HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wolf Pack Lose to Worcester in Mostly Lackluster Effort, But Tessier Shines

Old
10-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Wolf Pack Lose to Worcester in Mostly Lackluster Effort, But Tessier Shines

Not much went right this afternoon for the Hartford Wolf Pack, as the team was downed 4-3 by the Worcester Sharks.* If you look at the score sheet, and even the final score, it does not look as bad as the Pack did on the ice. It was horrible for two periods and then so-so [...]

More...

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Ranger Angst

Thanks for the report. Maybe Tessier will become quite the find for the Rangers. Curious , I know it's early , but can Redden help this team ie leadership & all ???

Ranger Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 10:18 PM
nyrleetch

Wade Redden 1 A.

nyrleetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Miller Time NYR
HFBoards Sponsor

Does Tessier=trade bait at the deadline?? Ik he's smallish and quick sounds to me like he's a locke kinda guy great ahler just doesn't have the setup to make the jump into an NHL role especially on a ranger team that has such an abundance of bottom 6 talent down the middle.

Last edited by Miller Time NYR: 10-10-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

He is not like Locke in that he plays a very physical game, is excellent defensively and has good hands. Probably not as good hands as Locke, but better than most at this level.

Old
10-10-2010, 10:46 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
I was a non-believer of Tessier's ability to succeed at the next level, so I hope the kid proves me wrong.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Miller Time NYR
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
He is not like Locke in that he plays a very physical game, is excellent defensively and has good hands. Probably not as good hands as Locke, but better than most at this level.
I really just compared him to locke in that he's a good ahl center, correct me if I'm wrong but I just don't see a spot on the rangers for the kid with stepan-anisimov-drury-christensen-boyle-dubi(in no particular order) and hopefully a premier centerman. Unless he's gona be a star first line center.

Old
10-10-2010, 10:51 PM
lundy

Dude, Tessier is only 20. Are we already writing him off as not good enough?

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 11:07 PM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
Does Tessier=trade bait at the deadline?? Ik he's smallish and quick sounds to me like he's a locke kinda guy great ahler just doesn't have the setup to make the jump into an NHL role especially on a ranger team that has such an abundance of bottom 6 talent down the middle.
when was the last time a team traded for an ahler with 0 games of nhl experience to put them in their lineup down the stretch?

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Miller Time NYR
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
when was the last time a team traded for an ahler with 0 games of nhl experience to put them in their lineup down the stretch?
Trade bait as in an add on the + that's always in anyones trade proposal, and im not saying he isn't good enough I'm just saying I don't see a spot in 2-3-4 years for him on the rangers with stepan-anisimov-drury unless he switches to wing but that's a different story

Old
10-11-2010, 12:22 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
it doesnt matter since he isnt Rangers property. he can still be signed by any NHL team. rangers never signed him just the wolfpack

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 05:53 AM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

Tessier was on the wing last night for about half the game. He played well there.

Contractually, he is in an interesting place. I was talking about this kind of situation (not about Tessier specifically) the other night with a contract expert for the Rangers and he cleared it up for me.

If a player has a one year AHL contract with Hartford, he is bound by it and legally can't break it without Hartford's okay. He can negotiate with anyone he wants, but if its an NHL team other than the Rangers, he can't sign prior to the end of the AHL contract. The Rangers, however, can negotiate with the player during the contract period and, with Hartford's consent, tear up the AHL contract and give him an NHL ELC.

So, basically, signing a player to an AHL contract gives an NHL team a window of exclusive opportunity to watch, then negotiate with and finally sign a player without the interference of another NHL team.

Of course, Hartford could trade Tessier to another team, but he can't be traded by the Rangers to another team, because, at this point, the Rangers have no rights to him.

Old
10-11-2010, 08:50 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
I'm writing him off as "not good enough" because he wasn't "good enough" in juniors and he didn't project to be "good enough" at the next level.

Old
10-11-2010, 09:15 AM
lundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I'm writing him off as "not good enough" because he wasn't "good enough" in juniors and he didn't project to be "good enough" at the next level.
I know it's early, but, if the kid continues to put up a point a game in the AHL at age 20, then should we really care about how he played in juniors? Certain guys develop at different times.

Old
10-11-2010, 10:06 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
I know it's early, but, if the kid continues to put up a point a game in the AHL at age 20, then should we really care about how he played in juniors? Certain guys develop at different times.
Sure. I don't expect it to continue, though. I want to be proven wrong, however.

Old
10-11-2010, 10:48 AM
lundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Sure. I don't expect it to continue, though. I want to be proven wrong, however.
Indeed. It's only a couple of games. We'll see.

Old
10-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Pizza

With out looking down the roster of Rangers prospects, you might be under the impression that their are too many small guys in the system.

I was guilty of this. Twenty of our forward prospects are 6'-0" or better.

You just can't help noticing small guys like Zucarello and Tessier.

But these guys are scrappy, so maybe that's the difference maker.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote