HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ranger @ Islanders - 10/11/10

Old
10-12-2010, 03:03 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

vCash: 500
That referee´s sucked so hard... Too many No-Calls for the Piles and some penalties against us were just a joke!!!
That P. A. scored against us was the highlight
At all it was a good derby with the wrong winner. On friday we´ve to win!

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 03:10 AM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
He seems to be one of the saner Isles fans. I just looked at their GDT, and they have guys re-watching the game and proclaiming that the Isles have the more talented core of players, that the Isles are going to destroy the Rangers when they get their three guys back, that McDonald, Moulson and co are better than Anisimov, Dubinsky and co, and...wait for it...that DiPietro is better than Lundqvist. DiPi is back for two games (where he didn't exactly cover himself in glory) without shattering another knee, and they're back to arguing that he's better than Hank.
Sadly every team has idiots like these.

If you see somebody saying that DP is better Lundqvist or that the Isles are better since they have more former 1st rounders(lol) than your best bet is to ignore them.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 03:36 AM
Chimp

Thinking about the game, there were 3 consecutive penalties for the Rangers in the 2nd, followed by 5 consecutive penalties for the Islanders in the 3rd.

8 consecutive penalties in the same end of the rink correlates towards one ref blowing his whistle like crazy, while the other left it in the locker room.

It's been said for years, but if NHL wants this silly two ref system to work - which was said to improve reffing, when in reality it has just been twice as bad - they need to form permanent ref teams. I haven't seen chemistry this bad since 7th grade.

Or maybe it was just a silly coincidence.

Last edited by Chimp: 10-12-2010 at 03:41 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 06:14 AM
AJRanger

I just noticed, through 2 games Fedotenko's the only member of our top-9 to not have at least a point. That's pretty good going.

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 07:24 AM
Chris 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
just watched the game...meh whatever chalk that one up to the refs doing what they do best and emminger being the worst nyr dman since malik...yes that includes redden. Im sorry but if you get dusted 1-1 by josh bailey you should consider another occupation. he flat out stinks.
the only other gripe i have is boogard taking up space on this team when there is just no use for him...at all. otherwise, they looked fine a few unfortunate bounces and some bad calls were the difference.
What did Eminger do to cost us this game?

We've to chalk it up to Eminger when MDZ was at fault for two goals, Henrik played bad, the ref called a dumb penalty on Cally and Staal took a dumb penalty.

I'm no Eminger fan... at all, but I think we're being a bit rough on him.

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:06 AM
BaileyToOkposo

isles fan, just lookin to see what u guys thought of game BUT to georgehamiltonstan: how can you say bailey flat out stinks. this makes me think u didnt watch the gzme. he was 1 of of best in the ice

BaileyToOkposo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:12 AM
BaileyToOkposo

sry bout the grammar typin on phone. bailey is in his 3rd year and gettin better. he finally got bigger nd added muscle which was his #1 problem before. i can see a breakout year for him

BaileyToOkposo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:12 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Some really good things to take away from this game...

10 Goals in the first two games and none from Gaborik and Frolov, looks like we should be getting some secondary scoring this year.

Girardi has looked fantastic.

The line of Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan was superb. Dubinsky and Anisimov look like they both had a great summer of training and are ready to lead this team.

Avery looked good again and is continuing to be a pest. He has to keep that up.

The Gaborik-Frolov connection seems to be building, leave them alone. One of these games its going to pay dividends.

Sauer has been nice and steady.

Tough game to come away with no points, I think they earned at least one and they battled good. The forecheck was great. They beat themselves a little bit IMO and the Islanders were opportunistic. I know its early, but this one pissed me off watching a depleted Isles team score 6.

That Bailey kid made two great plays for two or three of those Islander goals ... Wish Henrik got at least one of them. The Rangers needed him to step up to get the W, but it was tough on that 5on3... He was a little sub-par though.

Anyway, its early. Take the positives out of this one and build on it - HAve some good practices and solidify home ice and come away 2-1 by the weekend.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:37 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Completely untrue. They have a nice bunch of younger players (Hamonic, De Haan, Petrov, Nino, Bailey, Tavares, Comeau) but our group is deeper and simply put they are just better.

I hate them with passion but I have to admire how hard they play night in night out.
Yeah.. the Hank vs DP argument is not close right now.. Hank is one of the best goalies in the NHL and DP cant even stay healthy..

Both teams have some good young players and it will be interesting to see in a few years how things play out.

The Rangers have: Stepan, Grachev, Kreider, Thomas, Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov Staal, MDZ, McD, Mcilrath, VTank, all 24 years old or younger... That is is solid core... I am sure I am also leaving other players of this list..

The Islanders have: Tavares, Okposo, Bailey, Neiderreiter, Comeau, Schremp, Petrov, Brock Nelson, Hamonic, Dehaan, McDonald, Hillen, Donovan all 24 yrs old and younger...

Have to give this to the Rangers as they have more players proven at the NHL level..

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:43 AM
hockeygoon15

It's always nice to see what the takeaway is from the other side. Granted there are some people who like to sit around and toot their own horn all day, but one of the nice things about these boards is that you can - sometimes - find some knowledgeable fans of the game that happen to root for the "bad guys." You can get some pretty good conversation/debate if you find someone that can take the blinders off.

My thoughts on the game: the call in the corner was weak, but that call will be made about 50% of the time. I don't think the reffing was terrible, but I would say that the majority of the debatable calls went the Isles way. Someone's gonna have that advantage in every game. All in all, I think it was one hell of an exciting game to watch.

hockeygoon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:47 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Ok..so, after watching the game when I got home last night on DVR, I agree with the consensus here. Those Staal and Callahan penalties were absolute garbage calls, especially Callahan's. Gaborik's penalty was borderline. I personally don't think it shoulda been called, but understand why it was, so whatever. Bottom line is, we should have killed that the 2nd part of that power play, after the 'Sticks scored on the 5 on 3.

Good part is, the power play looks great so far. Let's hope it's a sign of good things to come.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:53 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
just watched the game...meh whatever chalk that one up to the refs doing what they do best and emminger being the worst nyr dman since malik...yes that includes redden. Im sorry but if you get dusted 1-1 by josh bailey you should consider another occupation. he flat out stinks.
the only other gripe i have is boogard taking up space on this team when there is just no use for him...at all. otherwise, they looked fine a few unfortunate bounces and some bad calls were the difference.
How does Bailey stink? Come on, don't let a uniform blind you. The kid can play.

10-12-2010, 11:40 AM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

Any new word on Christensen's injury?

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 12:55 PM
robbiezyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiezyg View Post
Any chance Gilroy gets into some games soon? has he looked that bad so far?
Anyone?

robbiezyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Chris 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
How does Bailey stink? Come on, don't let a uniform blind you. The kid can play.
Going by the rest of the post it wasn't the uniform that was blinding him, it was stupidity.

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Richard Brads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
if i had to guess i think he meant that eminger flat out stinks... bailey can play but i'd agree an nhl dman shouldn't be getting beaten by bailey 1 on 1, it's not his game.

Richard Brads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:12 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by phathead hea View Post
if i had to guess i think he meant that eminger flat out stinks... bailey can play but i'd agree an nhl dman shouldn't be getting beaten by bailey 1 on 1, it's not his game.
I don't think he was beat. He was certainly outworked.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:22 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Wrong on all accounts. I want to notice a player like Frolov. I'm not. He isn't a ordinary player. He should be the #2 on this team after Gaborik. He's proven to be an all-star caliber player.

Maybe I'm expecting too much, but that's how I see it. I'll admit it's still early but I haven't seen much of an impact thus far.
TBH, I think Christensen is weighing that line down. It seems like every time Gabs or Fro have the puck deep and are cycling, once it gets to Christensen it's either a giveaway or a bad pass. He's clearly the weak link on that line and it shows.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:35 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiezyg View Post
Anyone?
Got me swinging. It's beyond me why they play Eminger when we have better defensemen in the minors right now, IMO.

I don't think he looks bad, if anything I think he looks a little more improved then last season.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:51 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Completely untrue. They have a nice bunch of younger players (Hamonic, De Haan, Petrov, Nino, Bailey, Tavares, Comeau) but our group is deeper and simply put they are just better.

That's the funniest part. The guy wasn't even comparing our core to Bailey, Tavares and co.

Quote:
Is Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov, Girardi, and the rest of the 3rd line talents of the Rangers much better than Hunter, Comeau, Neilson, Moulson, Mcdonald, Martinek? I DON'T THINK SO!! Ranger fans are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overrating their team once again!!!
He actually thinks their bottom 6 players and depth defensemen are better than our core. I know they only win every now and again, and need to enjoy it, but do they not realize how stupid they're going to look when they inevitably crash back down to earth?

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Just curious...how do you guys explain the lack of PP time of Frolov and Gaborik?

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Has anyone blamed Gabby for not scoring on the PS?

(I'm not laying the blame at his feet here just playing devil's advocate)

In a game like that were one goal means a world of difference blame can be placed on almost anyone who had a chance, or who blew a play.

MDZ had a rough one, the Cally call was a bit weak, but there were dozens of plays like that throughout the game that could've changed the outcome.

It is what it is. Tough loss.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 03:33 PM
John Torturella

Being at the game, I didnt realize how close Del Zotto's last shot was to tying the game. From where I was it looked to be blocked. After seeing the replay it apparently hit DiPietro in the mask.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 03:33 PM
pwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Just curious...how do you guys explain the lack of PP time of Frolov and Gaborik?
Torts

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 03:38 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
TBH, I think Christensen is weighing that line down. It seems like every time Gabs or Fro have the puck deep and are cycling, once it gets to Christensen it's either a giveaway or a bad pass. He's clearly the weak link on that line and it shows.
Yah know, thats what I was thinking.

Its tough when the weakest link on your first line is your center too.

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote