the takedown but it was decisve either way.
And as for the guy that asked why Carkner bothers. Ask Colton about his hamburger eye, and why he didn't fight for a month?
No question Orr leads the series but Carkner's the guy that's actually done any damage.

Jackie Treehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 04:01 PM
soothsayer

Impartial viewer who watched both fights here : IMO Fisher and Niel won their fights. They didn't dominate but won decisively.

Orr beat Carkner. Orr didn't dominate but did win the fight. I don't think that Carkner is equal to Orr though.

soothsayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Bobo Fett*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
Nice to meet you pot, you look particularly black today.
Wow what a reply. "I know you are but what am I".

Dont you guys find it funny though? Im not sure why you 'few' sens fans are ignoring my question still. Why does almost every poster in this thread say that Orr won? Because you are being sickly bias. It's okay though, Id feel angry and bitter towards leaf fans too. You have been embarrassed by us for years.

BTW, Obviously Fisher won vs Versteeg. That would be shameful if fisher couldnt beat versteeg.

Old
10-11-2010, 09:48 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
You have been embarrassed by us for years.
You haven't even been relevant for years.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 09:58 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Wow what a reply. "I know you are but what am I".

Dont you guys find it funny though? Im not sure why you 'few' sens fans are ignoring my question still. Why does almost every poster in this thread say that Orr won? Because you are being sickly bias. It's okay though, Id feel angry and bitter towards leaf fans too. You have been embarrassed by us for years.

BTW, Obviously Fisher won vs Versteeg. That would be shameful if fisher couldnt beat versteeg.
Lol what? I said Orr won but it was such a crappy fight that I wouldn't even count it. It would be the exact same if Carkner won. That wasn't a heavyweight fight.

And what he said wasnt even in reference to Carkner I said one fight out of several, Neil could probably beat Orr because he's the kind of fighter who if he doesnt get knocked down early will usually win.

Sorry if thats too biased for you. I also think a Sabre tooth tiger would beat Orr in a fight, sorry.
IMO Orr is the best fighter in the league, but only top 5 in UFC. I hope thats OK with you.