HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010/11 Fire Randy Carlyle / Bob Murray (Bob Extended 4 Yrs/ Fans = Life Sentence)

Old
10-24-2010, 02:03 AM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfold View Post
Tick tock. If we lose horribly to Dallas think something happens?
I don't expect anything until the team is healthy again.

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 02:25 AM
Unholy
waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
I don't expect anything until the team is healthy again.
A good way of looking at it. I was one who kept saying wait for Lydman to be healthy. Either way definitely not the start that the team was preaching about all during camp/preseason. But I don't think whatever happens has to wait for Sutton to be healthy, too long imo.

Unholy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 12:02 PM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

Sooner the better for RC is my opinion.

KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 05:06 PM
beasy1975

I am also saying that RC's system doesn't work with this team. Dump and chase? The RPG are the only ones at times that teem to be able to do it. They are so big and powerful that it works for them. Koivu and others are always getting over powered so its not worth it. Im sorry but if RC is going to keep this system he needs to go. I am not too sure about having Scotty take over behind the bench? Maybe once we are too far behind to catch up but I am not willing to scrap this season so early. Im not for throwing in the youngsters now and letting them learn on the fly either. So I am not too sure what will and can help this team but obviously what we are doing isn't working at all.

beasy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 05:27 PM
onlyalad

Ok My duck Loving wife is an autogragh jinx. she has gotton 17 players autographs (Kings and Ducks) throughout the years and all 17 of them were off the team within a year. She would love to get Randy's sig at Dux In Tux but we are a little short of cash. Maybe if you guys got a pool going to send her. She has never got a current coach's autograph so I can't be sure this will work. She normally doesn't ask for them, but sometimes she buys those packs in which they send a random player (Mike Brown puck last year) and she worries all season.
not really expecting money, but the story is true

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 06:01 PM
Degenerate191

I'll send her money to get a Drew Doughty puck.

Degenerate191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 06:44 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

If I really wanted Carlyle gone I would offer to do so.

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Crowdy
Co-founder, Crowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
Ok My duck Loving wife is an autogragh jinx. she has gotton 17 players autographs (Kings and Ducks) throughout the years and all 17 of them were off the team within a year. She would love to get Randy's sig at Dux In Tux but we are a little short of cash. Maybe if you guys got a pool going to send her. She has never got a current coach's autograph so I can't be sure this will work. She normally doesn't ask for them, but sometimes she buys those packs in which they send a random player (Mike Brown puck last year) and she worries all season.
not really expecting money, but the story is true
Great idea, lets pool our money together and give it to a complete stranger.

Crowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 07:27 PM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenerate191 View Post
I'll send her money to get a Drew Doughty puck.
Be nice or I might get her one of those Getzlaf Sticks from NHL auctions for Xmas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
Great idea, lets pool our money together and give it to a complete stranger.
She's not a stranger to me

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 03:19 AM
Finnpin

Getting tired of the dump and chase (it doesn't work good enough with this team) and Carlyle can't bring any new visions to his coaching.

The sooner Carlyle is fired the better.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 04:00 AM
Papaspud
upsetting the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Getting tired of the dump and chase (it doesn't work good enough with this team) and Carlyle can't bring any new visions to his coaching.

The sooner Carlyle is fired the better.
It used to be " dump and Thump" sadly now it's now just dump....and pray that we get it back. Losing tonight to the Devils, the team with the worst record, as of now, is just plain pathetic. The Guppies light them up for a huge goal differential. The Ducks on the other hand, lose 2-to ****ing 1. This was an easy 2 points. To not capture those 2 means eitherA: the coacing team didn't get the team ready......orB: the team wants RC gone, and will lose just enough to force Samueli's hand.

Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 05:41 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaspud View Post
It used to be " dump and Thump" sadly now it's now just dump....and pray that we get it back. Losing tonight to the Devils, the team with the worst record, as of now, is just plain pathetic. The Guppies light them up for a huge goal differential. The Ducks on the other hand, lose 2-to ****ing 1. This was an easy 2 points. To not capture those 2 means eitherA: the coacing team didn't get the team ready......orB: the team wants RC gone, and will lose just enough to force Samueli's hand.
Interesting. So there are only two options? It's not possible that this team just might not be that good, even though that is exactly what the standings suggest? Anaheim has played more games than almost every other team, and they are still near the bottom of the standings right now.

There is no such thing as an "easy 2 points" because this is the NHL. Even in 2006-2007, when Anaheim was simply the best team in the NHL, they lost games at times to teams they shouldn't have lost to. Every team has games like that. Tonight, Anaheim had a chance to win. Take away Hiller's horrible 1st goal, and Syvret's equally bad turnover, and this is a 1-0 game. This was a close game. It was two teams not playing great hockey trying to get 2 points. New Jersey is just the one who came out with those 2 points.

This game didn't show us anything we didn't see in previous games. Turnovers. At least one soft goal from Hiller. Questionable defense. Inconsistent offense. This is the same crap we've seen in 10 other games so far. Even when Anaheim is winning they are ugly wins, full of these same problems. It shouldn't surprise anyone when we lose a game the same way we've already been losing games, and even winning games.

Right now we have a GM who can't even tell the fans what kind of team he is trying to put together. If he can't give a clear, concise answer to that question then what makes people think he can find the right coach? Has he given us any reason to trust that he can? He certainly doesn't seem to be finding the right players. I have no problem with getting rid of Carlyle, but I don't see the point while we have Murray.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 06:57 AM
Papaspud
upsetting the

[QUOTE=Sojourn;28628158]Interesting. So there are only two options? It's not possible that this team just might not be that good, even though that is exactly what the standings suggest? Anaheim has played more games than almost every other team, and they are still near the bottom of the standings right now.

There is no such thing as an "easy 2 points" because this is the NHL. Even in 2006-2007, when Anaheim was simply the best team in the NHL, they lost games at times to teams they shouldn't have lost to. Every team has games like that. Tonight, Anaheim had a chance to win. Take away Hiller's horrible 1st goal, and Syvret's equally bad turnover, and this is a 1-0 game. This was a close game. It was two teams not playing great hockey trying to get 2 points. New Jersey is just the one who came out with those 2 points.

This game didn't show us anything we didn't see in previous games. Turnovers. At least one soft goal from Hiller. Questionable defense. Inconsistent offense. This is the same crap we've seen in 10 other games so far. Even when Anaheim is winning they are ugly wins, full of these same problems. It shouldn't surprise anyone when we lose a game the same way we've already been losing games, and even winning games.

Right now we have a GM who can't even tell the fans what kind of team he is trying to put together. If he can't give a clear, concise answer to that question then what makes people think he can find the right coach? Has he given us any reason to trust that he can? He certainly doesn't seem to be finding the right players. [U]I have no problem with getting rid of Carlyle, but I don't see the point while we have Murray]QUOTE]

Agree, it should be be a GM/Coach package. Both should be shown the door, pronto. We have the talent to win. Other teams with less are beating the very same teams we are falling to. This has been a problem for the last 2 seasons, and it's getting old. I think the term is "Either ****, or get off the pot". A new GM must be brought in, with a new coach as well. The 2 in power now have lost both the "room" as well as the fan's support.

Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 11:55 AM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

I honestly thinnk a coaching change would help this team. A new voice. A new system. These things could do wonders for a team. The Ducks should not be this bad with some of the talent they have.

I understand this team has deficiences but no way based on talent should the Ducks be in the bottom 3-4 teams in the league.

I'm going to have to go back to my bag over the head avatar!!!!!

Last edited by KelVarnsen: 10-30-2010 at 12:06 PM.
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 12:51 PM
davidy2d
Heater Clap Bombs

To: Fowler, Sutton, Lupul, Sexton, Beleskey

Please, hurry.

davidy2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Varius

Agree with the dump-and-chase not working and being tired of seeing it.

Especially since, the dump-and-chase may actually work, but what we are seeing is the dump-and-watch or dump-and-slowly-skate-towards-the-puck or the awesome dump-and-hope-the-puck-magically-appears-on-our-stick-off-the-boards.

Varius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Tell you guys what, you can have Disco Dan Bylsma (former Duck and Cup winning coach) and we'll take Carlyle for the rest of the year on a trial basis.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 08:02 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
I honestly thinnk a coaching change would help this team. A new voice. A new system. These things could do wonders for a team. The Ducks should not be this bad with some of the talent they have.

I understand this team has deficiences but no way based on talent should the Ducks be in the bottom 3-4 teams in the league.

I'm going to have to go back to my bag over the head avatar!!!!!
To be fair though, all of the talent we have is up front. If our D is too useless to give them competent outlet passes then it's making life pretty difficult for them. The number of tape to tape passes to forwards out of the zone are few and far between.

Paul4587 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 12:00 AM
defer*

I have been all for keeping RC....

but we are playing like ****....

IDK if it is the system mixed with the personell or if he cannot motivate anyone but I'm getting sick of it.

We either need to fire him and bring in a coach that can implement a new system ADN get a fire up under their ass and maybe salvage the season... or accept we suck and take the lottery pick and hope that sbisa/larsson/fowler can play amazing next season.

EDIT: ANDDDD fire RC this summer.

defer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 12:10 AM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by defer View Post
I have been all for keeping RC....

but we are playing like ****....

IDK if it is the system mixed with the personell or if he cannot motivate anyone but I'm getting sick of it.

We either need to fire him and bring in a coach that can implement a new system ADN get a fire up under their ass and maybe salvage the season... or accept we suck and take the lottery pick and hope that sbisa/larsson/fowler can play amazing next season.

EDIT: ANDDDD fire RC this summer.
this is the only season i dont want to tank.. i dont want to tank for teemu's last season.. its embarassing

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 12:13 AM
defer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
this is the only season i dont want to tank.. i dont want to tank for teemu's last season.. its embarassing
ya :/

maybe he will feel he has unfinished business

defer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 12:47 AM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

Post deleted. Wrong thread...

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 02:34 AM
Unholy
waifu

Glad I still don't have cable at the new place.

I was just on the RC banning, but I dont even care anymore.. Fire them both tomorrow please.

Last nights Devils borefest was pretty painful too. Should have known better to go to that game myself

Unholy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 03:11 AM
davidy2d
Heater Clap Bombs

New GM and coach.

Now.

davidy2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2010, 07:03 AM
Paul4587

If Carlyle goes Murray had better be going with him. Outside of Visnovsky and Lydman the D is AHL caliber. The bottom 6 is atrocious also.

The team Murray has assembled has no identity, they're not fast, they're not good at trying to dictate physical play, they're not exceptionally skilled and they're terrible defensively. I have no idea what system Carlyle could implement where the team would succeed because Murray has strung together a bunch of cast offs and stop gaps to try and complement the very little talent that we do have.

Paul4587 is online now   Reply With Quote