HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Martin Erat's Injury

Old
10-14-2010, 01:13 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

vCash: 500
Martin Erat's Injury

My Wife is at Amerigos eating lunch and saw Erat and a few others. She has met him a few times and didn't mind saying hi as he, as she put it, "was playing around on his phone."

Anyway, she asked him how he was doing and how his back was and if he was playing tonight? He said he is on IR (which I wonder if Erat even knows what IR is now unless he went there today) and should have found out what his actual injury was.

Dunno if something is lost in the translation there from him, but I found it interesting and concerning at the same time. I am guessing after he hurt it in camp he wishes he had run the full gamut of tests before trying to play again. But that is speculation on my part.

Take it for what it is worth

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
My Wife is at Amerigos eating lunch and saw Erat and a few others. She has met him a few times and didn't mind saying hi as he, as she put it, "was playing around on his phone."

Anyway, she asked him how he was doing and how his back was and if he was playing tonight? He said he is on IR (which I wonder if Erat even knows what IR is now unless he went there today) and should have found out what his actual injury was.

Dunno if something is lost in the translation there from him, but I found it interesting and concerning at the same time. I am guessing after he hurt it in camp he wishes he had run the full gamut of tests before trying to play again. But that is speculation on my part.

Take it for what it is worth
Wouldn't doubt he goes on IR today. Kostitsyn is ready to come off IR and we need the roster spot to activate him due to Dex being up still.

IR is only 7 days and can be set retroactively to Saturday's home opener, so it's not a huge red flag. As long as this is just a muscle spasm injury and there is no underlying structurial issue...I'd say shut him down for as long as needed. Still a long season ahead of us...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 06:35 PM
WartracePred

I don't want to be a debbie downer, but back injuries can be hard to diagnose and even more difficult to rehab. I hesitate to even compare Marty's injury to Sully's, but... how many times did Sully think he was ready to return.

Maybe they are just taking a cautious approach. It is a long season, and thankfully we have depth for a change. Gotta say, it is very nice to have guys ready to step in when the injury bug bites.Hope we don't regret letting Andersson go.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote