HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

SmacIntyre vs. Chara - who'd win?

Old
10-19-2010, 07:03 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

vCash: 500
The fight could go eitherway, Chara's probably the strongest player in the NHL. But he isn't a fighter, he's rag dolled a couple middle-weights, but he has trouble staying up right while facing the likes of Laraque or Brashear. That being said, just dropping the gloves with McIntyre would be enough to spark his team, and you never know he might land a quick punch and cave in big Macs face.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Erz8771

Charas getting way too much fighting credit then he deserves. He doesnt fare well against other big men, the fights last 10 seconds then its over.

Last edited by Erz8771: 10-19-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Erz8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Cuse44

Quote:
Originally Posted by soothsayer View Post
Why do people lie like this? Do you lie like that in real life? The only person who ran macs show was godard. If godards hardest punch couldnt stop macintyre (a dead on shot from the heaviest hands in the league, which broke is orbital bone) then there is no way in hell chara could take out macintyre. Furthermore, if chara took a shot from macintyre like he did koci, it would be lights out. But dont take my word for it, watch macintyre dismantle the leagues top heavies one by one then pray that chara never has to fight him.
Are you Macs family member, fanboy or another delusional Edmonton fan? I watched with my own eyes (was at the game) when Mac declined to fight Mirasty not once but twice (Amerks/Crunch). I don't think Macs punches even phased Mirasty in either fight posted by Wheatking. The guy has a head made of stone not too mention he is almost a foot shorter. You are giving mac way too much credit and Mcgrattan definitely got the best of Mac in the one fight. I will be anxiously awaiting Mac dismantling the leagues top heavies one by one like with Mcgrattan. I'm sure Chara (who is actually a quality hockey player) sleeps with the lights on in fear of Mac (who is not even a mediocre hockey player).

Cuse44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 02:16 PM
WillardJFredricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuse44 View Post
Chara would drop Macintyre.

Macintyre has been slapped around by Jon Mirrasty in both the AHL and ECHL in the past and Big Mac has almost a foot on Mirasty.

With that said....Mac is a quality fighter.
Jon Mirasty is not human though. The guy is an animal. Unless your name is Steve Bosse you won't knock down Mirasty, as he is the toughest person in pro hockey without a doubt. There is nobody who can take punches like Nasty and still stay up (again, except against Bosse who could KO a horse).

PS That is meant as a compliment to Mirasty, who I love. He's the toughest and most entertaining fighter in Pro hockey at any level.

WillardJFredricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Cuse44

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillardJFredricks View Post
Jon Mirasty is not human though. The guy is an animal. Unless your name is Steve Bosse you won't knock down Mirasty, as he is the toughest person in pro hockey without a doubt. There is nobody who can take punches like Nasty and still stay up (again, except against Bosse who could KO a horse).

PS That is meant as a compliment to Mirasty, who I love. He's the toughest and most entertaining fighter in Pro hockey at any level.
Agree that Mirasty and his rock hard head are freaks of nature...not too mention he is a short guy. I wonder if Mac would have lasted a season in the LNAH fighting the likes of Bosse, Mirasty,and some others.

Old
10-20-2010, 06:58 PM
McPuritania
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Are you Macs family member, fanboy or another delusional Edmonton fan? I watched with my own eyes (was at the game) when Mac declined to fight Mirasty not once but twice (Amerks/Crunch). I don't think Macs punches even phased Mirasty in either fight posted by Wheatking. The guy has a head made of stone not too mention he is almost a foot shorter. You are giving mac way too much credit and Mcgrattan definitely got the best of Mac in the one fight. I will be anxiously awaiting Mac dismantling the leagues top heavies one by one like with Mcgrattan. I'm sure Chara (who is actually a quality hockey player) sleeps with the lights on in fear of Mac (who is not even a mediocre hockey player).
Sh*tty post is sh*tty.

Pump Mirasty up all you want, he is a tough sob, but to dismiss Mac in that way is just ludicrous.

McPuritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 07:29 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Sh*tty post is sh*tty.

Pump Mirasty up all you want, he is a tough sob, but to dismiss Mac in that way is just ludicrous.
Agreed.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Oates2Neely

Chara. Hands down the most feared in the league. He rarely fights for a reason, most are scared to step up. Most fights he is in his opponent will clutch & grab for dear life looking to salvage reputation.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 08:08 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
LOL as the video already proved, MacIntyre treated Mirasty like a rag doll. His knocked him right down, but Mirasty is tough as hell and got back up. Mac won that fight by a mile, and would continue to if they ever fought again. Mirasty fought Yablonski numerous times. Couldn't hurt the guy one bit. He never did anything like this to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jIBsmoBrGQ

MacIntyre is the best fighter in hockey and would take Chara.

Last edited by sabrefan27: 10-20-2010 at 08:17 PM.
sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 08:39 PM
MasqueOfTheRedDeath*

This argument is so we Todd Ed. Chara is tough as nails but far from a great fighter. He has no balance and weak knuckles. DO NOT WANT captain Zdeno fighting goons and breaking his hand. Mac wins, not even close.

MasqueOfTheRedDeath* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 08:44 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Chara. Hands down the most feared in the league. He rarely fights for a reason, most are scared to step up. Most fights he is in his opponent will clutch & grab for dear life looking to salvage reputation.
Chara is a tough SOB but he has never beat up a legit heavie besides Koci, who isn't that good. He's a great defensemen so you don't want him fighting but I doubt he'd win against the likes of Smac, Godard, Belak, etc.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Cuse44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Sh*tty post is sh*tty.

Not necessarily pumping up Mirasty and certainly not dismissing Mac as a fighter. But I find it a bit far fetched to act like nobody can hang with Mac like the poster claimed. Mac's sample of work is much much too small to make outrageous claims that nobody can hang with him.

Old
10-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Cuse44

doh double post

Last edited by Cuse44: 10-20-2010 at 09:50 PM. Reason: double post
Old
10-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Cuse44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post

MacIntyre is the best fighter in hockey and would take Chara.
LOL...didn't look very impressive against Mcgrattan did he?

Old
10-20-2010, 10:13 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
If by not impressive, you mean a narrow loss, then sure. Can't win them all, and McGrattan is a top 5 fighter. I'll still take Mac over any fighter in pro hockey. Take whoever you'd like.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 04:10 AM
T O M 12 B R A D Y
▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ -▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂

vCash: 132
Macintyre

T O M 12 B R A D Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 11:50 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

More appropriate question is 'Mac vs Artyukhin?'

Artyukhin handed Chara his ass.

..and a pissed Mac would beat anyone.

McGrattan and Goddard we're pretty rare cases, I'd assume different outcomes if we see a next time.

As far as Mirasty, each fight shows Mac doesn't seem too fond of the height/reach mismatch....and he knows to knock him out and satisfy the above poster(while Mirasty is trying to prove himself), he'd have to like...kill him.

CHGoalie27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 11:53 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post

Old
10-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post

Artyukhin handed Chara his ass.

..and a pissed Mac would beat anyone.

McGrattan and Goddard we're pretty rare cases, I'd assume different outcomes if we see a next time.

As far as Mirasty, each fight shows Mac doesn't seem too fond of the height/reach mismatch....and he knows to knock him out and satisfy the above poster(while Mirasty is trying to prove himself), he'd have to like...kill him.
Quote:
You call that Artyukhin handing Chara his ass?

Artyukhin got the takedown (which means nothing) but other than that he was lucky that he was wearing a Visor or he would have been tagged.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 12:25 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
You call that Artyukhin handing Chara his ass?

Artyukhin got the takedown but other than that he was lucky that he was wearing a Visor or he would have been tagged.
Watch the hand around Chara's collar.

While that hand keeps hitting him dead in the face, what's Chara doing?

He didn't go down because Artyukhin threw him (what most mean when they say a takedown means nothing)

This doesn't apply, sorry BRUINS FAN.

Old
10-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Watch the hand around Chara's collar.

While that hand keeps hitting him dead in the face, what's Chara doing?

He didn't go down because Artyukhin threw him (what most mean when they say a takedown means nothing)

This doesn't apply, sorry BRUINS FAN.
Yes and the Visor that Artyukhin's wearing had no bearing whatsoever on the fight...

Oooh wait you're a habs fan, now it makes sense.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 12:42 PM
SixOneFour

MacIntyre easily especially after his fight with Ivanans.

SixOneFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 12:54 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Damn chin visors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
Yes and the Visor that Artyukhin's wearing had no bearing whatsoever on the fight...

Oooh wait you're a habs fan, now it makes sense.
The visor had no bearing. They were both wearing Helmets.
>>>> If Chara WAS wearing a visor, ARTYUKHIN WOULD HAVE PUNCHED CHARA'S CHIN INTO HIS FACE ANYWAY.<<<<

Not a Habs fan. Though I can see why an obvious homer is trying to make someone else a homer to try n further their stance....

Old
10-22-2010, 01:04 PM
funserious

Chara is a big man, but a terrible fighter. The only people who think Chara is the best are Bruins fans.

The only times he's fought true heavyweights he's been beaten.

Mac vs Chara would be a terrible fight, pretty similar to Chara vs. Laraque. Just Chara "body slamming" his opponent...

funserious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 01:09 PM
karnige
Real Life FTL

Quote:
the dude took punches like they were nothing. hell when godard tagged him and broke his face he still didn't go down. pretty sure chara would tire himself on on big mac and then eventually get tagged. big mac has stamina of a light weight it's impressive

karnige is offline   Reply With Quote