HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

10-11 Injury Status Thread (Hamhuis indefinite w/ concussion)

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2011, 02:43 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Pretty much this.

I kind of have to disagree with Valk on Hammer not being able to recognize the symptoms. Maybe if it isn't that serious I'd agree, but every time I've gotten one, even the first small one, I knew something wasn't right.
Same here. Most people know when there is something wrong with their bodies. I've had 2 concussions in my life and albeit not serious ones, they sucked.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:44 PM
smileyface

vCash: 500
I curse the hockey gods as well but I'd rather have the team take the extra precaution and sit Hamhuis out. A second concussion in a short time span would be devastating for the team and especially for him. We have some cushion in the standings anyway. I just hope he's not out for too long or his condition is not actually that bad.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Crows*

vCash: 500
Knowing mike gillis. All methods of methodical precaution will be taken.

Old
02-11-2011, 02:59 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseHunter View Post
Same here. Most people know when there is something wrong with their bodies. I've had 2 concussions in my life and albeit not serious ones, they sucked.
My first concussion I knew right away. I was playing football and a player from the other team got his helmet under my chin and snapped my head back. I had a slight headache and a tiny bit of disorientation. The doctor said I just got my bell rung.

The second one was the scary one, but it was a less dramatic "hit". In soccer I ran into a guys shoulder, he was much taller, and everything went a bit dark, but I stayed concious and finished the game without thinking about it. It wasn't until that night that I got a major headache that lasted for 2 days. I've gotten a decent amount of migraines(sp?), but this was something all together different. It was bad enough that I didn't even remember how it could have occured until about a week later.

Scary business, get well soon Hammer.

Closed Thread