HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Souray Masterton Finalist

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2004, 06:41 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Souray Masterton Finalist

with Andreychuck and Bérard

Way to Go!

Sorry, forgot the source : RDS

Old
06-09-2004, 06:47 PM
F. Duchemin

Send a message via MSN to F. Duchemin
I think Souray got good chance of winning it. Really good if you consider he was at the all-star game.

Old
06-09-2004, 06:49 PM
EaGLE1

Good candidates. But why Andreychuk? He was injured last year or what?
Berard had a great season even if he see barely with only 1 eye!!

Old
06-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
Good candidates. But why Andreychuk? He was injured last year or what?
Berard had a great season even if he see barely with only 1 eye!!
Apparently because he chose a few years back to stay with TB when he saw potential in his team instead of going to a cup contender. All three are very deserving of this!

Old
06-09-2004, 08:38 PM
Habsolument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisson11
Apparently because he chose a few years back to stay with TB when he saw potential in his team instead of going to a cup contender. All three are very deserving of this!
They are all deserving but I don't see how could Andreychuck win against Berard who barely lost an eye and Souray with his bionic wrist. Andreychuck must not even want this award, he got the one he wanted already.

Old
06-09-2004, 09:18 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisson11
what??? This can't be the true reason. It's not a good reason for being candidate to the Masterton. This is stupid. I think every trophy winners are chosen before the start of playoffs. Masterton included. No?

Old
06-10-2004, 03:00 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
I find this hilarious. For like 5 years str8 we are plagued by injuries, now we get 2 years of "comback award". Pure comedy

Old
06-10-2004, 03:03 PM
PJ Wiggum

Send a message via MSN to PJ Wiggum
I think Souray is going to get this award, to me Berard should have recieved it last year. Andreychuk is only nominated because he played for so long without winning a thing, so I guess you can say he was dedicated to his goals and such.

Old
06-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
what??? This can't be the true reason. It's not a good reason for being candidate to the Masterton. This is stupid. I think every trophy winners are chosen before the start of playoffs. Masterton included. No?
Andreychuk, 40, refused a trade to a playoff contender several years ago in order to stay with the Lightning because of the franchise's potential. That promised was fulfilled and in his 22nd NHL season, Andreychuk lifted the Stanley Cup for the first time in his career. He was a unifying force in the Tampa Bay dressing room as well as a solid on-ice performer.

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/re...ewsItemID=3813

Old
06-11-2004, 06:11 PM
saskhab

congrats Berard! only took him 3 years to finally get recognized.

Andreychuk doesn't show perseverance and dedication? It's not neccessarily about injuries, it's about those qualities mentioned above. Andreychuk did a lot for his game and his team in Tampa, and deserves recognition. Really, a lot of people should get honoured for this award. Just to be nominated by your team is an honour (and yes, that includes Alexandre Daigle in Minnesota).

Old
06-13-2004, 02:54 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab
congrats Berard! only took him 3 years to finally get recognized.

Andreychuk doesn't show perseverance and dedication? It's not neccessarily about injuries, it's about those qualities mentioned above. Andreychuk did a lot for his game and his team in Tampa, and deserves recognition. Really, a lot of people should get honoured for this award. Just to be nominated by your team is an honour (and yes, that includes Alexandre Daigle in Minnesota).
They voted before the playoffs. So why Andreychuk? Yeah, i know what he has done but there's a lot of veterans who have done the same thing. I have to admit that 20+ goals for a 40 years old is good. I'm just surprised he is a finalist. I mean, there is 700+ players in this league and Andreychuk is top 3??

Daigle could have been the 3rd guy. Damn, he's been one of the best on the WILD.

Old
06-13-2004, 05:52 PM
Go Habs Go

What if Andreychuk stayed with Tampa Bay because no other team in the league offered him a decent contract or what if he has remained in the league for this long because he is greedy? I'm not saying any of these things are true, I'm sure Andreychuk is a great guy and IS dedicated to hockey but they can say whatever they want, they can give the award to anybody they want. They can come up with any reason why to give him the trophy, it doesn't mean nothing. In the end, if not entirely, its all to promote hockey in Florida. Just watch, the NHL is going to milk this Stanley Cup to promote hockey in all the areas where hockey isn't as popular. "Look at the team that you have! Not only are they the champions, they're taking home all the awards! Talent, Promise, Dedication...! You'd be a fool not to pay to go see them!"

Closed Thread