HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

SmacIntyre vs. Chara - who'd win?

Old
10-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Panthers607
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
SmacIntyre vs. Chara - who'd win?

I can't imagine a better fight in the NHL right now.

MacIntyre @ 6'5" 249 lbs has been eating people as of late,
but would he be able to down the 6'9" 258 lbs beast in Chara?

Panthers607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 11:31 AM
karnige
Real Life FTL

chara has no balance. in the end I'm sure he'd just stumble off his feet and timber

karnige is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 03:50 PM
TheStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarnegie View Post
chara has no balance. in the end I'm sure he'd just stumble off his feet and timber
Agreed. Chara would just fall down, would be a terrible fight.

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 04:16 PM
OttawaSenators11
#25 FTW

I think Chara would pound him...

OttawaSenators11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 04:51 PM
soothsayer

vCash: 50
This would probably be the shortest fight in history. Watch the Laraque vs. Chara fight. Koci is a decent fighter but not on the same level as Macintyre. Chara would fare OK if he would just be able to stay on his feet for more than 5 seconds against a real heavy weight. Furthermore, if Macintyre hit Chara like Koci did (the shot that wobbled Chara for a second) it would be game over for Chara. Chara wouldn't be able to stun Macintyre. If Godard (said to have some of the heaviest hands in the NHL) couldn't drop Macintyre with an orbital bone crushing punch, there's no way Chara could.

soothsayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

they would grab on and circle while both sides throw jersey jabs, then some overhand rights that hit shoulders and then chara falls.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Bravid Nonahan
carlylol = القسوة

Send a message via AIM to Bravid Nonahan
I want to see a Nathan Gerbe vs Brian Gionta fight.

Bravid Nonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 09:45 PM
FROMSHORETOCHARA

[QUOTE=OscarFLA;28220484]I can't imagine a better fight in the NHL right now.

MacIntyre @ 6'5" 249 lbs has been eating people as of late,
but would he be able to down the 6'9" 258 lbs beast in Chara?

Hopefully we never find out because while I like both fighting AND Steve Mac, I think I would throw up if the best player on the bruins - a guy who plays 30 mins a night in the big games fought a guy who makes derek boogard look like guy lafleur.

For what it is worth, I wanted bruins to get big mac but I am happy enough to settle for mcgratts. Good signing by edmonton though.

Oh, not to quibble but I think mac is bigger than 6-5 for what it is worth.

FROMSHORETOCHARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Homesick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROMSHORETOCHARA View Post
Hopefully we never find out because while I like both fighting AND Steve Mac, I think I would throw up if the best player on the bruins - a guy who plays 30 mins a night in the big games fought a guy who makes derek boogard look like guy lafleur.

For what it is worth, I wanted bruins to get big mac but I am happy enough to settle for mcgratts. Good signing by edmonton though.

Oh, not to quibble but I think mac is bigger than 6-5 for what it is worth.
Exaggerating much?
Boogaard 256 GP 2G
MacIntyre 45GP 2G
If MacIntyre played 256 games his prorated goals would be 11 goals() I think you have that backwards.

But trying to be unbiased I agree with you. If Chara was stupid enough to drop the gloves with with SMac then he would not only get beat badly but he would also put his team at a serious disadvantage(and I seriously doubt he would, mainly for that reason). But as an Oiler fan I'd be all for it

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin27NYI View Post
they would grab on and circle while both sides throw jersey jabs, then some overhand rights that hit shoulders and then chara falls.
Yup, would be boring.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Wheatking

Here is Chara against real NHL fighters.

What do all these fights have in common? They end with Chara falling down. He doesn't have the balance to fight guys as strong as him. People are kidding themselves if they think he would stand a chance against MacIntyre. He would just fall to the ice like he always does. Who cares if he has wins against Downie, Lecavalier, Barnaby or McCabe. Rypien beat Hal Gill. That means nothing either.

Pound for pound Chara is probably the worst super heavyweight in the NHL. If he's not the worst he's at least in the conversation.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 03:01 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
Here is Chara against real NHL fighters.

What do all these fights have in common? They end with Chara falling down. He doesn't have the balance to fight guys as strong as him. People are kidding themselves if they think he would stand a chance against MacIntyre. He would just fall to the ice like he always does. Who cares if he has wins against Downie, Lecavalier, Barnaby or McCabe. Rypien beat Hal Gill. That means nothing either.

Pound for pound Chara is probably the worst super heavyweight in the NHL. If he's not the worst he's at least in the conversation.
as a Bruins fan i hope this fight would never happen. Chara might be one of the worst super heavyweights in the league but he is one of the best d-man in the league and we can't have him fighting guys like Macintyre, who is a hell of a fighter.

thats why i am happy we signed McGrattan, Lucic and Chara don't have to worry about fighting as much.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 03:25 PM
soothsayer

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Indeed. I think there are 4 guys who are a wash in the NHL right now. Boogaard, Godard, Macintyre, and Mcgratten. Anyone of those guys would be a coin toss in a fight against each other. The first Macintyre vs. Mcgratten fight was a beauty. A wash. But as mentioned a few times, fighting Macintyre the second time is usually a bad idea. Although, Mcgratten is no joke and I think that was a great signing for the B's especially when Boogaard is right next door. I look forward to when (if it comes to fruition) Mac and Mcgrat square off again.

Old
10-11-2010, 03:28 PM
soothsayer

Might as well throw the video up. Good job for the Bruins getting a guy who can handle any opponent.

Old
10-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by soothsayer View Post
Might as well throw the video up. Good job for the Bruins getting a guy who can handle any opponent.
I love that fight. McGrattan definitely gets the better of MacIntyre but it was a respectable lost. He took some bombs and managed to come back and give a few out too.

When asked about the fight after the game all McGrattan said was "that son of a b**** can take a punch"

Old
10-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Fire Julien

Macintyre opens up a lot. Chara could probably floor him with a few good punches and manhandle him around like he did a few times with guys like Scott parker, Francis Lessard, Chris Dingman, Tim Gleason, Eric Cairns and Mike Komisarek

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Cuse44

Chara would drop Macintyre.

Macintyre has been slapped around by Jon Mirrasty in both the AHL and ECHL in the past and Big Mac has almost a foot on Mirasty.

With that said....Mac is a quality fighter.

Cuse44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 170
SmacIntyre

Killahpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuse44 View Post

Macintyre has been slapped around by Jon Mirrasty in both the AHL and ECHL in the past and Big Mac has almost a foot on Mirasty.

Slapped around? MacIntyre has got the better of him twice. Mirasty is a freak and can take a lot of punishment but he didn't slap around MacIntyre.

Old
10-13-2010, 05:18 PM
soothsayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuse44 View Post

Why do people lie like this? Do you lie like that in real life? The only person who ran macs show was godard. If godards hardest punch couldnt stop macintyre (a dead on shot from the heaviest hands in the league, which broke is orbital bone) then there is no way in hell chara could take out macintyre. Furthermore, if chara took a shot from macintyre like he did koci, it would be lights out. But dont take my word for it, watch macintyre dismantle the leagues top heavies one by one then pray that chara never has to fight him.

Old
10-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Up the Irons

vCash: 408
the use to be a 'nasty Mirasty' who was a damn good men's fastball pitcher that floated around the native fastball circuit. Anyone know if there's a relation?

Up the Irons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 03:57 AM
OilCanada92

Chara won't "fight" Macintyre. Has Chara ever been able to stay on his feet long enough to consider it a fight with other heavyweights? Does Cheechoo count? . Lets see how he does against Boogaard now that he's in the East.

Last edited by OilCanada92: 10-15-2010 at 06:44 AM.
OilCanada92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 06:07 PM
funserious

Chara would try to "bodyslam" him as the Bruins announcers so eloquently put it.

funserious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 06:15 PM
birden

Easy win for Macintyre no doubt about that.

birden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 12:32 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Chara has the strength, the punching power, and the grappling to keep up with Mac, but he doesn't have the balance.

As a Bruins fan, as much as I love fighting, I don't want to see Chara doing it all that much, especially against a SHW like Mac. The time for proving himself via fistacuffs is over; Chara's worth is in his play on the ice, not playing enforcer or trying to garner rep. Those days are long gone for him and I'm glad.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote