HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ranger @ Islanders - 10/11/10

Old
10-11-2010, 07:30 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
I'm a bit late to the party...but that Callahan penalty looked pretty week. Sadly that was the game right there. No Callahan call = no Staal call = a W or at least 1 point. True we still could have pulled it off...but that was a pretty unfortunate way to lose the game.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 07:35 PM
303Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrurysWeekend View Post

WHY U HAFT TO BE MAD?

At least Ranger fans have some hope for the playoffs.
Not mad at all. Just find it funny when a Rangers fan wants to ask how a player will feel in May when he's golfing when in reality the Rangers haven't made it their in 12 years. Funny some guy are never humbled.

303Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Joe View Post
Not mad at all. Just find it funny when a Rangers fan wants to ask how a player will feel in May when he's golfing when in reality the Rangers haven't made it their in 12 years. Funny some guy are never humbled.
Been a lot longer for many other teams.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Blazephr

Watch: John Tortorella’s Postgame Remarks

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2010/1...tgame-remarks/

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 07:46 PM
beastly115

Just watched the game.

Brutal, brutal game by MDZ. Wow.

Not much else to say. Call on Cally was terrible but the game never should have been that close to begin with. I feel like that first MDZ giveaway that lead to the goal set the tone. Gave the Isles some fight. That goal doesn't happen, we would have squashed them.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Ian
Mike York fan club

When you don't bring your best game, you let the bounce of the puck dictate the results.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
Watch: John Tortorella’s Postgame Remarks

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2010/1...tgame-remarks/
For once, John is probably less upset than we are. He also agrees with the crap call.

10-11-2010, 07:56 PM
TomLaidlaw

Every couple of months we have a poll on here about which team is our biggest rival. Most of the younger fans vote for the Devils which is understandable. They are confused why so many of the older fans vote for the Islanders. You see how chatty some of their fans are after winning a regular season game. Imagine living through them winning 4 straight Stanley Cups. It made you want to ram sharp objects into your eyes and ears.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I agree with John that the team did some good things today.

Dubinsky is on fire, core looks good, ect.

However. Considering how dependent on Gaborik this team was last season, the fact that the first two games he has no goals and we are 1-1, despite Lundqvist having a rough start is a bit of a pleasant surprise. it wont last though.

Our depth is good depth but they cant be superstars for us, they wont always produce at this level. We need Gaborik and Lundqvist to play like they can for this team to do anything.

Old
10-11-2010, 08:09 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
That was the worst Ranger-Islander crowd I was ever apart of. Plenty of Ranger fans..not nearly as many as usual. Not many Islander fans, a TON of empty seats. Although the crowd was loud for each teams respective goals, it was dead for the most part and not very energized.

Announced attendance? A whopping 11,445.

That, my friends, is a HUGE problem.

10-11-2010, 08:14 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Frolov needs to wake up. MDZ had a bad game. Outside of that I don't have much problems.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 08:17 PM
303Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
That was the worst Ranger-Islander crowd I was ever apart of. Plenty of Ranger fans..not nearly as many as usual. Not many Islander fans, a TON of empty seats. Although the crowd was loud for each teams respective goals, it was dead for the most part and not very energized.

Announced attendance? A whopping 11,445.

That, my friends, is a HUGE problem.
Yes it is. Isles will continue to have problem till the building crap is put aside and Wang wants to put cash into the team. I understand he's losing alot of money but knew this when he purchased the team. However this team salary with players on the roster injured or not is below the salary cap floor. Only reason they are above it is because the buyouts of Yashin and Witt.

303Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 08:22 PM
skymachine

Well, you ain't gonna win them all. I don't understand the panic. Did you all expect 82-0?

I like the goalscoring (10 goals in 2 games). What I don't like is the defensive effort (9 GA in 2 games). I'm sure well see a better effort vs. the Leafs.

skymachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Fataldogg

Disappointing game.

Dubinsky was great. Continues to impress me. Stepan looked good. Gaborik a ghost (beside the PS)

Henrik looked like he has fought the puck the last two games. Doesn't really look like he is seeing the puck way or handling the puck well in front of the net. I didn't like how he played against Buffalo and I thought he was pretty mediocre tonight too. That being said, he had no chance on three of the goals.

MDZ was terrible defensively tonight. The first goal was entirely on him. I don't know what he was thinking trying to deke around a player right in front of the net. Second goal he had a hard time settling down the puck and the Isles took advantage of it. He had a few other break downs that, thankfully, didn't result in goals. I wouldn't mind him sacrificing some of his offensive prowess to develop his defensive game a little bit. Last year he was terrible defensively and this year he looks like he is off to the same start. I was hoping he'd improve in that regard.

That being said I can't just point out MDZ. Defensive coverage in front of the net was awful. 2-3 goals result in lack of coverage in front of the net and in the slot. Not good. Players didn't get their men, spots on the ice were left open, just really poorly played defensively.

**On a side note you can blame the ref on the Cally call but unfortunately in sports you're going to get calls that don't go in your favor. They have to suck it up and deal with it. I'm just as disappointed as everyone else but these things happen in every competitive sporting event.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I'd like to see Gilroy given a chance next game.

Also, cut down on MDZ's ES minutes and remove him from the PK equation. Even if it means playing Rozy on the left side with Rozy-Sauer as the 2nd PK pairing.

Old
10-11-2010, 08:27 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I'd like to see Gilroy given a chance next game.

Also, cut down on MDZ's ES minutes and remove him from the PK equation. Even if it means playing Rozy on the left side with Rozy-Sauer as the 2nd PK pairing.
Honestly, try Sauer on the left side if it means getting Eminger out of the lineup.

Eminger is downright terrible.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
That's funny. I prefer him on the other side too.
lol Yeah, really. He likes it there because he can play on the 2nd line on an AHL team on the NHL level.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Frolov needs to wake up. MDZ had a bad game. Outside of that I don't have much problems.
I thought Frolov was one of their better forwards tonight. Generated several good scoring chances and almost scored a goal. I thought Gaborik was less noticeable than him. I think that whole line Frolov - Christensen - Gaborik has to get it going. You can't have Avery - Stepan - Fedotenko be your best line.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

I mean Ideally Sauer turns into a Rozsival replacement sooner rather than later; leaving us free to trade Rozy and still field a capable defense.

But we're still stuck in a damned situation where only one of our LD's is capable of handling top 4 defensive minutes. Wish McDonagh was ready.

Old
10-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrurysWeekend View Post
For once, John is probably less upset than we are. He also agrees with the crap call.
It's still bugging me, and I know I'm getting to sound like a big baby, but it wasn't a crap call.

There was crap calls. Especially in the third period it's going to not go right for the Rangers when they can sustain anything when they're getting ****ed over two ways.

Old
10-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist4Vezina View Post
lol Yeah, really. He likes it there because he can play on the 2nd line on an AHL team on the NHL level.
An AHL team that beat us...

...just sayin'

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
An AHL team that beat us...

...just sayin'
No, you're right.

I was shaking my head typing that.

It's just one game out of 82.

Old
10-11-2010, 08:39 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

just watched the game...meh whatever chalk that one up to the refs doing what they do best and emminger being the worst nyr dman since malik...yes that includes redden. Im sorry but if you get dusted 1-1 by josh bailey you should consider another occupation. he flat out stinks.
the only other gripe i have is boogard taking up space on this team when there is just no use for him...at all. otherwise, they looked fine a few unfortunate bounces and some bad calls were the difference.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 08:40 PM
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

They played harder. Period. Did a few of the calls suck...yes..but you gotta deal with that all year long.

They won. They beat us. Simple as that.

Move on.

Having said that...Hank doesn't look sharp at all right now...

WhiskeyDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 08:41 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
I thought Frolov was one of their better forwards tonight. Generated several good scoring chances and almost scored a goal. I thought Gaborik was less noticeable than him. I think that whole line Frolov - Christensen - Gaborik has to get it going. You can't have Avery - Stepan - Fedotenko be your best line.
Frolov's here to provide secondary goal scoring. Not seeing it, and what's even worse is I'm not seeing him getting chances either. I guess its only game 2 but I liked his presence better in pre-season.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote