HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10-11 Injury Status Thread (Hamhuis indefinite w/ concussion)

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Placebo Effect

vCash: 500
BotchonCanucks

Skills day for the Canucks. D up first. Ballard taking part. Not hamhuis, though

Old
10-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Fictional Realism
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
Great news on Ballard; can't say I'm as concerned about Hamhuis' bruised foot.

Old
10-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Placebo Effect

Botchford mentioning how Shaun Alexander had a similar injury that basically ruined his career is triggering the inner panicking Canucks fan in me a bit. I won't, yet, but we better make sure Hamhuis is 100%. Alexander played on his broken foot (which apparently was originally just a bone bruise too) and was never the same.

Definitely great news about Ballard. At this point it's almost realistic he returns to the lineup before Hamhuis. That's two straight days on the ice for Ballard.

Old
10-30-2010, 02:38 PM
jimslob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Try gout.

Oh for the days when I was young and foolish AND bulletproof (or at least thought I was).

I just saw a surgeon again who in August 2010 repaired a long time sports hernia suffered years back - 4 hours on the operating table and a mesh reinforced repair of a large tear. I asked him to do a little liposuction while he was in there but...

Now it looks like hip replacement surgery in the near future due to yet another old hockey injury. Some mornings I have to roll on the floor and then pull myself up using the bed to get mobile. And do not get me started on my knees.

Getting old sucks.
But it beats the heck out of the alternative!

Old
10-30-2010, 02:49 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by spixel View Post
Botchford mentioning how Shaun Alexander had a similar injury that basically ruined his career is triggering the inner panicking Canucks fan in me a bit. I won't, yet, but we better make sure Hamhuis is 100%. Alexander played on his broken foot (which apparently was originally just a bone bruise too) and was never the same.

Definitely great news about Ballard. At this point it's almost realistic he returns to the lineup before Hamhuis. That's two straight days on the ice for Ballard.
Can't say I agree with Botchford at all. This is typical sensationalistic reporting. Alexander came back that season and still looked good, it was only next season that his performance started going brutally downhill and it had everything to do with the fact that he had 3 or 4 major (unrelated) injuries that season.

(Not to mention that Alexander insisted on playing through most of his injuries instead of taking time off like Hamhuis is doing.)

Old
10-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Placebo Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Can't say I agree with Botchford at all. This is typical sensationalistic reporting. Alexander came back that season and still looked good, it was only next season that his performance started going brutally downhill and it had everything to do with the fact that he had 3 or 4 major (unrelated) injuries that season.

(Not to mention that Alexander insisted on playing through most of his injuries instead of taking time off like Hamhuis is doing.)
I agree that it's a bit over the top but as a long time Canucks fans I have been conditioned to always expect the worst.

benkuzma
#Canucks centre Alex Bolduc has had a walking boot removed, hopes to skate in next two weeks to test two ankle ligaments torn Oct. 9 vs LA.

Last edited by Placebo Effect: 10-30-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old
10-30-2010, 04:26 PM
serge2k

Quote:
http://communities.canada.com/theprovince/blogs/whitetowel/archive/2010/10/29/dan-hamhuis-doubtful-for-monday-s-game.aspx

Well that doesn't sound great.
Uh huh. He played for a couple seasons after that (according to wiki).

Old
10-31-2010, 01:33 PM
Proto

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post

The first time Botchford referenced Alexander on Twitter it was in response to someone saying that Hamhuis has a low pain threshold. I think the intent by Botchford was to show that the injury can be serious.

I do no think it will be an issue going forward, personally, but I'm not against knowing what the "worst case scenario" is for an injury.

Old
10-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Placebo Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
The first time Botchford referenced Alexander on Twitter it was in response to someone saying that Hamhuis has a low pain threshold. I think the intent by Botchford was to show that the injury can be serious.

I do no think it will be an issue going forward, personally, but I'm not against knowing what the "worst case scenario" is for an injury.
When I read the tweet that Botch was replying too I had to shake my head. Some people just don't get it. Yeah, the guy who's played nearly all 82 games the last 3 years has a low pain threshold. I wish people who didn't know what the hell they are talking about would just shut up.

Anyways, even better news on the Ballard front. Looks like no PCS during his light skating sessions so he is now back at practice.

hosea24hours

Ballard at practice paired with Rome. Looks like Parent odd D out. #canucks

Old
10-31-2010, 02:12 PM
Crows*

I had a similar injury to Hamhuis a couple years ago. Absolutely excruciating to put weight on the ball of my foot. Was limping for a good 2 weeks.

