HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

SmacIntyre vs. Chara - who'd win?

Old
10-22-2010, 02:43 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock View Post
Chara is a big man, but a terrible fighter. The only people who think Chara is the best are Bruins fans.

The only times he's fought true heavyweights he's been beaten.

Mac vs Chara would be a terrible fight, pretty similar to Chara vs. Laraque. Just Chara "body slamming" his opponent...
He wouldn't body slam Mac, and what lcarnegie said.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 03:01 PM
dookers9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuse44 View Post
Are you Macs family member, fanboy or another delusional Edmonton fan? I watched with my own eyes (was at the game) when Mac declined to fight Mirasty not once but twice (Amerks/Crunch). I don't think Macs punches even phased Mirasty in either fight posted by Wheatking. The guy has a head made of stone not too mention he is almost a foot shorter. You are giving mac way too much credit and Mcgrattan definitely got the best of Mac in the one fight. I will be anxiously awaiting Mac dismantling the leagues top heavies one by one like with Mcgrattan. I'm sure Chara (who is actually a quality hockey player) sleeps with the lights on in fear of Mac (who is not even a mediocre hockey player).

dookers9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 03:08 PM
dookers9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
Here is Chara against real NHL fighters.

What do all these fights have in common? They end with Chara falling down. He doesn't have the balance to fight guys as strong as him. People are kidding themselves if they think he would stand a chance against MacIntyre. He would just fall to the ice like he always does. Who cares if he has wins against Downie, Lecavalier, Barnaby or McCabe. Rypien beat Hal Gill. That means nothing either.

Pound for pound Chara is probably the worst super heavyweight in the NHL. If he's not the worst he's at least in the conversation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Chara. Hands down the most feared in the league. He rarely fights for a reason, most are scared to step up. Most fights he is in his opponent will clutch & grab for dear life looking to salvage reputation.
Odd. Watching the bouts above, I'd agree with the bolded part... only when speaking of Chara.

No doubt that Chara can give a punch. Question becomes whether he can really take one. And based on the way HE clutches, grabs, and wrestles, it seems to me that HE'S the one that is fearful of taking a meat hammer to the chops.

In the end, I agree that the odds of them fighting are slim anyway, especially with the Broons having brought in reinforcements to ease Chara's need to fight.

dookers9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Fire Julien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Chara is a tough SOB but he has never beat up a legit heavie besides Koci, who isn't that good. He's a great defensemen so you don't want him fighting but I doubt he'd win against the likes of Smac, Godard, Belak, etc.
Chara has wins over Eric Cairns, Francis Lessard, Krzysztof Oliwa, Chris Simon, Andre Roy, Randy McKay, he'd have no trouble handling anyone.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 03:16 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

...and watching the last 15 seconds of the McGrattan fight...I say that's a draw...or an Apollo Creed win by decision....

Part 2 will go to Mac, if there is one.

Old
10-22-2010, 03:21 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Seguin View Post
Chara has wins over Eric Cairns, Francis Lessard, Krzysztof Oliwa, Chris Simon, Andre Roy, Randy McKay, he'd have no trouble handling anyone.
LOL B-O-S-T-O-N F-A-N

Old
10-22-2010, 03:34 PM
karnige
Real Life FTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Seguin View Post
Macintyre opens up a lot. Chara could probably floor him with a few good punches and manhandle him around like he did a few times with guys like Scott parker, Francis Lessard, Chris Dingman, Tim Gleason, Eric Cairns and Mike Komisarek
then you list those guys after? big mac is way above those "fighters"

karnige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 03:54 PM
SomE

There's no question. If anyone would win it would be Mac. At best Chara is just gunna hold on and make sure he doesn't put himself in a vulnerable position.

SomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 06:44 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Just saw Semin vs Staal again...Semin would crush Mac and Chara.