Old
10-31-2010, 02:31 PM
Placebo Effect

kenwardskorner
#Canucks Keith Ballard taking part in first full practice today. Will know more this afternoon if he's good to go tomorrow vs NJ

hosea24hours
Alex Burrows will be in the lineup on Tuesday. Ballard a game-time decision for tmr. Hamhuis skated 20 min today.

Old
10-31-2010, 02:43 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
kenwardskorner
#Canucks Keith Ballard taking part in first full practice today. Will know more this afternoon if he's good to go tomorrow vs NJ

hosea24hours
Alex Burrows will be in the lineup on Tuesday. Ballard a game-time decision for tmr. Hamhuis skated 20 min today.
What is the over/under on the next major injury to a core player?

Old
10-31-2010, 03:24 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

vCash: 50
Quote:
kenwardskorner

hosea24hours
Awesome news all-round. Now my fingers are crossed that A) None of them relapse, and B) Nobody else gets hurt in the next while...

Old
10-31-2010, 08:23 PM
SDig14

Hey guys, quick question. I know that Burrows has been practicing lately and is already ready to go, basically just waiting for his IR term to expire, correct? My question is, what line has he been practicing with and where do you guys expect him to be when he enters the lineup against my Oilers on Tuesday? Will he be playing on the 2nd line with Kesler or back on the top line with the twins?

Thanks in advance.

Old
10-31-2010, 08:29 PM
Kickassguy

vCash: 1121
Send a message via ICQ to Kickassguy Send a message via MSN to Kickassguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Hey guys, quick question. I know that Burrows has been practicing lately and is already ready to go, basically just waiting for his IR term to expire, correct? My question is, what line has he been practicing with and where do you guys expect him to be when he enters the lineup against my Oilers on Tuesday? Will he be playing on the 2nd line with Kesler or back on the top line with the twins?

Thanks in advance.
He was practicing on the 2nd line with Kesler and Raymond, but it's likely inevitable he'll be back with the twins at some point soon.

Old
10-31-2010, 09:04 PM
CCF23

Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickassguy View Post
He was practicing on the 2nd line with Kesler and Raymond, but it's likely inevitable he'll be back with the twins at some point soon.
It'll be immediate I think.

Burrows is the Sedins winger plain and simple.

Old
10-31-2010, 09:18 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
It'll be immediate I think.

Burrows is the Sedins winger plain and simple.
By the end of his first game back, ya, I imagine he'll be up there. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he started on the 2nd line tho.. It'll change after a period no doubt.

Old
10-31-2010, 10:17 PM
CrackerJibbs

Burrows is going to need a couple of games to get his timing back. As long as the Twins and Tambellini are still producing, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Burrows on the 2nd and 3rd lines until his game rounds into form.

Old
10-31-2010, 10:27 PM
YogiCanucks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerJibbs View Post
Burrows is going to need a couple of games to get his timing back. As long as the Twins and Tambellini are still producing, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Burrows on the 2nd and 3rd lines until his game rounds into form.
I wouldn't be surprised if that's the plan but Burrows ends up playing with the twins by the second period on the 2nd.

Old
10-31-2010, 11:03 PM
SDig14

Ya, I kind of expected that type of response...obviously, when you miss that camp and the first 10 games, no amount of practice can give you the feeling of game speed and timing...but I have a feeling that it won't take him very long to get right back into the mix..cya guys on the 2nd!!

Thanks for the info guys

Old
10-31-2010, 11:06 PM
Placebo Effect

Parent has a sore groin too now

Old
10-31-2010, 11:37 PM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Quote:
It must be something in the water here in Vancouver...

Did you get that from twitter btw?

Old
11-01-2010, 03:07 AM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
It must be something in the water here in Vancouver...

Did you get that from twitter btw?
Posted in the Ryan Parent thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Parent left Sunday's practice early with what Vigneault described as a minor groin strain.
http://communities.canada.com/vancou...ay-monday.aspx

Old
11-01-2010, 10:15 AM
rban*

Hopefully Ballard will come in on the very day Parent goes off for injury, ie: a one for one replacement.

Old
11-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
damn these groins! Where's Larscheid?

Closed Thread